Map of Chainsaw Artists
(Courtesy of Butch Elrod)

Carvers Signature Database
(Courtesy of Butch Elrod)

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

new guys and gals meeting

February 27 2015 at 10:20 AM

steve backus  (Login flashbackus)

we will be getting together on the administrative board, we will be working toward opening things up, we will be working on getting the newsletter out, and if you all are patient with us we will do just fine, any volunteers to join the board? be best if you can attend meetings in person so geography is important, western Washington for the most part would put you in spitting distance.

Thanks ............

Steve Backus...................
and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

whoa

April 27 2015, 11:16 AM 

stop with all the inquiries.

The sequim meeting will be from 9-10 am on may 9th.

1. elections will be at hand.

2. peter wiant will be there to reassure us on the newsletter.

3. discussion on how to provide content for same

4. get all officers and directors on same page{ administration forum}

5. conclude meeting and get to work

This should be a fun endeavor and a positive view to the future, I applaud all involved!

Any carver is welcome, show up by 9 am Friday morning and play nice...............

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login J.H.H.)
Moderators

State registration

May 5 2015, 9:56 AM 

I already filed for this yr. with the state so that Jan won't have that on her shoulders right off the bat. Will turn everything over at Sequim....cant wait ,,see ya there....Jerry

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

thank you jerry!

May 5 2015, 8:19 PM 

Looking forward to the gathering of a bunch of good fun carverfolks,as many are aware of the cascade chainsaw guild has been an ongoing process.

lets see where it go's in the next round?

It would be fair to say when the history is written that the cascade guild has played no small part in the development of a certain sort of foundation that a lot of contests and events are built on, more then a few for sure.

Each and every person that has held the sweaty title of guild president has came to the task with the understanding that it could be a pain in the buttocks, each person had their agenda, I will figure mine out as I go along as usual.

We really are not big joiners, tomas vrba came by yesterday and I gave him the old collage try on joining and he said that growing up in Slovakia in eastern Europe on the tail end of the communist era gave him a bad taste in his mouth about joining organizations, I reassured him that we were not very organized!

I think he bought it, so lets sign him up soon.

But we did have a discussion about what good it is, would it help any carver these days, whats the point?

Almost had me rethinking my involvement, but then I started spouting off all the great things that could come our way by trying new things that can help carvers,lots of ideas so lets sift them out until we can get to the few we can do something about, keeping the newletter going forward is a good start.

stay tuned.................

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SculptureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement