The Official World’s Armed Forces Forum Rules & Regulations
I. Purpose of the World’s Armed Forces Forum
The World’s Armed Forces Forum (often referred to as WAFF) is dedicated to...
- The study of the World's Armed Forces which includes their equipment, organization, history, etc. and all things military.
- Freedom of speech…as such we provide a remarkably free environment, devoid of political correctness for members to express themselves.
Membership in the World’s Armed Forces Forum is absolutely FREE
to all interested. Click HERE
for the steps that need to be taken to become a fellow member of WAFF and start participating in threads. In addition we strongly encourage you to join one of our national or regional groups as it allows you to participate in activities such as Petitions.
II. Description of the Forums
The World’s Armed Forces Forum provides several forums to discuss virtually any topic a member of World’s Armed Forces Forum could wish to, briefly the forums are arranged as follows...
- General Discussion Forum (The Den) – For topics on the arts, sports, religion, etc...basically any other topic not covered by the other two forums in this row.
- The World’s Armed Forces Forum (Main Forum) – For topics surrounding anything military.
- History, Politics & Economics Forum (HPE) – For topics surrounding any of these three area, not necessarily military related.
The next row contains our regional discussion forums...
- Greece & Turkey Forum (GT) – For any topic related to Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and the Aegean area.
- Europe, Middle-East & Africa Forum (EMEA) – For any topic related to these regions.
- Asia & Pacific Forum (APAC) – For any topic related to these regions.
The final row provides links to our Help forum, a quick link to instructions on how to join World’s Armed Forces Forum and a link to our extensive link page. Threads created in inappropriate forums may be locked and/or deleted (at the discretion of Management).
III. Privacy & Accountability
The management of World’s Armed Forces Forum takes very seriously the privacy of its members. Therefore it is strictly prohibited to share, display or use someone’s personal information without the consent of the concerned party. Personal information includes, but is not limited to: pictures, e-mail, IP addresses and any information that can lead to the location of our users. Disregarding these rules is a gross violation of the World’s Armed Forces Forum Rules and Regulations and will be dealt with by an instant ban and the possible notification of the authorities.
The Management of World's Armed Forces Forum website retains the right to delete/lock/edit/moderate any messages or threads deemed inappropriate. We strive to provide the public with our best moderation with limited human and financial resources. The Management can not be held responsible and liable in a court of law. Every member is legally responsible for the contents of his or her own messages.
IV. Participation, Etiquette & Rules
People of widely varying nationalities, ages and educational levels visit this forum. Therefore, participants should try to treat each other with dignity and respect. Passionate, heated debate is welcome. Failure to modify behavior will result in loss of posting privileges. Those who routinely challenge decisions made by The Management may be removed if deemed a nuisance. Constant and frivolous complainers can also lose posting privileges. We will do our best to maintain members and help problematic members retain membership without a permanent ban.
Section 1 – General Etiquette
Section 2 – Usernames and Accounts
- DO NOT ARGUE WITH THE MEMBERS OF MANAGEMENT WHEN THEY ARE ENFORCING THESE RULES. IF YOU ARE DISRESPECTFUL, RUDE AND/OR ABUSIVE TOWARD ANY MEMBER OF MANAGEMENT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INSTANT BAN. They simply try to enforce the rules listed on this page and maintain a civil and peaceful board for all of us to enjoy. If you disagree with an action of a member of management please post a complaint in the Help, Suggestions & Complaints Forum and it will be addressed shortly.
- Posters are reminded that moderators or administrators who par-take in any discussions do so at the expense of their managerial authority. This is to say that they surrender their moderating or administrative powers when they participate/debate in a particular thread and will be regarded as normal posters (unless the rule violation is obvious and egregious).
- Do not start more than 3 new threads per sub-forum, per day. In the regional sub-forums, no more than 2 of the 3 permitted threads per day may be related to nonmilitary topics.
- Starting threads regarding subjects which have already been discussed numerous times within any given month is discouraged but not against the rules. Moderators will use discretion regarding this matter. There is a "Search" function at the top of every sub-forum board and members are strongly encouraged to take advantage of it.
- Do not create threads or posts specifically intended to insult another user. Heated and passionate argument AS PART OF A LARGER DISCUSSION is encouraged…creating threads and posts for the sole purpose of insulting another World’s Armed Forces Forum member is violation of the rules.
- Insults directed toward relatives and loved ones of other members are strictly forbidden and will result in an instant warning and in some cases, an instant temporary ban.
- Do not repeatedly insult a religious leader, God or Supreme Being in your thread titles or signature. Thread titles should not be insulting toward religious figures and will not be tolerated. Repetitive posts from the same member insulting religious figures will reslt in warnings given. Also, do not use racial slurs. The more overt racial slurs will not be tolerated.
Section 3 – Post content and formatting
- Do not create user names that are highly offensive or could be construed as insulting.
- Do not open more than 1 (one) account. Accounts opened expressly to bypass an existing ban will cause the original ban term to be doubled. Multiple accounts created by problematic members will result in a IP block being initiated against the member.
Section 4 – Warnings and Bans
- When posting articles from other sources please provide the source for the material you are posting (hyperlinks are appreciated, but not necessary) source. Your thread title should match the content of the quoted material. If it is discovered that you intentionally have altered the article, you are subject to being warned.
- The World’s Armed Forces Forum is an English language discussion board; all messages must be in English or provide an accurate English translation in the post. Repeated attempts to ‘hide’ rule violations in posts in other than English may result in additional disciplinary measures.
- Do not embed auto-play (i.e. media that starts playing without the user selecting it to play) media in your posts.
- Do not post more than 100 hot-linked images or videos (with a screen size of 800x600 pixels or less) to the same thread without providing a warning in the thread title in CAPITAL LETTERS (i.e. Thread topic - WARNING LOTS OF PICTURES).
- Do not post images that are larger than 800x600 pixels. If your image is larger than 800x600 pixels, make it smaller (either resize it or use the height and width attributes for the HTML image tag) or post a link to it instead. Note that if you are creating a picture thread and you include a warning regarding large pictures (i.e. WARNING LARGE PICTURES) in the thread title you do not have to resize any images.
- Do not use too long, unbroken links as they force visitors to scroll horizontally in order to read the messages. Please use the ‘Preview’ button prior to posting to ensure that your hyperlink does not cause horizontal scrolling. Also consider using the HTML tag for hyper linking text to resolve any issues with long links.
- Please keep your signature within an 800 x 600 pixel box, this includes ALL images. We do note that text will expand to whatever width is available to it, however please attempt to keep your text to a minimum. Also please separate your signature from your posts somehow, we strongly suggest you use an HTML Horizontal line tag (and not a string of “_____” or “----“). We also ask that you attempt to keep the vertical dimension of your signature to a minimum.
- Also note that signatures may not be used to insult a religious figure as this would violate Article IV - Section 1-6.
- The following items are strictly forbidden from being posted anywhere on the World’s Armed Forces Forum...
- Web Scripts
- Hit Counters
- Trojans, Spyware and other type of malicious content
- Media showing dead bodies (links to such content accompanied by with warnings about it’s nature are acceptable)
- Media showing animal cruelty
- Pornographic or sexually explicit content
- Anything that violates the laws of the County of Los Angeles, State of California or the United States of America.
- Posters who violate the above rules will receive a warning. If the poster disagrees with the ruling of the Moderator, they are to open a complaint in the Help, Suggestions & Complaints Forum...DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ARGUE WITH THE MODERATOR OVER THE MATTER IN THAT THREAD, YOU WILL LIKELY RECEIVE A SECOND WARNING FOR VIOLATING ARTICLE IV - SECTION 2-1. The complaint will be reviewed by senior management (Administrators) and a final decision on the matter will be rendered.
- Posters who receive 3 warnings over the course of a warnings thread or 3 month period (which is located in the moderators forum, so it depends upon forum activity) will receive a TEMPORARY ban from their posting privileges; they are welcome to continue to read the forum during that time.
- Ban terms are based upon the number of bans a user gets over the course of a year (depending on forum activity) and are as follows...
- 1st Ban – 1, 3 or 5 days
- 2nd Ban – 10 days
- 3rd Ban – 15 days
- 4th Ban – 30 days + loss of read privileges (i.e. IP block)
- 5th Ban – duration and terms at the discretion of Management
- Problematic members who demonstrate a repeated and wanton disregard for the rules and the instructions of management to correct their behaviour may be moved in to the "Imbeciles" group until they demonstrate that they are indeed mature and responsible members of the World's Armed Forces Forum solely at the discretion of management.
- DO NOT EMAIL THE FORUM OWNER REGARDING BANS; THE ADMINISTRATORS HAVE THE FINAL SAY ON WARNINGS AND BANS.
A petition process has been created for members of the World’s Armed Forces Forum to request changes to the World’s Armed Forces Forum. Those wishing to lodge a petition should familiarize themselves with the processes and procedures for doing so below PRIOR TO LODGING THE PETITION
Section 1 – Petition Process and Procedures
Section 2 – Vote Requirement for Petitions to Succeed
- Anyone that has been a member of their current group for one month is allowed request a group general begin petitions.
- Petition threads MUST be titled "PETITION - Whatever...", (note the capital letters) and include a brief description of why they are bringing the petition forward and the change they would like and they must be posted in the Help, Suggestions & Complaints Forum.
- Should admin decide the petition is frivolous we will change 'PETITION' to 'DENIED' and lock the thread.
- Petitioners should SEARCH the Help, Suggestions & Complaints Forum to see if a matter has been petitioned for within the last 12 months (use the sort on date feature of search and search on "FAILED") prior to bringing forth any petition.
- The subject of all failed petitions will be considered dead for 12 months and additional petitions on the same matter brought before 12 months has elapsed will be denied immediately.
- Bringing the same petition forward repeatedly after it has been denied is grounds for warning.
- Continually bringing forward all manner of frivolous petitions is grounds for warning.
- Petitions remain active for 2 weeks + 1 day from the time of posting. This will be measured from the post time of the initial post in the thread.
- To have management enact a petition, it will require a certain number of positive votes as outlined in the table in Section 2 to be received within the two week period the petition is active.
- Full group members (i.e. members of a group for more than a month) should respond with "Agree" or “Agreed” and avoid lengthy speeches about their hamster providing them inspiration to bring forth the petition or vote a certain way.
- Responding with 'disagree' or anything else is not counted, there are no negative votes...you either agree or do not post. All other posts in a petition thread will be deleted without ever being approved...so save your time and don't bother.
- Note that this is a public ballot, meaning votes that meet the criteria (i.e. say 'agree') will be approved and available for anyone to see.
- At the end of the 2 week period, an Administrator will lock the thread and verify that all members who supported the initiative were indeed eligible to vote (i.e. a member of their group for one month).
- Should a petition fail, it will be renamed to "FAILED - Whatever" and locked.
- Should a petition pass, it will be renamed to "PASSED - Whatever" and the changes will be implemented within anywhere from a couple of minutes (for members being banished from groups) to a week or so (for changes to Articles). When the change is complete an Administrator will add a final post at the end of the thread detailing the changes.
VI. Legal Disclaimer
|Remove a member from a group
||Only members of the group in question are eligible to vote
|Create a new group
|Remove a moderator
||Note this also requires repeated evidence of a continued bias and/or misapplication of the rules|
|Section change at World’s Armed Forces Forum
|Article change at World’s Armed Forces Forum
|Remove an Administrator
||Same additional requirements as for Moderators|
||evidence of misapplication of rules required|
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.