Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Katanas...
    • JoeC
      Posted Oct 31, 2005 10:26 PM

www.cycleforums.com is a great forum for motorcycling in general. Lots of people on there and they have sub forums for specific makes of bikes. Fresh fluids all around make a good difference. Especially the fork fluid if they haven't been serviced lately. Some guys run pod filters on their carbs or a higher flow filter though I think the power increase would be negligible. Most modern sport bikes take to a 520 conversion for the chain/sprocket. A good set of tires will make a good difference too. Dunlop 208s are popular. Fairly high performance and wear well. I'm partial to Pirelli Diablos. Great performance and fairly good wear. A tune up probably wouldn't hurt. I believe it's DOHC and I don't know if the valves need to be serviced regularly or not. Watch your tire pressures and make sure the tires warm up properly before trying anything aggressive. Other than that just ride the heck out of it!
    Your Name
    Your Email
    (Optional)
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options Enable formatted text (Huh?)
    Also send responses to my email address

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.