<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

gossip

March 18 2017 at 8:24 AM
steve backus  (Login carveorstarve)

Welcome to the Carvingpost Forum

An internet community dedicated to the art of chainsaw carving & friends

<< Previous Topic << Back

Gossip
March 18 2017 at 10:30 AM steve backus (Login carveorstarve)

Bet that made you look!?

Even you teary eyed folks that don't like this stuff but looked anyway!

Hope all is well in Ridgway and that many carvers are meeting each other to form bonds that will span the decades, many of these relationships will be strong for some, ok for others, and a few will become antagonistic.

As the title of my post indicates this could be of the antagonistic Varity.

A couple years back a portly promoter from the Pittsburg area started a post with that title at the top, thus allowing me a wonderful opportunity the have a well balanced discussion about the many ways in which I have somehow mislead him and a few other chainsaw carvers.

Last year as I attended Ridgway I was overwhelmed with the hospitality and generosity extended to my wonderful wife princess Nono and myself for our trip to Germany, it was very cool and helped us tremendously, thanks for that.

Along the way many carvers asked me what the beef was with the portly promoter? I replied over and over that I was unsure of my offense and indicated they should ask the portly promoter.

Now they will have this opportunity.

He is giving his boss a ride to the airport so will be in town this weekend {or so I hear}

Last weekend the portly promoter was in Ridgway as well which surprises me because of the way he has treated the wonderful and generous people that make the fine event known worldwide as "RIDGWAY" happen, no small feat I assure you.

Because the portly promoter is a bully in the grade school sort of way it makes it hard for the more mild sort of carver to have a conversation about topics that differ from the portly promoters opinion {careful he might step on your neck if you are smaller} so for the more mild folks when he starts a conversation with how someone has screwed him and they are terrible people {like me} just walk away, if unable to leave at lest don't agree with him because you are weak, ask some questions, be genuinely curious and somewhat entertained.

The portly promoter is coming to Ridgway to see his friends and maybe some offspring, so he will be in town "Not" contributing to the show, a show he had been welcomed into many many moons ago, a show that changed his life for the better, a show that helped him grow, a show that pointed him to being a portly promoter that puts on and runs a show of his own {I seen the billboards} a show that changed the chainsaw carving world to no end.

So if he starts his jowls a quivering just excuse yourself and go thank Liz and company for the wonderful opportunity's they provide.

Its been a tough week for us, I don't put this here lightly it is only my distaste for bully's that motivates me.

Remember to be nice and
Carve or Starve

Respond to this message

<< Previous Topic << Back

This forum brought to you by the United Chainsaw Carvers Guild

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on SculptureCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement