[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jerry
(Login J.H.H.)
Moderators

Sequim

May 11 2015, 8:21 AM 

First off I want to thank Steve for putting on a great show...the Sequim log show is a great venue....
Next I want to thank all that have stuck with the guild or at least hung around to see where we were going....As outgoing President I will continue to give any or all of my support to the CCSG as I think our art work still needs a lot of promoting. I will be on the road from now on as my wife is retiring and we will go on a life long vacation...Now I will see if I can figure out how to post a pic or two...Jerry

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

thanks guys

May 14 2015, 7:11 AM 

A good time was had by all in sunny sequim, I am in agreement with Jerry about chainsaw carving needing a lot more promotion to the general public.

It is my thought that the main purpose of the cascade guild was to spread the word, in the early days it was the contests and competitions that were the driving force behind the energy that moved things forward, that aspect has run its course as far as I can deduce, the guild can continue on as a judging reservoir and by having the ability to provide rules and guidelines that have been thought out and streamlined over a twenty five year period.

We cannot force anyone to do anything, nor should we, but we can remain consistent and provide stability if what we do is built correctly.

As we move forward with an eye to the future it will be interesting to see what develops on the path to educating the public to our artform.

The newsletter is the lifeblood of the guild, we will be working to restart that engine, content just as in the past will be required, so think story's to be featured , we can only print what we get!

For those of you who have remained true and loyal a gracious thank you and a promise to do our level best.

It was great seeing the folks volunteer to fill officers and board members positions, as artists we are often very individualistic, temperamental, and downright feisty, all traits I admire.

We are a group of professionals who have to work together, we don't have to like each other, but it is nicer!

It is my thought it will take us until October to get a sense of direction,with the newsletter coming out as soon as possible.

I suppose we need to post the minutes of the meeting on here soon so the conspiracy folks can relax.

Thats all for now thanks again Jerry for keeping the flag in air I hope you and donna have a great journey , come back once in a while.

and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SculptureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement