<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

El Scorcho

June 27 2012 at 2:40 PM
Sheri Rasnake 

Hello,
I am planning to be at El Scorcho to support the runners and was checking to see if there will be a group from RAW to show support. If yes, please let me know as I would like to meet up with you at El Scorcho to hang, help when needed, and cheer!

Thanks so much! Sheri

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Thomas Y. Okazaki

Thank You For Volunteering!

June 27 2012, 6:24 PM 

Yes there will be an "unofficial" RAW Aid Station again this year at the El Scorcho 50K/25K,http://elscorchorun.com/ on July 15th at Trinity Park in Fort Worth, TX. More details to follow soon! happy.gif

Best regards,

T.O.

Respond to this message   

Thomas Y. Okazaki

RAW Tent / Unofficial Aid Station @ El Scorcho Sin Lun6

July 10 2012, 10:43 AM 

I am volunteering again to bring the RAW tent, club banner, jam box, table and several barrels for ice water and cold sponges to the race site. We will try and set up in the same location as in previous years, next to the North Texas Trail Runners, near the starting line, around 9 p.m. or before they start closing the park to outside traffic for the race.

Please plan on bringing your own portable outdoor chairs, coolers, sports drinks, sleeping blankets, bug spray, lights, etc.

We can use some help with snacks and refreshments so please consider bringing something to share. Special thanks to RAW Member, Miss Sheri Rasnake for volunteering to provide some cold watermelon and also to Mr. Joe Luccioni, Miss Stacy Marchiori and Miss Pamela Kent for their offers to help out.

Even if your not planning on running, everyone is still welcomed to come on out, visit, have fun and cheer your fellow RAW members on!

Pancake breakfast after the race, just down the road happy.gif

Best regards,

T.O.

"There is no possession more valuable than a good and faithful friend!"

Respond to this message   
The Liles - BIG and Mr. BIG

The Liles will be there!!

July 12 2012, 1:50 PM 

Brad and Michelle are continuing with our "Almost every year" tradition to run this crazy race - we realize that some folks decided to discontinue the craziness; but, as I found out from a race sign, "Any idiot can run a marathon - it takes a Special Kind of Idiot to run El Scorcho". Although it is going to be hot - we have enjoyed the camaraderie we have shared with the other hyped up runners, and the race support - especially our own RAW race support friends.

By the way, I think it is craziness getting up out of bed at 3am to meet at 4 or 5am to do a long run/walk at RAW - no fans, no hype; so we are all a little crazy in our own way! happy.gif

We hope to see you there!!

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement