The safest, easiest, best way to HPA? Get PowerMax'd
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

got my hipac LOVING IT except

July 6 2013 at 1:02 AM
  (Login williamscott1962)

hi everyone,
just received my hipac today and i really love it(thankyou Alex). i ordered 1 for my 2240 with an extension. immediately screwed the ext. into the hipac and then into my 2240 with my 14in. .177 barrel filled to 1500psi, fired up the chrony and was very happy with the 730's i was getting for 10 shots. so then i filled to 1800 and was even happier with the 760's i was getting. so decided to try my 10in. .22 barrel, unscrewed the ext. put the 10in..22 on screwed it back in but could not get it to take air. its leaking where the lower half of the hipac screws into the top half at the threads. tried everything, cleaned the threads then tried plumbers tape then tried silicone grease. cant get it to seal, then noticed there's a little black oring, carefully inspected it, it looks perfect. anyone have a quick fix or do i need an oring(and if so what size are they and where can i order them from).

will appreciate any help any of you hipacers can give me

william

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Rodents' Rapture
(Premier Login RodentRapture)
Forum Owner

If it's leaking it's not tight enough or damaged o-ring.

July 6 2013, 1:10 PM 

Tape doesn't seal o-ring gaps. Silicone the inside rim of the fill-nipple section where it contacts onto the o-ring. The o-ring is a standard -016

www.PowerMax-HiPAC.com

Respond to this message   

(Login retodded)

Are you sure that's where the leak is?

July 6 2013, 10:51 PM 

I used a little pellgun oil on my O-ring when i put the extention on, mine wont take air from zero pressure unless it's cocked first. If you do need to tighten it more, a piece of leather to protect the outside if you use tools to tighten, or a length of surgical tubing to help hand tighten. A strap wrench might work, but i've never tried one. I hope you already got it up and running.

steve

Respond to this message   

(Login williamscott1962)

up &running again,thanks Alex&Steve.

July 7 2013, 11:01 PM 

just an oring, cant see anything wrong with the old one, but its working again so i dont care!
like i said before love this thing, cant believe i didnt get one sooner, if i get another crosman 2240 or 50 i will not hesitate to get another hipac.

William.

Respond to this message   

Rodents' Rapture
(Premier Login RodentRapture)
Forum Owner

Great to hear that you're back up and shootin'. nt

July 8 2013, 10:47 AM 

www.PowerMax-HiPAC.com

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - got my hipac LOVING IT except
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum