<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Vasilije Gligorijevic a activist is arrested from FYROM ultra -nationalist Regime

January 28 2009 at 11:30 AM
No score for this post

akritas  (Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Please help him.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Arxileas
(Login Arxileas)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Re: Vasilije Gligorijevic a activist is arrested from FYROM ultra -nationalist Regime

No score for this post
January 29 2009, 3:23 AM 

I've spread it on some forums and maybe more soon !

http://www.hellenicplanet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=471

Ta ala den ta dixno yiati den thelo na mathoun pios eime sta ala forums.

--------------------------------------------

http://www.hellenicplanet.com/forums

This message has been edited by Arxileas on Jan 29, 2009 7:29 AM

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

akritas
(Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Re: Vasilije Gligorijevic a activist is arrested from FYROM ultra -nationalist Regime

No score for this post
January 29 2009, 4:03 PM 

Niklianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
January 31 2009, 5:36 AM 

So Vasilije from MOTW was arrested for his protest? If so we need to get international recognition of his plight and struggle in Skoplje. We need to get the human rights groups involved!

akritas
(Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
February 3 2009, 11:26 PM 

Pan-Macedonian USA sent a Letter to several International Officials as regards Vasko Gligorijevic arrested.

To:
The EU Parliament,
UN Missions,Human Rights Agencies,
World Media,
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,
UN Special Mediator Mr. Matthew Nimetz,
Hellenic Foreign Minister Dora Bakogianni, & the Hellenic Parliament

We should like to bring to your attention the apparent arrest of Mr. Vasil Gligorov (aka Vasko Gligorijevic) in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (the FYROM). Reportedly on January 28, 2009 the FYROM police charged into Mr. Gligorovs apartment where they arrested him purportedly because of his activist actions. Mr. Gligorov, a university graduate in history, has devoted his efforts at improving Slavic-Greek friendship through the advancement of historiographic and anthropological scholarship about Southern Slavs in the Balkans and Greeks as well as the various aspects of their mutual cultural and political relations. He is a strong critic of the extreme nationalistic narrative of Makedonism and one of the leading members of the Slavic Philhellenic Network.

At this time, the whereabouts of Mr. Gligorov are unknown although we have learned that he has since been imprisoned and suffered physical and mental torture and may be close to death.

This alleged government-supported action is a blatant case of extremely repressive behavior akin to a totalitarian regime as opposed to a country, which aspires to become a member of the European Union and NATO. In any free democratic society, voices such as Mr. Gligorovs cannot and must not be suppressed. We call upon your Agency and other Human Rights NGOs to investigate the aforementioned case and facilitate the immediate release of Mr. Gligorov from detention.

FYROM must abandon the mentality of its communist past era that has resulted in ill treatment of its minorities and hostile irredentist behavior towards its neighbors. The FYROM leaderships eerie fascist performance is continuous. It was also recently self-exposed when they promoted through National TV channels an approximately nine minute video, entitled Macedonian Prayer. In the video God himself appeared, telling the people of the FYROM that he had populated the earth with three races of people, the white race or Macedonoids, the yellow race or Mongoloids and the black race or Negroids, while all other people in the world were mulattos. These extreme racial beliefs, which underlie a virulent ethnocentric narrative are especially troubling and dampen enthusiasm about the prospect of a viable and lasting solution to the perennial name problem.

Our Association is a USA based organization and our members origins are from Macedonia, the northern province of Greece. Many are also citizens of Greece and therefore citizens of the European Union. Moreover, when a misfortune such as Mr. Grigorovs, occurs, it becomes the concern of all peace-loving nations on earth.We thank you in advance for your attention and appropriate action on this matter.

Sincerely,
Nina Gatzoulis ,President
Maria Hatzinakos, Secretary

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
February 7 2009, 4:46 PM 

Hello, once again. I have not been on this forum for a while. Some of you might doubt my sincerity, but I am with you on this one. The ridiculous propaganda in my country has to stop. Yes it is me, nobody hacked my account. I still have the same feelings about my nationality and all, but I have changed my opinion in various subjects. First, of all anti Greek and anti Neighbor propaganda in my country has to stop. Vasil Gligirov (a.k.a Vasilije Gligorovic) is an intellectual and has his ideas, although I do not agree with him on various subjects I stand for his right to express his opinion. I am fed up with the propaganda in my country, I believe lots of my compatriots share my views, in order to minorise their failures the government is promoting hatred towards others, which is unacceptable. From now on, I'll have a different approach, I am not going to blame the other before I check wheter there is a mistake from my side. No matter our political and national differences we should live as neighbors and friends, that is my opinion.

Niklianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
February 11 2009, 2:31 AM 

Viktor,

that is all we have been asking for. All countries have their problems and always will. But as you have noticed spreading hate and ignorance is just a way to manipulate people into avoiding the real issues. I have always been one to look at each person as an individual and not as a part of a larger group, not unless they act and behave the same way. We welcome your new insights and hope we can have some good dialogue from here on out.

Viktor
(Login Wiktor20)

No score for this post
February 11 2009, 3:07 AM 

Thank you for your cooperative post Nikilianos. Exactly what I am opposing is blind nationalism and promotion of hatred towards others in my country. Before, I was more concerning about issues in your country, but like the old folks said: Everybody should clean their own backyard. So, I have some information on this, Gligorov has been released, and it wasn't something big, it was just an attempt to intimidate him I guess, or maybe it was nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised to be an attempt of an intimidation due to the acts our government is taking recently. They are completely gone mad, I am not talking just about the obsession with Ancient history, but some laws etc. Anyway, my wider point is that, we, generally people on the Balkans, are too much obsessed with history, we sometimes live in and for the past, rather than live in the present and for the future. We are focusing to much on the group identity rather then the personal. By the way, dialog is very important, that is how issues are resolved.

akritas
(Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

No score for this post
February 19 2009, 10:01 AM 

[linked image]

Vasilije (Vasko) Gligorijevic , is an activist, strong criticizer of "Pseudomacedonism" ideology that flourish in former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and one of the leading members of the Slavic Philhellenic Network. Vasko has devoted his efforts at improving Slavic-Greek friendship through the advancement of historiographic and anthropological scholarship about Southern Slavs in the Balkans and Greeks as well as the various aspects of their mutual cultural and political relations. In 28th has been arrested from FYROM police charged into Vasko Gligorijevic apartment where they arrested him purportedly because of his activist actions. FYROM newspapers wrote that "he is non-existent person" but suddenly and after the circulation of the new on the internet the same media Vasko located in the known psychiatric hospital Bardovci. For how much problematic mental is the Vasilije Gligorijevic you can see from the articles that it has written occasionally :

http://ancient-medieval-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2008/12/slavic-settlement-in-povardarje-fyrom.html"

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2008/10/death-of-academic-honesty-in-fyrom-case.html

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2008/11/serbs-of-fyrom-historical-presence-and.html

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2008/11/pseudomacedonian-ideology-its-narrative.html

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2008/11/fyrom-how-lie-was-imposed-as-supreme.html

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2008/12/vmro-reign-in-fyrom-europes-only-modern.html

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2008/12/university-education-in-fyrom.html

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2009/02/fyrom-fascism-in-action.html

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement