1 Reason and rational thought. Reason and rational thought are the basis of logical decision making and essential to address the issues faced by humanity.
2 Compassion. Human compassion and empathy are the basis of a cooperative social structure that benefits all people.
3 Purpose. This life is the only life we know and we will have and it is up to each of us to utilise it meaningfully.
4. Empiricism. Our ethics and values are evidence-based. We rely on what we can sense and measure in the natural world. We make our conclusions based on the best evidence, and change our conclusions accordingly as new evidence becomes known.
5. Science. Science is the best tool we have for seeking truth and understanding our world.
6. Knowledge. We value knowledge and hold the endeavor to increase it as best we can in order to pursue the truths about our world to be one of the noblest efforts one can make; and any and all efforts to stifle or denigrate knowledge and learning to be immoral.
7. Progress. We believe in modernity and progress and the ability of humankind to develop a better world based on reason.
8. Freedom. We hold that all people have the inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and that all people are entitled to freedom of conscience. We support the values outlined in the International Convention of Human Rights as inalienable human rights.
9. Ethics. We believe that ethics and morality evolve over time as we better understand our world and the consequences we cause in it.
10. Responsibility. We are responsible for humane interaction with other people, other animals and for the preservation of our habitable planet.
So now you can stop your ignorant lies Nucc, This answers the meanig and purpose that you are ignorant that atheists have.
Yours are based only on your ignorance.
You dont like ours? Dont say they arent there.
Dont like our answers? Dont say they werent given. That is lying, something your god taught you. Along with murder, cheating, hating, ignorance. you know its true.