<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What a game at Brewer...........

April 15 2012 at 10:35 AM
Rising Heat  (no login)

It might have been at Brewer but the game between Big Daddy's and Storm was a game to watch... It lasted an hour and a half when hard hits from both...

I dont like either team but I enjoyed watching this game...Good job T-Bird getting these top teams in Brewer.

Nighthawks, HOS, Storm, Vengence, Big Daddy's and Rampage from Memphis

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(no login)

Re: What a game at Brewer...........

April 15 2012, 12:08 PM 

Big Daddys will be a very tough outing each time they play. Will be a team to beat by the end of year IMO. Storm is very very good and the 2 black guys they picked up were difference makers for sure. Are they with y'all for the rest of year ? Top team in State at the moment IMO. Nighthawks was up and down, but hit it very well yesterday. I'm curious to see what they do with zero home runs. Vengeance had a soso weekend but Kurts guys are very solid. You better be prepard for a battle when you play them. Express didn't have that good of a weekend, but maybe they were due for a bad one. Still very good team. Rampage played very good yesterday and they play real good defense and hit it well. Overall a really strong tournament.

(no login)

April 15 2012, 12:12 PM 

Express wasn't there yesterday. They were half pickups half express.

(no login)

April 15 2012, 12:23 PM 

it was a good touney, too bad it was played at brewer!! .. i really think this could be a decent playing surface with a little know how. no offense to T-bird, it seems like he does put effort into making the feilds the best he knows how, but the infeild is a rock solid mine field and the batters box is like standing in two buckets trying to hit (brushing loose dirt in the holes does not fix the problem), third base isn't even tied down. it would not take much to fix this and make the tourney more enjoyable for everyone. does anyone with some turf management knowledge have any suggestions to improve the brewer surface?

(no login)

April 15 2012, 1:10 PM 

Express was missing most of their main starters.. Just guys there looking for some cuts!

(no login)

April 15 2012, 1:13 PM 

Yeah tear down the fences build a big pond and throw fish in it it would be a lot more enjoyable and not near as many folks would get hurt

Tubby MS Storm
(no login)

April 15 2012, 1:26 PM 

I have a few suggestions if you really want them. I will tell you what we (my company) did to Starkville High Schools softball field this winter. This only took us about a week but we had all the resources we needed at our shop or a phone call away. First we added 6 inches of dirt to the entire infield and spread it across the infield as evenly as possible. Then we tilled all the dirt up with a tractor while a tractor with a landscape rake following behind it. That was to rake up excess dirt and smooth out high/low spots. We had to do this several times to get it the way we wanted it. Once we finished that and the dirt was even, we got a hwy roller (rented it) and rolled it several times until the dirt was packed in very well. This also took several rounds to get it right. Once this was right we took a nail/spike drag to bust up the dirt some and turn it back over. Once it was busted up we took a regular mat drag to smooth out the playin surface. We nail drug and mat drug several times to to make sure it was playable. After you do all this, you will be able to see any high/low spots (if any) and if there is you can just push the high spots to the low spots then drag again for a level playing field. You will want to nail drag no less than 2 times a week and same for may drag since these fields typically are only used on the weekends. You could put it a day or two more on tourney weeks. You can do the research to find out what kind of dirt you would like to use but my suggestion is to use crushed brick but it will probably be the most expensive dirt. That is my suggestion on this since you asked for someone with experience. This all may take some time but if anyone is willing to put the time and money in, it will vastly improve these fields,

(no login)

April 15 2012, 5:12 PM 

Good info tubby!!! Surely t- bird knows some people to get this done. It would draw a lot more teams to the park!! B/c It is not a safe place to play right now!!!

(no login)

April 15 2012, 5:36 PM 

Thanks for making this thread hawks

BD23
(no login)

April 15 2012, 5:53 PM 

I probably wasn't even up when this post was started, but you're welcome anyways lol... Didn't crawl in bed till after 2. But I'm sure you didn't either since you played for the team who put us out, right??? lol. Unlike you, I'm not afraid to leave my name and I do not post on here as guest. By the way, I don't get into the moral win thingy. Thanks & May God Bless you buddy.

Your friend that you are talking about
(no login)

April 15 2012, 5:55 PM 

Wouldnt me that said that about you Hawkes....

Vdoe ms storm 99
(no login)

April 15 2012, 6:09 PM 

Hawks that was a great game we played against yal. Hope we can do it again sometime. Yal played hard and we enjoyed the battle. C ya at the park soon. P.s. you guys gonna have to get davy some riddling .Lmao I think I spelled that right just kidding davy it was fun and always great to play against guys who compete as hard as they can.

BD23
(no login)

April 15 2012, 6:16 PM 

It was such a good game that I started a thread about it lol ***(asterisks mean sarcasm) yes You're right about dirty Dave though, he needs riddlin lol. Anywho Good luck in GA this weekend.

Rook14
(no login)

April 15 2012, 6:36 PM 

It's ritalin lol I should know I took it for years lol

(no login)

April 15 2012, 7:35 PM 

Why did you stop?

Current Topic - What a game at Brewer...........  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  

All threads will move to the top as they are trafficked, keeping everyone aware of what’s new

Moral Expectations on this Forum
No insults/attacks on anyone under 18 years of age in any fashion
All posts will be respectful of a person’s Race/Religion/Gender/Disability
Posts may address a grievance, but must be done in a respectful fashion

Posting Photos
Photos must be posted through sites like Photobucket.Com - it is very easy
Please be respectful and use your best judgement

Listing USED Equipment
Please use the Classified section to list any USED EQUIPMENT of any kind
NO NEW EQUIPMENT or UNIFORMS will be posted for sale without express written permission from Buzini

Posting Tournaments
Please post facts only. We are working on a template for all to use.To review/debate a
tournament, simply start a new thread in the Forum
No tournament will be posted the same weekend of a State Event.

Advertising
No advertisement may be posted without express written permission from Buzini
Rates are $300 every 6 months or $500 one time annual fee
To inquire, send an email to: info@buzinisports.com

Hit Counter
Buzini Board Hits Since 8-6-2012 @ 5pm CST