Return to Index  

The sky is falling!

July 12 2000 at 12:10 PM
wubb 
from IP address 162.70.132.233

Response to Possible QB Controversy In Washington

Ha, if this is the biggest problem the Skins have going into the season things look great. George is an excellent NFL QB (so is Johnson). Johnson will be the starter going into the season (I'd be shocked if that changed) but if he does falter there will definitely be a loud clamoring from the fans to put George under center. It all depends on what kind of start the Skins have. If we are 2-0 after week 2, no worries, but if we are 1-1 there will be some serious consideration of George, if we are 0-2, I'd bet on seeing George for week 3. Of course if the offense is scoring 30+ points a game and we're losing because the defense is giving up 35+ this might not hold.

Having a proven starter for your backup QB is not a bad thing. Johnson has had a history of going down to injury, last season might have been his first full one since becoming a starter (I think it was, but not sure). If BJ gets hurt we still are looking good. The competition should motivate Johnson to play even better this season, and he played very well last year.

Basically Snyder spent some big $$ to have a very good football team. If the Skins aren't at or very near the top of the NFC all season there is gonna be serious fireworks. Anything less than making the NFC championship game this year is probably going to be very unsastifactory to Snyder. As a fan, I can't imagine the Skins not making the playoffs, so that'll make a fun season to watch. And if they underachieve, there'll be plenty of drama to read about in the papers.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. They Better Sign Stephen Davis Soon - Ryan on Jul 12, 2000
Find more forums on TeensCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement