<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

BSA Standard

June 25 2011 at 12:01 AM
Trevor  (Login fordy1)

Hi
I am interested in obtaining a BSA Standard in good working condion, at present I have not set a budget but am waiting to see what is available and at what asking price, can negotiate later. Does anyone have one of these available.
Thanks

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Trevor
(Login fordy1)

Bsa Improved model B

June 26 2011, 4:04 PM 

Just obtained one of these and need a rear sight unit if anyone can help please.

Respond to this message   
Steve
(Login Improved)

re BSA Improved Mod B

June 26 2011, 6:22 PM 

Hi Trevor.

Which part of the rear sight do you require if it's just the Adjuster wheel and the Blade you will get these from John Knibbs if you ring them up..I would not E mail them you get quicker service from a phone call.. You should want or need the small wheel and the rear sight blade with the cut out for the wheel on the bottom of the blade....If not I would look around for an original body ..this is the same as the Early BSA's and early mark's of the Lincoln...

Regard's

Steve..

Respond to this message   
Trevor
(Login fordy1)

re BSA Improved Mod B

June 26 2011, 11:34 PM 

Hi
Thanks for that, I take delivery of this gun mid week and have been told the rear sight blade and wheel are missing. I have a piston kit coming from Chambers for it, would also like to replace the spring if it is weak or distorted so will look out for one of those to as I would like to put into its proper working order.

Respond to this message   
Steve
(Login Improved)

re BSA Improved Mod B

June 28 2011, 6:25 AM 

Hi Trevor,

You will find that John Knibbs will have Springs for these as well ..I do now have a preference for John Knibbs Leather Washers over the one's from Chambers ..I find Knibbs one's are easier to fit...And they closely resemble the Original BSA Items..I always fit my washers dry..To a slight friction fit..Then add Neatsfoot oil down the Barrel to swell the Washer..

Regard's

Steve..

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login fordy1)

Re: re BSA Improved Mod B

June 29 2011, 6:52 PM 

Thanks for the info, I usually fit mine dry and rub some oil on then as I put the piston back into the cylinder than leave the gun on end with 2 or 3 drops of oil down the barrel. Have been using Chambers up to now as was not aware of John Knibbs until recently.
Trevor

Respond to this message   
chris
(Login bodie50)

standard

October 6 2012, 7:47 PM 

hi mate i have a standard t5532 needs work doing on it 60 quid cheers

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index