UCCG Carvingpost Forum

Map of Chainsaw Artists
(Courtesy of Butch Elrod)

Carvers Signature Database
(Courtesy of Butch Elrod)

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

CCSG still going?

December 17 2014 at 1:18 PM
Rickey Noel Mitchell  (Login CarvingatTokulWood)

Hello every one I was curious if the CCSG was still going. I tried joining on but when I submitted ,it wouldn't open.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

shallow breathing

December 18 2014, 6:51 AM 

hey Ricky, I think that it is still alive, it is just waiting for some participation from a variety of carvers from different backgrounds, I for one love would to attend a meeting?!

We here at the institute of sensitive chainsaws carver are unsure of what the high priests of the "cascade chainsaw sculptors guild" are doing but it is my thought that burnout has once again ruled the roost, jerry is president, sectary, treasurer, and board members, thor is vice president.

I am glad you asked the question Ricky, I have been wondering myself about the continuing health of the cccg.

So jerry would you consider having a meeting anytime soon?

If you would be the leader you can be , there is one event that is open to all chainsaw carvers and has been a place that has had guild meetings before, jerry it would be a great thing, this is the burning bear project in ocean city.

If you cannot, or will not it would then be up to thor?

If thor don't want to, or cannot who would it be up to then?

Elections are certainly something to be considered!

I have been officially resigned from both guilds since November of 2011, but am ready to do something at this point, I would love to see the guild find its new path to the future, all the fighting about competitions and family conspiracy's has all boiled away {mostly}and the newsletter can be revived.

jerry h give me a call 360-579-3574...............lets do this...................

and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login J.H.H.)
Moderators

Burning Bear

December 23 2014, 12:47 PM 

So when is this Burning bear, I will announce a meeting be held there and will attend myself. It will probably be an election meeting if I have my way. Jerry

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

you can have your way

December 31 2014, 9:51 AM 

you accepting nominations?

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login J.H.H.)
Moderators

nominations

December 31 2014, 10:50 AM 

Nominate away my friend,,,,Jerry

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

to start with

January 1 2015, 7:59 AM 

are all the officer's listed still active and would they be willing to continue?

If not which positions are up for the nomination's?

As I remember it, these are highly unpaid positions manned by volunteers, so once you announce which positions need to be filled, would they need to attend the burning bear meeting to be voted in and begin the new year with a forward pass!

Good on ya Jerry, thanks for moving us forward............

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login J.H.H.)
Moderators

Officers

January 2 2015, 12:45 PM 

Ok, as of now I am the President, I am the treasurer, I am the Secretary,(which is illegal according to bylaws.) I am also moderator to this website as well as moderator to the facebook site. I am also the Store that sells or sends out store supply to those who purchase items. I am in charge of making sure that the CCSG files an annual report to the Secretary of state and keeps our non profit status in order ($10). I think that Thor is still Vice President. The last time I had contact with Jack and Amy they told me that they would stay board members, that's when I became the secretary too. Other than that I would say that the positions open right this minute are 1. Secretary 2. President 3. Treasurer 4. board members, including SGT at arms which is held right now by Amy.

As treasurer I am worried about two things 1.Paying for this website and 2. getting a newsletter out with no income coming in. I am still paying my dues...but 20 bucks won't get you a newsletter.

Number 2. is most pressing because I have not received any dues for over a year now other than what I collected at a couple of shows I attended.

see ya at Burning Bear,,,Jerry

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SculptureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement