Sports R4U - 2002 and younger.

[ Forum Rules. ] [ Requests For Moderation. ] [ Sports R4U - 2001 and Older. ]

Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • All of Chatham Minor Hockey
    • Anonymous (no login)
      Posted Apr 5, 2012 3:29 PM

First let me clarify that I do not have a child in the CMHA but I do have family and friends with children who play. I also grew up playing in the travel system.

I have been out to both travel and house league games this year and it still seems like the kids are having a great time playing the game they love, just like it was year's ago. The difference I've noticed now is the parents seem to be taking it WAY too seriously! I can't believe the amount of bitching on this site and any adult who puts a child's name or initials to bash them should be ashamed of themselves! Travel hockey is for the better kids and the whole goal is to win. If your child is not getting the same amount of ice time as another kid, there is a reason for that. If you want your child to have a regular shift, then put him in house league and let him be the superstar. That being said, I attended this past weekends house league Day of Champs and I see even the coaches here aren't playing the kids fairly. This is where parents should be saying something. One of the games I watched was the Atom finals between the White and Green team and the green team had a player who was by far the best from either team. This kid was double and tripled shifted! I can see throwing your best players on the ice for the last minute or so of a game, but this kid was on the ice all the time. The white team had one player that you could tell was the best on his team, and he got a regular shift just like everyone else on the team (even though he took longer shifts which just made him tired). How is it fair when one coach is playing all the kids evenly and the other is not? Then there was some people talking about the year end award for Best Goalie. From what I understand, there is 6 teams in atom but only 2 atom aged goalies and the other 4 also play at the peewee level. How does the league give a atom award to a peewee aged player??!! Then I come to find out that the goalies for the white and green team are the 2 atom aged goalies! These 2 kids play a great championship game and lead their teams to the finals with the white goalie making some saves I don't think a bantam aged kid could make....I just don't get how the league finds it fair to give that award to an older kid???

Bottom line is minor hockey is for the children, not the parents. Both parents and coaches need to realize what level their child is playing at or what level they're coaching at and act appropriately. Just don't bash the kids!

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options

Find more forums on HockeyCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement