<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Knowing your stuff

August 10 2010 at 5:31 AM

Hi! Jay! Thanks for being with us. I am still feeling my material out. Some of the shows I have done lately the adults will be laughing and the teens and younger kids will look at me as if though I said take out your text books. Adults are the people that I am targeting, but I don't want to leave the kids out either, all together. How can I pull that off? Thanks and take it easy! D.C.

AuthorReply
Jay Johnson

Re: Knowing your stuff

August 10 2010, 7:22 AM 

My son, who is closer to teenage than me, suggested you just use the same material wirh dirty words to reach the younger audience.Nothing is funny to everyone. You will connect and lose audience attention as you go. The main thing is try to play the odds. Did most of the audience laugh, most of the time?
My Theatre show is recommended for kids over 12.Not because it is objectionable but because it is a story that comes from an adult point of view. The kids get what they get but don't always follow. Do the material that is true to yourself and let the audience find you.

Current Topic - Knowing your stuff
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
JAY'S BLOG
THE TWO AND ONLY
AXTELL EXPRESSIONS PUPPETS & MAGIC