Return to Index  

Trivium

June 1 2011 at 9:42 PM
Iceman  (no login)

Response to Listening

Jackie, Watched and listened intently. Enjoyed it so much I went and downloaded the printed version so I might garnish the most from it. I will read it until I am filled with all that was set forth.

And yes, our educational system is a huge failure. But it is only one of our social systems that sorely lack. I am a strong believer in home schooling, including university. But obviously that doesn't work in every case.

I could write tons on the reptilian mind. Many of our thought processes are controlled by it, and most people do not have the ability to recognize it. Since you seem to have a handle on the concept I shall not elaborate. However, it is a part of the mind we learn to recognize through Tao and Buddhism. Some masters learn to understand its functions and control it. Others learn to just shut it off. I feel education for the recognition and understanding of it's particular role in thought and behavior is essential. A world without wars and crime. Where the human endeavor becomes what the mystics and prophets dreamed of. Where intellect controls desire. A world of healthy caring people.

but it is a dream. All I can do is watch for my own dragon.

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement