Sports R4U - 2001 and Older.

[ Forum Rules. ] [ Requests For Moderation. ] [ Sports R4U - 2002 and Younger. ]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Under 16 OHF development camp

March 6 2012 at 10:00 AM
Anonymous  (no login)

When are we suppose to find out who's in??

AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Under 16 OHF development camp

March 6 2012, 11:00 AM 

March 12

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 1:32 PM 

They all get in! It's just a matter of how far you are willing to travel. This is a money maker for the organization. The under 17 OHF development camp is a different story however.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 1:36 PM 

If you bother to do the math, it is hardly a money maker. Between room and board, meals, apparel, ice time the fee is nominal.

Btw, not everyone gets in.

Facts are your friend.

96AAA Parent

P.S. My son went to Barrie last year and really, really enjoyed it.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 1:40 PM 

I gather all the AAA kids who apply get in, and then it's a draw for the AA/As. Heard it's a good weekend. And ya, at $425, that will cover only their costs with very little left over, especially the way these kids eat!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 1:43 PM 

You should get your facts straight 96AAA parent. All the AAA kids get in (who register) and then if there are any remaining spots the AA kids get a crack at it. Been there and done it before (had a number of AA kids that year).

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 1:45 PM 

too late to register?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 1:48 PM 

1:43 We had some AAA kids from my son's team last year not get in. Why? Because they want representation from all areas. Sometimes there are more kids than spots.

How about you do a little research 97 dad?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 1:54 PM 

Not sure how you can say it is not a money maker. At just 2 venues you get 240 kids at $425 a pop which gives you a total of $102 000. Do you really think that they actually spend all that cash? It is definitely a money maker.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:00 PM 

How much do you think it costs to put up that many kids for 2 nights? Let's say in a double room $75/night so there is $150. Food? Let's say $100 (2.5 days). Apparel? Let's say $100/player (underarmour shirt, shorts, game jersey and socks). So you're at $350 already and haven't taken care of coaches rooms, food, gas money never mind ice time.

Still a money maker?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:04 PM 

Did it last year. Best money I ever spent for hockey. The kid loved it. If you're lucky enough to get chosen, go for it.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:05 PM 

We did too. Agreed.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:06 PM 

2:00pm Absolutely still a money maker. You are soooooooo easy to get going. Get a life will ya mom.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:07 PM 

Agreed. There will be lots of know-nothings come on here and gripe about cost and it being a money maker. Glad I sent my son and he loved it.

P.S. The spring/summer leading into Minor Midget it seems like everyone sees a big dollar sign on your forehead. Dryland training, spring tournaments, skating, etc. Be careful, but this event I would do over in a heart beat!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:08 PM 

2:06 I'm a dad, and you're a typical N54 f_cktard! No facts, just a lot of hot air.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:10 PM 

2:06
Please enlighten us with what is not a money maker in Minor Midget?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:12 PM 

2:08 I'd say from your response that you have just identified how neanderthal you are. People like you shouldn't even have a computer. Get a job or get back to work.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:21 PM 

I have a job just like you killing time on here. Neanderthal? Big word, did it take you long to find it?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:25 PM 

Went last year "Oshawa" my kid thought it was great,real eye opener as to the rigour's of playing at the next level plus many scouts in attendance,good opportunity for many to get on the 'Radar' if there not already on it,I don't regret one nickle of what it cost me.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:26 PM 

My son went last year. Great experience. Roomed with a buddy on another team and had so much fun. It's not a money maker at all you bunch of self serving tighwads that spend $200 on a dinner for you and your ugly spouse.Your kid deserves it. And if he wasnt selected don't sweat it, it's not the end of the world. Under 17, is selection only so he may not be picked. Go when you can.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 2:50 PM 

My son went two years ago and it was a great experience for him. Several of the guys on his team are now playing in the O and a coule of them will make it to the NHL. A few of the other guys he has met up with again over the past couple of years at tournaments and he still chats with all of them regularly on FB. I highly recommend the experience. Not many are going to make it to the show, so why not give them as many great hockey memories as we can.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 3:31 PM 

Absolutely agree! I hope my kid gets to go.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 6:02 PM 

Everyone has to make a living why shouldn't it be a money maker.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 6:25 PM 

My Son has an invite and he is a AA player in the OMHA lakeshore.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 6:31 PM 

Ya, except as per the OHF website, they won't be sending out the "invites" until next week. Go away, loser.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 6:39 PM 

Great... now fuk off. Who Cares!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 8:54 PM 

You can't let the dream die yet. Keep on paying.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 6 2012, 9:46 PM 

Of all the money some of you parents are willing to spend on junior, you shouldn't think twice about sending your kid to this weekend. My kid went last year and had a great experience.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 7 2012, 8:35 AM 

Great experience. The boys room with a teammate on their own and spend the weekend playing hockey without their parents doting over them at all. New friends are made and they also learn from OHL coaches and players as well.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 8:05 AM 

Heard the selection process is tough this year lots of broken hearts.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 8:10 AM 

Folks
The selection process for the U16 is a draw, what can be so complicated about this. This camp unlike the U17 is not the top kids, it`s simply a draw from all the applicants. Don`t read more into it that what it is, this being said it is a great experience for those kids that will attend.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 8:21 AM 

How can it be a draw if it states "preference will be given to those playing AAA".

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 8:28 AM 

Have 2 boys, different ages.

Selection for boy 1 wasnt a problem. Went to Kitchener and loved it.

Boy 2 wasnt selected initially in random draw, but I put him on the waiting list. He was given an invite a week before, went to Kitchener and loved it.

Boy 1 also went to U17 ( less cost, but no overnight) locally and then to 2 nd camp overnight at Guelph. Boy 2 is waiting to hear if he has been selected for initial U17 camp.

All good value for the experience, but don't fool yourself that the selection for the U17 team hasnt already been determined.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 8:51 AM 

Response to 8:21

I stand corrected, it`s a draw where AAA players are given priority. My main point here is that other than playing AAA hockey, no other criteria`s are used to decide who attends the camp.Ìt is not the best, most skilled or most promising prospects. In short, if your boy gets an invite, enjoy its a great experience for him, it is however not an indication of his skill level compared to other AAA players, same applies for kids not invited, it is not an indication of your skill level but rather the `luck of the draw`

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 9:54 AM 

Well luck of the draw has yet to leave any good hockey player "undrawn". If you are a top 6F or top 4D on a good team you will get drawn.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 9:57 AM 

Fine, but the U16 application process does not require coaches to articulate that, unlike the U17 SELECTION process. BIG difference!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 10:25 AM 

I totally agree. U17 is real selection process vs inviting (drawing) good players.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 10:35 AM 

(9:54) you are wrong...add up how many spots at each camp. Now add up how many AAA teams in Ontario...Divide the number of spots by the number of AAA players...that gives you the number of players from each team...now some teams might get more than others but it a general idea...so a lot of kids do not make it...you just don't here them bragging they didn't make it, or they make up other excuses.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 10:35 AM 

U16 is indeed a random draw of applicants, not a true selection camp. unfortunate thing is aaa getting priority, lots of very good aa players out there and its supposed to be about development. if you get in, go and enjoy it. just have fun with it.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 10:37 AM 

for those who say its a money grab, isn't everything in minor hockey?? if you feel this way, don't go. simple is that!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 11:00 AM 

9:54 you are totallty wrong, not to say that politicslike always might not sometimes play a role in the selection (draw) process sometimes but nor predominent. You will find that many top players will not get invited, much as many did not get invited last year. Don't try to use this camp to boost little Johnnj's ergo has being selected has nothing to do with skill, other than being a AAA player. In fact from our team last year most players selected where from the bottom half with 3 of them now playing AA and even A. This being said the camp will be a great experience for him; for those that did not get an invite, there will be the under 17 camp next year where your skills will definately play a larger role in the selection process.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 12:37 PM 

My son is really hoping to get in

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 2:26 PM 

it is a total money grab for sure! However, good experience for the boys.........been there done that, some kids never go..........doesn't affect their OHL draft status at all.......most coaches are not even qualified to be on the bench.........it is a money generator for the OHL.......never use to have under-16 camp until about 3 years ago when they tried a 1 day seminar style......which they realized could generate over $ 100,000/camp x kitchener, vaughn, oshawa, northern, ottawa. Do the math!! Most kids like it, but didn't rave about it...........same old......couple of scrimmages, talk on dryland which they are all aware of by now, talk on nutrition which they are all aware of by now, coaches panel session, which parents are all aware of by now. Basically it was put in place because OHL was losing kids to NCAA.......so they needed to position themselves again........this is what this is all about......but parents get crazy thinking their kid has to be there to be seen...........just not true!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 2:30 PM 

Do the math, not a money grab......

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 2:32 PM 

If they make a few bucks so be it, a great weekend and worth the few bucks they may make.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 2:34 PM 

Only the best are selected after the OHL and OHF have spent a tireless year scouting Bantam aged players. Then after a week long debate session led by the OHL Commissioner himself the exhaustively scouted players are ranked and selected or rejected. In fact many believe this event will make the minor midget aged draft irrelevant since so much scouting has already been done for these camps. Might actually just move to a 15 year old draft instead.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 2:40 PM 

Funny...

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 2:43 PM 

2:34pm under 16 are for 15yr old, not bantam age, it is for the minor midget kids this year

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 3:42 PM 

2:34 go back to the bong

Anonymous
(no login)

March 8 2012, 4:36 PM 

I think he's trying to be funny.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 9 2012, 1:30 PM 

such stupid agruments with people feeling the need to justify their position. Whether a cash cow or not it is up to you ,the consumer, to decide whehter you want the product or not! People are allowed to make money by offering such a program. If it is a draw then deal with the results. I agree with comment stating why not have some fun, more experience and education about hockey and life. IF you would really rather spend your money on yourself or material goods, than your children then good for you. I would rather invest in my children. I hope my son goes but not shtting bricks about it. However, as someone with a lot of OHL contacts , enjoy the experience since this camp will not make or break your kid's MM season. If you believe different you are mistaken!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 9 2012, 4:17 PM 

if your son is above average you will find this is a total waste of money.
better camps later in the year.
spend your money on skating skills.

average or below and you have the money, enjoy!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 9 2012, 4:35 PM 

it is a great, camp my son attended and there were the top AAA players in the alliance there for sure and lots of scouts, with great coaches/

Anonymous
(no login)

March 9 2012, 5:33 PM 

top players from the alliance,
6 draft picks from scp
1 from windsor

Anonymous
(no login)

March 10 2012, 12:09 PM 

MONEY GRAB !!!
very good for weak players still dreaming

Anonymous
(no login)

March 10 2012, 12:22 PM 

Whatever

Anonymous
(no login)

March 10 2012, 12:45 PM 

no all the top players in north america are on ljk 97 gold at least that is what the scout said

Anonymous
(no login)

March 10 2012, 12:47 PM 

Ya...none...pretenders. All of them

Anonymous
(no login)

March 11 2012, 3:26 PM 

Got my email. I'm in

Anonymous
(no login)

March 11 2012, 4:09 PM 

Yes!!! Got mine too!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 11 2012, 6:05 PM 

Emails don't go out till tomorrow. Full of shit.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 11 2012, 9:08 PM 

No

Anonymous
(no login)

March 12 2012, 10:36 AM 

yes

Anonymous
(no login)

March 12 2012, 11:12 AM 

Ok ok...its March 12th..I checked my calendar 3 times...where's my kids acceptance email!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 12 2012, 11:14 AM 

They will start to filter out over the next few days

Anonymous
(no login)

March 12 2012, 11:19 AM 

Oh thank god....

Anonymous
(no login)

March 12 2012, 12:18 PM 

relax dad, it's about the kid not you.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 12 2012, 5:22 PM 

Took my son to Europe last year for hockey had a great time and spent allooooot moorrreee. This is cheap and good for the kid if he gets choosen.
It won't last much longer enjoy it while you can. Borrow if you need too,or stop going to TIM HORTONS and your money problems are resolved in a couple of months.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 12 2012, 6:29 PM 

it is a great camp and worth the $$ but don;t get your shorts in a bunch if your son is not selected. Its not a game changer.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 13 2012, 11:28 AM 

emails are out

Anonymous
(no login)

March 13 2012, 12:13 PM 

you get email regardless, stating in or not

Anonymous
(no login)

March 13 2012, 12:37 PM 

Relax people.

it clearly states on the registration email i recevied (after my on-line registration) that the notification emails will be sent out STARTING March 12-and will not be completed in one day.

Do not contact or fret UNLESS you have NOT heard anything by MARCH 26.

It will take many days to send out the emails. and when you get them means nothing.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 9:40 AM 

anyone hear yet?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 9:54 AM 

Nothin here

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 10:17 AM 

Scratch that. Email just came. We are in for Kitchener

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 10:36 AM 

In for Kitchener

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 10:43 AM 

Heard nothing here.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 10:44 AM 

Windsor here

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 10:53 AM 

In for Vaughan. Just got email.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 10:53 AM 

In for Oshawa, just received email.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 11:48 AM 

You sound like a bunch of school girls.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 11:55 AM 

What no e mail for you?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 11:57 AM 

Fuck forgive me for being pleased for my boy.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 11:58 AM 

You're forgiven, don't let it happen again though!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 12:01 PM 

I forgot what site we are on.
Will not happen again.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 12:15 PM 

Got mine .. sounds like good time for the kids. But no alcohol and drugs, what the hell ....lol

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 12:15 PM 

Show some humilty

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 2:48 PM 

still waiting

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 3:03 PM 

tick, tick, tick

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 3:45 PM 

got mine

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 5:00 PM 

Don't forget to book a room.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 6:04 PM 

Kid's in for Vaughan. Is it cuz we're italian?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 6:04 PM 

Kid's in for Vaughan. Is it cuz we're italian?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 6:39 PM 

Asked for vaughn Got ours in for shwa what do u mean book a room thought kids got accomadations

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 9:21 PM 

Kids in for Shwa staying at Durham College.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 10:35 PM 

Anbody got an invitation to Sudbury yet? We are waiting/hoping

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 11:04 PM 

We are stil waiting for Kitchener?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 14 2012, 11:25 PM 

I still use dial up so I'm still waiting.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 7:17 AM 

Don't kid yourself people you need to get in the under 16 program to get in the Hockey Canada door and get recognized by the OHL keep checking your email times ticking.........

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 7:23 AM 

Under 16 program attendees are invited on a draw basis, not individual skills-with priority selction given to AAA players. The camp is a great experience for those kids that are selected but has absolutely no impact on your kids exposure. No need to try and stroke your kids ego with his selection, total random basis. On the other side if your kid did not get choosen, no sweat, next year (minor midget)is when the exposure starts. Last year our team had 5 kids chosen for this camp and two of these kids did not even make the team this year.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 7:32 AM 

Sour puss

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 7:38 AM 

7:23 keep telling people that BS people keep checking your email and hope your kid is chosen

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 8:35 AM 

If you haven't heard anything yet, does it mean you are probably not going?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 8:43 AM 

If you haven't heard anything yet, does it mean you are probably not going?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 8:49 AM 

the OHF fills all the spots then waits to hear from the families if they can go and then moves on to the next group of players who are on the waiting list. So if you haven't recieved anything yet just relax. also, this camp is not for an U16 Ontario team it is just to show players what to expect so if you didn't get an invite not a big deal, there is alot of players who wont go and will still make the cut in the end. Families it doesnt mean that little Johnny is going to the NHL

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 9:07 AM 

If your a player you have a better chance, what if you are a goalie....not alot of spots available.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 10:11 AM 

Response to 7:38

Read and wheep
``The OHF/OHL Under-16 Program of Excellence has no bearing on registration or application for the Under-
17 Program of Excellence. If you participate in this program, you must still follow the necessary steps to
apply for the Under-17 Program of Excellence next year. The purpose of the Under-16 program is not to
stream/select players or identify talent and it is not designed to identify players for participation in the Under-17 program. Similarly, players will not be excluded from the Under-17 program solely based on the fact that they did not participate in the Under-16 program.`

Again, U-16 invites have no baring on skills, it`s a draw. My boy is actually a 96 and attended last year`s camp-great experience and well worth attending but watered down program due to varied skill level of participants. Actually three other boys on his team currently top 100 Central Scouting prospects did not get an invite last year. So if your kid got invited, great for him it will be a good experience,but this does not mean that he is better or even in the top half of his age group, just mean that his name was drawn. If your boy did not get invited, don`t sweat it out, its next year when the scouting begins.

Obviously`Parent`s reading and comprehension level`` was not a criteria used in selecting kids as your boy would certainly have been on the outside looking in.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 10:21 AM 

It is heartbreaking for those boys that did not make the draw, especially when all their friends are attending.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 10:24 AM 

Get used to it. Next year will be brutal. My son is currently a 96, rated a C and may/may not get drafted. He has had a good year, but scouting is very subjective in terms of projecting for the next level. Be prepared for disappointments, but hockey at the next level is all about overcoming obstacles and maintaining confidence.

Good luck and try to keep it low key as you and your son will get quite frustrated if you are not realistic. Just tell him to work hard, enjoy the game and whatever happens, happens.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 10:46 AM 

surprising, some rational posts here. kind of nice to see for a change, considering this forum's normal tone. yes it's a random draw, and each organization gets proportional representation, so don't jump off a bridge if johnny doesn't get in. if he does, go and enjoy it, but it's not a direct path to stardom. just part of the ride.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 11:06 AM 

It is alot easier when the mass majority are not going. But when you have so many that are included and a few that aren't it makes it much harder on the kids.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 12:06 PM 

Applied for Sudbury, nothing yet, waiting list here we come.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 1:17 PM 

Let's just see how random this draw is. The Whitby 97 team is coached by the commissioner of the OHL. Let's see how many of his players get into the camp. Then we'll all know.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 1:39 PM 

I just got my email for the U40 camp. F'en Eh!!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 4:14 PM 

Got the u40 invite as well!

The cost is actually double the price of u16, oh well i guess beer does cost more than gatorade.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 8:08 PM 

good thinking about the whitby team, lets see.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 11:34 PM 

Anyone still waiting?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 15 2012, 11:36 PM 

yup

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 12:42 AM 

Any AAs get an invite, or are we all on the waiting list? If so, to where?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 9:50 AM 

anyone get a waiting list email yet?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 9:51 AM 

No

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 2:07 PM 

Just got acceptance e-mail. COngrats to my son. I forgot that i have to eat another $425 to have him there. The season that wouldnt end....

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 2:11 PM 

Just wait. You ain't seen nothing yet....once you get into minor midget, it's like someone tatooed a dollar sign on your forehead!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 2:56 PM 

March 15 2012, 1:39 PM
Invite from whom? And how do they determine who to invite?
Thanks in advance for your response.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 2:58 PM 

If getting in is through a draw why do they ask for such personal questions when you apply? Ex. School grade average, stats, height/weight, etc.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 3:16 PM 

that's probably what they send to the agents

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 9:51 PM 

U40 was a joke bonehead. good question though about stats....why? if it's a draw.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 16 2012, 10:47 PM 

Maybe they need stats info to set up the teams so they can make them as even as possible.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 1:03 AM 

What does grade average have to do with it?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 1:13 AM 

I found that a little odd, too.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 8:21 AM 

It isn't a draw folks. If u read the website, you'll note that AAA players get preference. So the personal info is used to screen candidates.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 11:27 AM 

My Understanding is lots of applicants not too many spots congrats to those who got in I heard its a well run program.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 11:58 AM 

Think what you want but the process of choosing applicants is a draw, with priority given to AAA players. This from someone who went through the exact same process last year, and who's boy attended the program. Actually if you are so concern just write them a quick memo asking them to explain the selection process. Hope your little Johnny's expectations for next year's draft are not based on attending or not attending this camp, as it is of ABSOLUTELY no consideration. Not to downplay the value of the camp as many of the talks and seminars where of great value and interest. Once all the boys get on the ice however, you realize that the skill level is not significantly different than your average AAA program, actually quite lower than some of the top programs-I will let you figure out for yourself who they are.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 12:11 PM 

yes it's a draw, but essentially limited to AAA players. that's unfortunate as it's supposed to be about development, it's not a tryout camp like the U17s. Lots of good AA players out there who could benefit. they draw names from AAA players who have applied. good questions about why do they need a GPA? Or stats at all. they can build teams from what they see.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 12:21 PM 

Invites go out on Monday

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 1:25 PM 

They have already gone out.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 1:29 PM 

LOL.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 4:03 PM 

Who cares if its a draw or not. I have talked to many ex ohl players who attended the camp. They said it was one of the best programms they had been in. That has to say something.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 4:32 PM 

If your kid is on the radar, then he gets in - guaranteed. Once the top-end of the age group is invited, they probably do draw for the rest.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 4:45 PM 

We didn't apply. Talked to a scout, said we should have, my kid is screwed now - no chance of getting drafted. Damn!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 5:05 PM 

4:32 you are so full of Sh.. the smell is coming over the internet. Take at look at last yeaar's attendees, many 96 kids currently in top 100 propect. As to the previous message, only a boyscout would have told you such non sense. Unless you are a possible 1st or 2nd rounder scouts don't even know who you are, and don't care til next year-MM year

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 6:21 PM 

Here's a hint to see how much this camp has a bearing on being drafted - look around when you're there & count the scouts! If you can't figure out the number, I'll give you the answer now - ZERO! It's for the boys to experience what the next level could be for them, if they're interested. Relax & enjoy the pressure free weekend.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 6:45 PM 

My kid's considered one of the top and we did not get an email!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 7:05 PM 

because it's a draw.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 7:17 PM 

I know that is what I was saying!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 10:08 PM 

we got accepted to vaughn not to sure if its worth the time to go sounds like a cash grab

Anonymous
(no login)

March 17 2012, 10:21 PM 

C'mon, your son is worth the $425! Sounds like the opportunity is well worth the $.
Don't deny your kid the experience because YOU feel it is a cash grab.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 18 2012, 8:06 PM 

Just realized my son's camp falls during his tryouts. What happens now?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 18 2012, 8:10 PM 

whats more important making the team or a weekend at the U16

Anonymous
(no login)

March 18 2012, 8:35 PM 

If your kid has to go to his tryout to make his winter club, then save your $425. He isn't going anywhere.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 18 2012, 9:49 PM 

This is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the OHF. Means totally nothing. Seriously save your money.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 18 2012, 11:27 PM 

9:49 So what it means nothing! To the kids who participate, it means something - a weekend of hockey and having fun. Stop being such a downer.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 18 2012, 11:41 PM 

Can`t believe this argument is still going on. Same thing every year. Those that are not lucky enough to go try to bring everyone down. It`s a great experience and I would have paid double to go.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 18 2012, 11:50 PM 

There are a lot of AA players attending as AAA players were all chosen and their were still spots open

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 6:23 AM 

1150 wrong pal I know AAA players still waiting for the call

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 9:54 AM 

agree it's wrong. don't know of any AA players going. too bad.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 12:02 PM 

11:41 - agree. Parents/kids who are on the waiting list are slamming the whole U16 camp because their kid was not accepted. Why did you apply for U16, you should have applied to U17 if that is the camp that is more important !

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 12:35 PM 

We r AAA and still waiting. It is a shame that not everyone who wants to attend can go. My kid heard about this camp last year already and was really looking forward to going, and did not get an email!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 12:40 PM 

Then go get a lottery ticket maybe you wil have better luck there?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 1:18 PM 

Lol maybe we should

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 1:18 PM 

Lol maybe we should

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 1:59 PM 

Do the math, there has to be a minimum 50 AAA teams in the province with 850 potential players. There is a total of 24 teams at the camp (The programs in Vaughan and Oshawa will consist of six teams for a total of 120 players at each program (72 forwards, 36 defencemen and 12 goaltenders). The programs in Kitchener, Sudbury, and Windsor will consist of four teams for a total of 80 players at each program (48 forwards, 24 defencemen and eight goaltenders) for 480 camp spots.

Not everyone can go unfortunately. Only about half if they all apply.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 2:53 PM 

Back to the "lottery" question. All of the top 97's from our team were chosen and all of the others we know of who applied were chosen. I don't think that would be true if it was a lottery.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 2:58 PM 

Top according to you. Wait until next year....

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 3:18 PM 

To provie it was a lottery, who from Oakville got one?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 3:51 PM 

My kid got in. He plays 97AAA in Oakville.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 6:06 PM 

My kid is a top player and several other top players did not get in yet.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 7:15 PM 

Maybe he is a top player in your eyes but if he didn't get a letter than he's not top 200 on central scouting report good luck next year and hope you havnt filled your kid with hopes and dreams cause when he's not drafted that will be even harder for him start letting him down now

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 8:49 PM 

Don't forget this is The Mr.Branch weekend. He seen alot of 97's this year.You can bet he has looked at every application with his boy's and picked the best.Sorry if you didn't get an email.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 8:52 PM 

Yea
Based on who they got from our team they got the best alright
LOL

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 8:53 PM 

March 19 2012, 3:51 PM

Really? What's his name? lol

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 9:02 PM 

depends who your team is. maybe your kids not as good as you think.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 19 2012, 10:47 PM 

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 10:23 AM 

They have no clue about 97 players yet, maybe a few only. There's no 97 list. They're busy ranking and watching 96's not 97's this year. But i think this camp is a good opportunity to get a feel for the skill level out there and hopefully motivate the kids to work hard in the off season to prepare for the MM season. That's what I think this camp is all about.

I think they let in so many per area and then so many per team. They group them all together based on that and then randomly pick the allotted number.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 10:51 AM 

For those who didn't get in, did you say you were willing to go elsewhere? A few years ago when my son went, we had to travel to Windsor, yes it cost us a couple of nights in a hotel, but it was still worth it.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 11:14 AM 

All applicants were asked to name 3 choices for the camp. I assume if your name is drawn AND your first choice is full, they will procedd to your second choice and so on.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 12:07 PM 

They do know who the top 97 kids are and I am sure they got their first choice of where they wanted to go.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 12:07 PM 

They do know who the top 97 kids are and I am sure they got their first choice of where they wanted to go.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 12:49 PM 

I'm sure you will see Windsor, Sun County, Chatham, and maby some LJK and Elgin kids there in Windsor.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 2:30 PM 

Ya they have a detailed list of the top 97s. Extensive scouting has gone on all year long. The scouts weren't really interested in the 96s this year so instead they spent the entire year scouting the 97s just for this event.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 2:53 PM 

Look there are some they want to see there for sure.
They get them in and then pull the names.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 3:26 PM 

Who cares how they get there, my kids going and he is thrilled to be going. Is he going to the O?
Probably not, but at least he will gets a taste at how playing away from home is.
Many of us forget that this is for there child, not for you. So if your child was picked and going, enjoy the weekend where ever you are, and let him have the time of his life. Theres more to life than hockey!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 3:32 PM 

Agreed!! Good comment!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 3:54 PM 

Some AAA's did not get in yet but know of a AA that got in on the first day for the Shwa camp !

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 4:03 PM 

Do you get a reply either way. Do they send out a waiting list email. We havent heard anything

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 4:57 PM 

Bullsh!t

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 5:33 PM 

3:54 .....sucks to be you star

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 5:46 PM 

3:54 your bullshit NO AA kids are in yet they don't look at AA players until after March 30 when the payment deadline is stop stirrring up crap and let the parents and the kids enjoy thheir weekend

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 7:51 PM 

got nothing yet.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 7:56 PM 

got my "go away" email. camp is full, if openings later we will consider your application.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 8:01 PM 

Which zones are full?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 8:02 PM 

Same email tonight at 7:11. Only hope now is people with no funds to pay for junior.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 9:13 PM 

Got our too bad for you letter too!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 10:06 PM 

It must be a draw I know of some A kids that got in.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 20 2012, 10:18 PM 

maybe the 'A's got stuck on the keyboard

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 8:04 AM 

you are full of shit no single A's got in

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 8:41 AM 

Yes they did and they are going to the Sudbury camp- centers that are too small to have AAA in the NOHA are included and some of them do end up in the OHL or on the under 17 team.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 8:55 AM 

My 96 AAA last year did not get in initially. I asked for him to be put on the wait list for Kitchener and he got in the week before. Loved it.

It is a random draw.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 9:15 AM 

841 I am sure some of them do end up in ohl
but I know AAA kids that put in for Sud and have
not got the call so I am calling Bs

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 9:32 AM 

I'll get Michael to send him a postcard.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 10:32 AM 

Just finished payment for Sudbury camp, it was son's first choice. 2.5 hours of practice and 3 games, I figure it's about the same cost or cheaper than a spring tournament. When you live in the North every weekend we play in TO costs 150 fuel, 300 accomodation, 200 food, and as much as 30 fucking bucks for the fucking pocket stuffing cash grab gate fees. 425 on my MC is cheap and the experience - priceless.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 10:35 AM 

I can't believe this thread. It's a draw with AAA getting priority, just like the OHF website said. If no AAAs want to go to Sudbury, then they'll fill the empty spots with AA/As. If your kid is AAA, but you only applied for Vaughan, then you might not get in. There is no spe ial list of 97s. Of course they know the so-called names of the loop, but there are no reports or lists. My kid is a 97 AAA in the G, average player, late rounder at best. Nobody knows him. But we got our first choice of three listed - Vaughan. This is strictly an exposure camp by the OHL to get these boys a taste of what the O has to offer and get them fired up. I wouldn't be surprised if one guy from central scouting was at each camp, but only to get a preliminary look. No team scouts will attend. There will be plenty of of time for that starting in Aug, and there will be significant movement among kids between then and draft day. Those who you might think are the top kids now won't all be at the top for the 97 draft. Happens every year.

So for those lucky enough to be picked, have fun. For those who didn't get picked, don't worry about it, it has no bearing on your kid's hockey future.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 1:11 PM 

1035 thanks for letting us all
know. Must be hard knowing everything
and everyone else knows nothing.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 1:12 PM 

Read the application again, it may tell you a little at what they were looking for.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 1:35 PM 

1:11 - 10:35 here. Nope, but it's tough when complete fucking morons like yourself don't take the time to read the facts that are easily and readily available from the proper source. If you were capable of finding N54, then you ought to be capable of finding the OHF website. But for you, clearly a lifelong rider of the short bus, I will provide the link which tells you all about it: http://www.ohf.on.ca/web_pages/dev_under16.php

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 3:13 PM 

Oh well thank you 1035 your wife must have taken
your nuts out of her purse and let you wear them
today you tough talker you.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 3:25 PM 

You're welcome, stupid.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 3:26 PM 

Re: Under 16 OHF development camp March 20 2012, 3:26 PM

Who cares how they get there, my kids going and he is thrilled to be going. Is he going to the O?
Probably not, but at least he will get a taste at how playing away from home is.
Many of us forget that this is for there child, not for you. So if your child was picked and going, enjoy the weekend where ever you are, and let him have the time of his life. Theres more to life than hockey!

Great Comment!!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 3:43 PM 

You are right- this about the kids and I think some parents that want the best opportunities for their children are concerned that the selection process has judged/rank their child using improper criteria and somehow limited their future. Example- Why did my AAA child not get invited and an A player did-does someone think my boy is not a good player?
I hope everyone let's the kids know that were not lucky enough to be picked that this was a lottery . They have not been ranked or judged.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 5:38 PM 

If AAA kids are not getting picked then I am pretty
sure A kids are not geting picked.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 7:00 PM 

1032am - brilliant piece. Although we are going to kitchener it would have been great to meet up with real hockey people like you.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 9:15 PM 

good point

Anonymous
(no login)

March 21 2012, 9:27 PM 

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 7:16 AM 

You may not want to hear it, but it doesn't appear to have been a lottery. I received an e-mail asking for clarification as to which centre I was most interested in.

Sorry folks, they were eager to accomodate me, because they apparently wanted my kid to attend. He's a first line player on a top 10 team. No, I don't have illussions of NHL granduer. He's just a higher end AAA player today.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 7:29 AM 

Oshawa is the best one to attend.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 7:53 AM 

Tell that to 1035

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 7:56 AM 

And then we get a clown that says; shwa is the best one to attend. Man there all the same, just enjoy your sons weekend.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 8:33 AM 

Enjoy your day if you were lucky enough to get picked in this lottery but for those who think this was based on skill it was not. this is straight from the registration package

What is the player registration process?
Players - A random lottery selection process will be used to determine which players are registered. Players will be grouped and a certain amount of players will be chosen from each group. There are parameters in place to ensure that each participating OHF Member Partner (ALLIANCE, GTHL, NOHA, OMHA) has a certain number of players participating in the program.

http://www.ohf.on.ca//web_doc/gen_pdf/2012_u16_faq_1.pdf

have fun and count yourself lucky that you are there and it only costed you $425

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 9:05 AM 

knowing the way hockey works, I agree it was a lottery but with some "selections."

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 10:02 AM 

Been saying it for a while but if you were a top line player on a top team there was no lottery.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 10:14 AM 

10:02. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 10:25 AM 

March 22 2012, 7:16 AM

no, but you may have delusions of grandeur

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 10:32 AM 

Agree with 9:05. I think they took in all the applications, separated out the AAAs, did a preliminary assessment to make sure they got the top few names from each loop (maybe 3-4, eg. MS from TM), and then did a lottery for the rest. And I have no problem with that.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 10:37 AM 

7:16 - You probably just fucked up the application form you dolt.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 10:40 AM 

Especially if his spelling is any indication.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 10:48 AM 

The NHLPA has been watching this age group since Septmber for the Allstate All Canadian Camp in August, the recruiters all talk about top players in the age group.
Just like last year when they selected the 96 Allstate Camp

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 11:47 AM 

Ya the PA is really busy doing massive due diligence. Agents and buddies of the PA build the list for the AllState. Nobody is doing intensive scouting for this thing or of the 97 age group in Bantam. Everyone is busy scouting the current 96 MM.
97s will get scouted for real starting in September.
Enjoy the event but don't go getting way out ahead of yourself.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 11:49 AM 

Exactly!

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 12:06 PM 

once the selected few were chosen, the lottery for the remaining spots should have included some AA players. supposed to be development not a tryout camp.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 12:07 PM 

once the selected few were chosen, the lottery for the remaining spots should have included some AA players. supposed to be development not a tryout camp.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 12:23 PM 

I can't believe this thread is still going on and on.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 1:31 PM 

Can we just get to 300 and lock this post down please. BORING!!!!!!
Go pat yourself on the back somewhere else.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 22 2012, 1:33 PM 

difficult to post and pat yourself on the back at the same time.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 23 2012, 7:45 AM 

Well I think today is last day for e-mail
to find out if youget in or not.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 27 2012, 9:00 PM 

My son got his today! Late maybe but he is happy.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 4:17 PM 

How many AA players were needed to fill out the camps?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 5:19 PM 

5 A players on our team are in

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 7:05 PM 

Which city?

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 7:35 PM 

yes please do tell and which camps - cant wait for our kids to meet them

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 7:43 PM 

where are A players going? Don't know of any AA players getting in.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 7:43 PM 

where are A players going? Don't know of any AA players getting in.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 10:14 PM 

There are still AAA players waiting for possible cancellations so there are no AA or A players in.

Anonymous
(no login)

March 31 2012, 10:14 PM 

There are still AAA players waiting for possible cancellations so there are no AA or A players in.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 1 2012, 12:36 AM 

A players were invited to attend the camp .AAA players need folks to fill the stands. Thanks to all the A players filling the seats.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 1 2012, 1:44 AM 

From the sounds of things it might be the other way around your boy hasn't been invited yet

Anonymous
(no login)

April 2 2012, 4:33 PM 

Top AAA players from two different teams are not going selection has to be lottery style

Anonymous
(no login)

April 2 2012, 4:37 PM 

It is, been repeated many times.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 2 2012, 4:55 PM 

Thank god my kid is a top player or he wouldn't
have got invited.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 3 2012, 5:12 PM 

10:14 I know for a fact that a AA kid got in. So they either lied on their application or they got lucky!

Anonymous
(no login)

April 3 2012, 6:04 PM 

From what team? and yes probably lied

Anonymous
(no login)

April 3 2012, 7:23 PM 

Know too many AAA kids that put in and did not get picked
to believe that a AA kid got in without lying.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 3 2012, 9:54 PM 

the top kids did not get picked because they are already on the radar..its the kids on the bubble who have been accepted. These are the ones the OHL wants to take a look at.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 3 2012, 10:13 PM 

WTF are you talking about?! Who exactly in the OHL do you think is going to be at your kid's camp? No one is scouting your kid there. It's a fucking lottery, with priority to AAA kids, just like it said on the OHF website. A few AAs might have gotten in, not because anyone thinks their special or wants to get a look at them, but because they got lucky. Seriously!? Please tell me you're kidding.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 1:45 AM 

Nope, your wrong and I am right.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 7:07 AM 

The players that have been accepted are the ones that the OHL have their eyes on.No AA players will be at camp.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 7:28 AM 

1013 guess your kid didn't make the cut eh pal???

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 7:31 AM 

actually he got his first choice, but not because someone has his eye on him, because his name got selected from the random draw. fuck you're a bunch of morons.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 7:36 AM 

10:13 is right -it is a lottery . PS - my boy is going and he is an A player.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 8:06 AM 

Check out the thread on the U17 SCTA(OMHA) camp. Both of these programs are by a draw of the names. Obviously, when they have AA players going to the U17 camp and top players that actually aren't going. Just let your kid enjoy it. He will have a good time.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 8:08 AM 

Some of you parents have to give it a rest your kid did not
get picked to go via the "lottery" so just stop worrying
about it.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 1:21 PM 

Its all about the money. If you paid for the event good for you, but it means nothing more than any other hockey school.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 1:28 PM 

Says you cause you know.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 1:37 PM 

As a matter of fact I do! Thanks for pointing that out.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 1:41 PM 

it is for AAA first............and as much as you want to believe it is random draw...........it isn't........been there........it is selective!

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 1:45 PM 

Thank you someone that knows

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 3:11 PM 

My kid was selected and he didn't even play AAA this year. But did for the last 4 before.
I think what you people need to do is go back and download the PDF file on the app and read it again. Regardless if your kid is AAA AA A B BB C CC D DD. Yes AAA kids were considered first, but they were not waiting until hell froze over for you either. How were his grades? they also looked that too. And you can't lie about that.
Also my kid is no superstar but we had app in as soon as it became available. They just cant wait for everyone.
So if you were late getting in, chances are you won't get a spot. AAA AA A B etc etc etc

Final thought... its for my son, and not for me! So if your son didn't get the chance to go, encourage and wish his friend good luck who did, and quit whining on here.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 3:37 PM 

It's hockey school boys, relax, thats all it is, enjoy it for what it is, but that's all it is.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 4:05 PM 

Yep keep telling yourself that big fella.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 4:30 PM 

When all applications for each location are received. They are divided into applicants from each center.They choose the ones they want and the rest are put into the lottery. This is how they keep the quality or the program up.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 4 2012, 6:01 PM 

4:30 - You are correct! It is selected and then put in random draw. Kids on waiting list will most likely get in somewhere, may be not first choice but will be offered a location. It is nothing new....a weekend of stuff they already know.....dryland tips, nutrition tips, scrimmage. It is a money generator but was initated due to the NCAA and QHL getting to kids a lot earlier and the OHL was lagging due to complaceny.
It won't affect anything for the following draft year.........some kids enjoy it, some feel it is a waste of time......all individual.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 8 2012, 9:07 AM 

Glad to see on the OHL draft yesterday they were talking
about the U16 camp and how the OHL will be there.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 8 2012, 8:13 PM 

define "the OHL" - I'm guessing their new education rep?

Anonymous
(no login)

April 8 2012, 9:49 PM 

yep you guessed it

Anonymous
(no login)

April 11 2012, 12:01 PM 

My kid is pretty excited about this camp

Anonymous
(no login)

April 11 2012, 1:33 PM 

Not as much as you are.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 11 2012, 1:47 PM 

No you are wrong it is him

Anonymous
(no login)

April 12 2012, 1:00 AM 

When will they post the schedules for this camp? Anyone knows? I want to come and scout for next year's draft.

Sign Scoutalot

Anonymous
(no login)

April 12 2012, 8:24 AM 

If your kid made it you have a schedule.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 12 2012, 10:32 AM 

Did everyone receive a location that was not their first or second preference?

Anonymous
(no login)

April 12 2012, 10:34 AM 

Son is registered for his first choice.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 12 2012, 10:38 AM 

Anybody going to bail? My son still hoping for a last minute invite?

Anonymous
(no login)

April 12 2012, 2:17 PM 

First choice.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 12 2012, 10:53 PM 

I will sell my kid's spot bidding starts at $5k. Let me know if you are interested.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 13 2012, 9:21 AM 

make it $1,500 and I'm in

Anonymous
(no login)

April 13 2012, 10:31 AM 

i will take it

Anonymous
(no login)

April 13 2012, 3:17 PM 

Kid is going to windsor ...can't wait...little hockey...Kokopelli's and then Cheetah's Can't get much better than that.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 13 2012, 7:13 PM 

You mean Cheetah's first then Kokopelli's.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 14 2012, 12:22 AM 

It doesnt mean anything. Money grab.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 14 2012, 7:40 AM 

Are you talking about CheeTah's or the camp? Both are woth it

Anonymous
(no login)

April 14 2012, 7:49 AM 

It is a joke there are a lot of players that cant even skate, this not about the best it is about abunch of players who all think their the best.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 14 2012, 8:17 AM 

Maybe it's a good thing that there is such a wide cross-section of players. Because the players are selected randomly, there are some there that will never have another shot at this type of hockey experience. Mine probably falls into this category. He's a third-line player on a weaker AAA team. He's not among the best and he knows it but he loves playing hockey I can't explain how excited he is for this weekend. For the top players that missed out, they'll get other opportunities down line that my son won't.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 14 2012, 6:57 PM 

ALL TOP players got in ! Name me one that didnt.

Anonymous
(no login)

April 14 2012, 9:24 PM 

Anonymous
(no login)

April 14 2012, 9:26 PM 

nothing to say

Current Topic - Under 16 OHF development camp    
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement