<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Alhalel Elias

December 9 2010 at 9:39 AM
Alhalel Michal  (no login)
from IP address 84.229.104.26

I am looking for details about my late father Alhalel Elias,Who was after the war at the childrens home.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
matt bojanovich
(no login)

We are looking

December 14 2010, 1:21 PM 

Thanks for writing, Michal.

We are looking into our documents, and will pass to you anything we have. We are preparing now a listing of all Jewish victims in Kosovo, which will be published here soon, a list created from all sources available so far.

We hope that you, and other children and grandchildren of Kosovo Jews, will contribute a photograph or a scan of any data you may have, such as photographs, ID cards, letters, or old family stories passed to you by your parents and grandparents.

Of course, we are late, very late. We should have been doing this years ago, but better late than never.

Respond to this message   
matt bojanovich
(no login)

Your father

December 23 2010, 2:03 PM 

So in the documents about the Children Home we found mention of Elias Alhalel, born on July 18 1929 in Belgrade, who was an orphan, and survived hiding in villages.

Now you come in, and let us know what he told you about the war and about your grandparents, any details you have, photographs, documents. Let us know what area was he hiding in, who gave him refuge.

If your father is alive, wonderful, ask him.

If he passed away, he may have written some notes or letters about his life during the war, or about his parents.

Respond to this message   
Anat Alhalel
(Login AnatAlhalel)

Elijas Alhalel

December 25 2010, 11:02 AM 

Hello,

Our father, Elijas Alhalel, was born in Beograd in 1929. His parent’s names are: Marko & Ventura (nee Baruch). He also had a brother – Meshulam. His parents and his brother didn’t survive the Holocaust. Our father immigrated to Israel in 1951. He passed away in Israel in 1988. During his life our father told us almost nothing about his life before comming to Israel. We do not have any documentation.

A few days ago I found in your wonderful web site some lists in which my father is mentioned. I also found his photo, but the attached name is wrong. You can see my father in the second row, first on the right. This is defanatly my father Elijas Alhalel. Please correct this:

http://kosovoholocaust.org/page48/page47/page47.html

Can you guide us where else we can look for material (other archives in Serbia for example).

We will be very grateful if you will send us by email a good scan of these four lists:

http://kosovoholocaust.com/page48/page24/page41/page41.html

http://kosovoholocaust.com/page48/page24/page26/page26.html

http://kosovoholocaust.com/page48/page24/page25/page25.html

http://kosovoholocaust.org/page48/page29/page34/page34.html

Please let me know if any payment is required.

By the way, I’m working at The Ghetto Fighter’s House archive. The Ghetto Fighter’s House is a Holocaust museum in the north of Israel.

Thank you very much! We are very excited with these new findings, it means a lot to us!

Best regards,

Anat Alhalel-Bratman

Respond to this message   
Dusan Gavrilovic
(Login gavradus)

Re: Elijas Alhalel

December 30 2010, 3:31 AM 

Respond to this message   
matteo
(no login)

Glad to be of help

December 30 2010, 12:27 PM 

Of course we'll send you the best scan we have. No payment, thanks for the offer.

As we finish our work on Kosovo, we will be working on the rest of Serbia and on Yugoslavia in general.

We should be able to come to interview survivors in Israel soon.

Respond to this message   
Leonora
(Login Leonora1950)

My Grandmother was Flora Alhalel

July 3 2012, 9:28 AM 

I ran across this post accidentally today and I'm afraid to become too excited! I have been searching for information of my family for decades! My Grandmother was Flora Alhalel, born in Sarajevo in 1903. She was the only survivor of the war, or so she thought. She was adopted by a Christian family in Belgrade, Markovic.

My mother was born in 1925, but no records seem to exist of her birth.

I was born in Belgrade on May 23, 1950. In June 1951, my grandmother, mother and I, emigrated to Israel. We lived in a kibbutz in Haifa for a short while and then moved to Tel Aviv.

In 1955, my mother and I emigrated to Rio de Janeiro.

My mother died in 1963. I was too young to know what to ask at that time and frankly, she was very secretive and probably would not have told me much. My grandmother either didn't want to tell me or simply grew too old to remember much.

My grandmother had many brothers and sisters. One sister in particular, was named Rosie and evidently had a dozen or more children. 18 I believe.

An interesting note: My grandmother often spoke of our ship sinking in the harbor when arriving in Israel and losing all our belongings. To my knowledge, that happened in 1948? But I was born in 1950! Very frustrating. Dead ends everywhere I look.

I have no photos that are earlier than 1950.

Any information anyone might have or insight would be SO very appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Respond to this message   
Jelisaveta Časar
(no login)

Re: My Grandmother was Flora Alhalel

August 29 2012, 2:14 PM 

Sorry to answer you just now. I'll try to find out more about your family. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Jelisaveta

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement