Return to Index  

Vents just want have fun

August 9 2010 at 11:16 PM
Bobbi 

I started when I was 11 using a friends Jerry Mahoney Doll. My dad was thrilled by my natural ability and got me my own. He took me to the Veterens hospital by weekly to visit patients. That's how I fine tuned my art. Now that I'm 52 I find i get no respect. My technique is similair to Jays in that I don't move my lips except I DON'T sing in my act. But (1) I'm female and (2) I am required to compete with stand up comics. I get no leeway for being extremely talented in the art. At a night club if the sound system is off no one even fixes my mike, they're not in tune to the fact I have no free hands to adjust the stand. I'm doing a big show (important one) with a lot of adlibing but fear the forces will be against me. What's your advise on just making the experience fun and not worrying about twenty million things (not in an O.C.D. way). I loved it when I was younger and had no fear but I hate bombing just because a mike is too 'fuzzy'- I'm ready to seal my dummies Suitcase unless.....
Thanks Bobbi

Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 Re: Vents just want have funJay JohnsonAug 10, 2010, 5:37 AM
 Re: Vents just want have funMatt BronsilAug 10, 2010, 7:25 AM
 Thanks JayBobbiAug 10, 2010, 4:39 PM
  Re: Thanks JayJay JohnsonAug 11, 2010, 12:19 PM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
JAY'S BLOG
THE TWO AND ONLY
AXTELL EXPRESSIONS PUPPETS & MAGIC