<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The conspicuous absence of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch on Vasko Case.

July 26 2009 at 6:11 PM
No score for this post

akritas  (Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Why Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have a conspicuous absence as regards the case of missing of Vasko Gligorijevic ?

As you know there are two two western-oriented international human rights organizations operating worldwide in most situations of severe oppression or abuse.

The Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.

Both NGOs have shown an conspicuous absence as regards the missing of the known Serb Macedonian activist Vasko Gligorov(Gligorijevic). Vasko Gligorijevic, is a Civil Rights Activist and one of the from the leading criticizers of the ficticious construct of "Macedonism" (an extreme nationalist ideology) in Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) . He has now been missing for almost three weeks. Before his disappearance, in July 3rd he had sent an email by saying:

"I may be arrested again. I know that from my sources. Please check me on this email in the next 12 hours. Do not alert nobody for now, please, it is not certain. But do check me every 12 hours for few days. If repeatedly do not answer in next hours or days, I´m dead, I´m gone."

I remind also that Vasko Gligorijevic had been arrested again by the FYROM police previously at two in the morning on 28 January 2009. On that occasion he had been eventually taken to the psychiatric clinic Bardovci http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME5bpffoByY). He had been drugged and kept tied up for three days. While in the psychiatric clinic, he was kept effectively incommunicado, he was essentially stripped of his legal rights and had no access to a lawyer or to a doctor of his own choice. The director of the Clinic refused a meeting with a Greek doctor, journalists and supporters, claiming that she did not know if this patient was in her hospital. At that time, Vasko Gligorijevic was imprisoned in a "mental institution" where he was subjected to physical and mental torture and came close to death. He was subsequently released after strenuous objections from the international community.

Both NGOs were absence as regards and in this case.
WHY ?

Now again and because of his free voice Vasko Gligorijevic is missing again. There are rumours that the orders for his arrest and disappearance came from the very top. The antidemocratic practices of the current FYROM administration(VMRO is a extreme right nationalist partie) are known, particularly afterwards the absolute majority that ensured in the FYROM Parliament, with prosecutions(case of Archbishop Jovan) and arrests of political opponents(case of Social Democratic Alliance of Macedonia vice-president Zoran Zaev), the effort to be debited the traitor stigma those who have different opinion and express it in public, the nationalistic hysteria but also the piracy that becomes round of the call national issues, they cause concern, who day with the day grows.

Even and the top the x-FYROM President Branko Crvenkovski was offended and was blackmailed with control of all his assets and his banking deposits in all the neighbouring countries and is faced as a political opponent that should must undermined. The approximately hundred laws that passed from the Parliament, without discussion, the most at the time of the abstention of Opposition, grow the concerns that adopt and the factors of EU and OCSE.

FYROM State is under the mentality of its communist past era that has resulted in ill treatment of its minorities and hostile irredentist behavior towards its neighbors. The FYROM leadership's eerie fascist performance is continuous. Once more this alleged government-supported action is a blatant case of extremely repressive behavior akin to a totalitarian regime as opposed to a country, which aspires to become a member of the European Union and NATO. In any free democratic society, voices such as Vasko Gligorijevic cannot and must not be suppressed. When a misfortune such as Vasko Gligorijevic occurs, it becomes the concern of all peace-loving nations on earth.

I call these two Human Rights NGOs to investigate the aforementioned case and facilitate the immediate release of Vasko Gligorijevic if he is still alive.

FIND HIM.!!!

DO YOUR WORK!!!

http://modern-macedonian-history.blogspot.com/2009/07/why-amnesty-international-and-human.html

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Niklianos
(Login Nikilianos)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Re: The conspicuous absence of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch on Vasko Case.

No score for this post
August 2 2009, 11:59 PM 

WOW, AGAIN? They are going completely overboard now! I hope Vasko is ok and will be released again.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

akritas
(Login akritas2)
Greece Forum Mods Group

Re: The conspicuous absence of Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch on Vasko Case.

No score for this post
August 6 2009, 2:15 PM 

Epicurus
(Login panos01)

No score for this post
August 6 2009, 4:19 PM 

Are we really suppose to take this blog owners word?
I am not saying they are wrong, but in the lack of sources - they have no credibility.
The default assumption is false, unless corroborated true by evidence.

Some points:
* The youtube video contains some bad pictures, some inserted text and some assertions in the title - but none of this proves anyone was tortured for supporting anything.

* I cannot find mainstream coverage on this, perhaps someone could point me to a credible news-agency who have picked up this story.

* Who broke the story?

* If this story was broken by the owner of that email address, we need to ask them to let themselves be known so we can ascertain the validity of their comments.

* If it turns out that there is truth to this, then the democratic situation in NovaMacedonia is worse than I thought.
As a signatory of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, this is not ok.

But to reiterate, to believe this to be true without evidence is to suffer from confirmation bias. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, this 'article' falls short I'm afraid.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement