<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tomorrow is OXI day!

October 27 2011 at 5:50 PM
Score 5.0 (1 person)
Korean  (Login shop2146)

Hello. I'm S.Korean highschool student who love Greece.

I heard tomorrow is 'OXI day' which is Greek national holiday.

I'm really respect Greek people's independency, belligernece, anti-imperialism and etc.

Greek soldiers bravery is well known. even Hitler says, 'Treat Greeks politely. after agreement of truce, return them(Greek soldiers) home. they are descendant of ancient hoplites and sacred band.'
When I saw this saying, I got deep impression.

and Metaxas and Papagos was the right leader in that time. in Korean history, when enemy (for example, Mongols.) invade, King and noble ran away to island...

because of this shameful history, I envy your historical leaders like Metaxas and Papagos.

Anyway, congratulation! have a nice holiday. I hope Greek financial crisis will get better soon. cheer up! Greeks still have future. don't be pessimistic!

P.S. We S.Koreans cannot forget Greek's help during Korean war. but.. most S.Koreans know about Turkish army better. (even some of them says Turks is our brother! that is nonsense.) that made me very sad. how do you think about S.Korea?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login blueandwhitepride)

Re: Tomorrow is OXI day!

No score for this post
May 20 2012, 7:39 AM 

What a beautiful thing to write about the Greek people. I got emotional reading it and I thank you. I come from a very small village in Greece (around 200 people) who had 3 soldiers sent tot the Korean war and fortunately all returned safe. I love the Korean people. We are in fact very similar, very patriotic and have the same values. We also feel about the Turks the way you feel about the Japanese! Kumapsimnida!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on PoliticsCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement