Sports R4U - 2001 and Older.

[ Forum Rules. ] [ Requests For Moderation. ] [ Sports R4U - 2002 and Younger. ]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Agent / Advisors

July 27 2012 at 4:23 PM
Anonymous  (no login)

Is it worth having an 'Advisor' for your Minor Midget year??

AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Agent / Advisors

July 27 2012, 4:47 PM 

Depending on how good the player is.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 5:24 PM 

If your son is not top 15 in the province,then advisors are vital,extremely instrumental on putting the word out,public relations is huge in draft year.Having an advisor is usally the difference from being drafted in the 3rd round or the 12 round.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 5:31 PM 

says an advisor

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 5:44 PM 

Bullcrap, advisors are scum bags that are not needed, talent is required, everything else falls into place.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 6:33 PM 

Just came out a the MM AAA year...

Saw kids with a family advisor go in the 8th, 10th and 11th round. Good advisors know more people than you could ever guess and this improves the odds of getting drafted. Hockey is about favours, money and who you're connected too...especially in rounds 5 - 15.

Saw kids who didn't get drafted who should've but they didn't have an advocate.

Go get one...what can it hurt? You've only got one shot at this so why not improve your odds?

One last word of advice...never, never, never trust the coach or coaching staff with presenting your kids to scouts. Coaches and coaching assistant's cannot be trusted with this. I cannot stress this enough.

It's entirely up to you and you alone to go the extra mile...

Good luck...

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 6:49 PM 

If your drafted past the 5th round, all it does for you is give you something to talk about. Yes someone will say my kid was drafted in the 10th or 12th and played, very rare. Don't waste your time with advisors, they have one interest, their own.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 7:26 PM 

Get one. They work, HARD,on your kid's behalf. We watched kids who should have been drafted slip through the cracks or go much later than they should have. Doesn't cost anything. If your kid is good enough, they will have contacted you already but if they haven't, seek one out. If nothing else, you'll get a reality check. From a parent whose kid went in first 3 rounds.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 8:33 PM 

dont ask questions like that on this forum. too many non informed hockey people

Anonymous
(no login)

July 27 2012, 9:50 PM 

Take a look at Calgary's first round pick this year,it tell's the whole story.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 28 2012, 7:35 AM 

Octagon agency goes the extra mile,they hold a week long camp in Ottawa area each year preparing there kids for the main camps.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 28 2012, 9:05 AM 

So how do you get in contact and what would conversation be???

Anonymous
(no login)

July 28 2012, 9:22 AM 

Re: Agent / Advisors July 27 2012, 6:49 PM

If your drafted past the 5th round, all it does for you is give you something to talk about. Yes someone will say my kid was drafted in the 10th or 12th and played, very rare. Don't waste your time with advisors, they have one interest, their own.

From someone who did not have a kid drafted

Anonymous
(no login)

July 28 2012, 9:45 AM 

There are a few good ones, and many not good.
Newport and Orr are the highest rated that I have heard of; im sure there are more.
They tend to take fewer, higher end players.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 28 2012, 9:53 AM 

My 96 boy just went through the MM draft and looking at the outcome of this years draft there is no doubt in my mind that Agents/Advisor play a huge role in lobbying for their clients. If being drafted for your boy is a significant milestone for him, then get on the bandwagon and start talking to various agencies.

This being said, once drafted all bets are off. Just take a look at previous year's draft and you will be amazed at how many 1st to 5th rounders have disappeared. Case in point, next time you are at an OHL game compare the 5-12th rounders to the 1st-5th rounder as they are normally listed in the program. I looked at some of the early draft some of the teams made and cannot help but scratch my head. But, then again most if not all these boys had agents. This is not sour grapes, as my son (with no agents) was picked in the early rounds but just a piece of advice.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 29 2012, 8:07 AM 

Just went through Minor Midget year YOUR DON'T need a family advisor. IT DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 29 2012, 2:48 PM 

lol. Had an agent the whole year. Helped explain the process, fielded questions from teams, answered any and all questions we had during the year. All for free. As a family, we found our agent to be extremely useful. Would our son have been drafted anyways? Sure. But why would you throw away free advice?

Anonymous
(no login)

July 29 2012, 3:04 PM 

can you ask them who else they are representing in your league, and will they answer? and does it matter?

Anonymous
(no login)

July 29 2012, 10:00 PM 

Where do you find an agent/advisor?

Anonymous
(no login)

July 29 2012, 10:55 PM 

if you haven't been contacted yet your kid probably isn't good enough. The best agents only represent a few kids at each age group. The best agencies have already got kids on the line

Anonymous
(no login)

July 29 2012, 11:11 PM 

A good agent will tell you who they are repping. Above poster is correct..agents will contact you..but calls will come all through minor midget year. We were still getting the odd call after Christmas. You need to be comfortable with whoever you choose. If NCAA is in the picture, make sure your guy will help you with that route as well. They don't make money unless the kid plays for money so it can complicate things.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 8:00 AM 

And make sure if your kid wants to go NCAA that no money changes hands.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 9:18 AM 

10:55pm

"if you haven't been contacted yet your kid probably isn't good enough.....TODAY."

We went through the whole minor midget draft process this past year. The most significant single thing I learned was that contrary to what most people try to tell you, minor midget is not life or death.

Drafted or not drafted, there remeains LOTS of hockey left if the boy wants it AND is willing to put in the work.

Minor Midget is predominantly for the top 40-60 kids in any given age group who are going to graduate to the OHL the following year. The balance of players have a longer timeline in terms of development and can and do develop, it just takes longer.

Good luck!

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 9:55 AM 

any website you can go to to get advisors

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 9:59 AM 

No.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 11:44 AM 

Good point 9:18. In fact, if your kid is not in the top 30 players then not getting drafted is actually more advantageous. It gives you the freedom to tryout for various teams, whereas the kid drafted in the 12th round becomes the property of the team that drafted him. They tell you where you can and can't play. Heard horror stories of kids not good enough to make the main team but not given releases to go play where they're wanted.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 11:48 AM 

My son wasn't drafted in April despite being told by numerous teams he would be taken in the 7th to 10th rounds. Since then, he has used it as fuel and worked like like a dog all summer, in the gym and on the ice.

He is really looking forward to his midget year to show people they were wrong.

I'm very proud of him for demonstrating his resilience and dedication.

Great life lesson!

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 12:19 PM 

I never thought favours and contacts would play so heavily in the draft. After the first 2 rounds it gets really crazy, especially in the later rounds. Talent seems to be the last thing they look at. (and no my kid was not drafted and we never expected he would. Just stating an observation).

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 1:07 PM 

Found out recently Brampton drafted a kid late because his dad was number one sponsor! Never mind Tier 2, kid can't even find a team in Midget AAA to take him.

Reality!

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2012, 1:15 PM 

Get your kid to a team that will play him all the time.
Win/loss record in Major Midget means nothing like it did in minor midget.
Kid has to be played all the time and be apart of some junior teams plans. Try and find a team that has a connection with a junior team.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 1:41 PM 

Having been through the Minor Midget draft twice, it has become very clear that there are many different variables at play.

But, perhaps the most important thing regarding advisors is this: they will approach you. If you need to find them, then chances are good you will be dissappointed in the outcome. Their reputation is at stake. They will only promote thise players that will be a credit to them. You should NEVER have to pay for one.

The other variables that come into play (and this is through the experience of two recent drafts)
1. How strong/weak is the draft
2. How strong/weak is the player's MM team
3. How much does the coach promote and /or play your kid
4. Does the player have a sibling playing for an OHL team
5. Does the player have a connection to any OHL team
6. Is the player fully developed, or do they still have a lot of growing to do
7. Does the advisor have good OHL connections with coaches or GM's
8. Does the MM coach have a connection to an OHL team (scout) or to OHL Central Scouting

Each of these can play a role in the draftability of a kid. Some factors weigh more than others, so it is a real guess most of the time.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 2:24 PM 

The bottom line remains that the Agents/Advisors will gravitate to the top 40-60 kids in the class. They are the elite at this stage, but perhaps not still the elite in two years.

Agents/Advisors will not make or break a kids draft potential, just like every single kid drafted will ultimately only make it on their work ethic and desire to succeed.

Case in point, Brandon Francisco is a 1993 birth year who was projected to go top 15 in the 2009 OHL draft. He signed a letter of intent with the U of Maine, but ultimately Sarnia drafted him in the third round and convinced him to forego NCAA for the OHL.

This past week Francisco asked permission from the Kitchener Rangers to allow him to play with Tier 2 Newmarket Hurricanes this upcoming season to try to resurrect his "career." He had 3 unforgettable seasons in the OHL. Highly skilled but smaller and not interested in the physical side of the game.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:46 PM 

I would have to say that if we were to do it again that I would push to have an advisor. After seeing some of the names that pop up and if you really want to be on that list, get an advisor. Nothing wrong with some advice.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:48 PM 

where do you find one

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:49 PM 

Advice is fine but beyond that I don't believe they do anything else. At the end of the day, if the kid was picked in the 1st, 3rd, 5th or last round they will need to work their butts off to succeed.

We had an advisor. He answered a bunch of questions and did the obligatory discussion with al lteams prior to the draft. We were told our son was ranked 7th to 10th round. He never got picked.

Life goes on and surprisingly the sun rose the next morning.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:50 PM 

well you any lots others say that but how and who would you call never really seems to get a good response

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:53 PM 

3:49 of course the sun rose the next morning ... but maybe you should have tried different advisers, dunnoe ... my son didn't make the draft list either and has been working harder than ever this summer in the gym, he also had letters, calls etc., and was totally devastated that his name wasn't called sad.gif Its a killer watching that disappointment ... I think we needed some help or advice.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:53 PM 

3:49 of course the sun rose the next morning ... but maybe you should have tried different advisers, dunnoe ... my son didn't make the draft list either and has been working harder than ever this summer in the gym, he also had letters, calls etc., and was totally devastated that his name wasn't called sad.gif Its a killer watching that disappointment ... I think we needed some help or advice.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:54 PM 

3:50 What?

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:55 PM 

Yeah i do not understand why no one out of all the people on here that said they had AN ADVISOR nobody can answer the question that has been asked numerous times WHERE DO YOU FIND AN ADVISOR?

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:56 PM 

Being ranked 7 or 10 seems way down on that list.

At least he made a list???

I'd have to say that you need to be on the top 4 teams and want it bad. Most of those kids had an advisor thats for sure.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 3:58 PM 

3:55 I will find out for you. We never had one. People are weird, so afraid to help anyone out, big secrets in hockey because they will throw you and your child under a bus to get ahead.

There are lots of advisors around. If you give me a day or so I will post some names.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 4:00 PM 

3:55pm

http://www.nhlpa.com/about-us/certified-agents

The link above gives you access to all certified NHL agents. These are your advisors. The bigger agencies like Newport Sports have younger associates that target the top 40-60 OHL draft-eligible players. The bigger agencies will also find you.

Otherwise, troll through the list make some calls, send some emails and find your advisor.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 31 2012, 4:10 PM 

That was kind 4:00 pm. There always is one in a bunch that goes the extra mile.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 10:50 AM 

you are joking if you think Newport goes after 60 draft eligible players.

do you really think the OHL managers would take them seriously if they had to promote 60 kids at one time?

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 10:53 AM 

I didn't say that.

I said they target the top 40-60 kids. Anyone with half a brain would realize they won't get all of them.

Reading comprehension is an important skill.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 11:00 AM 

sorry, i misread you.

so in your not so humble opinion, how many players would a top agency like Newport represent going into the OHL draft?

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 11:08 AM 

I honestly do not know. My son was not drafted, but we were able to bounce questions off a family friend who is in the business. He was helpful.

In speaking with people whose children played on top teams, the OHL Cup champions of this past season for example had only a couple of families that did not have an advisor and those that did, the representation was pretty widespread with multiple advisors assisting.

If you google on a few of the top rated players from the first round you will see who they are represented by, mostly the higher end agencies that also represent lots of NHL players.

P.S. I don't know how Advisors do it. It is a dirty, cut-throat business with tons of unscrupulous people making all kinds of promises that they don't keep. Very slimey in my opinion.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 11:20 AM 

i dont really see it as slimey, to be honest.

At this age, no money is changing hands, and people are jockeying for positions in a race that doesnt start for 4 years.

think about it, agents dont get paid until their client signs an NHL contract. the top guys dont take any money from their clients (so that is obviously not sleezy)..they are the ones spending time and money..on a prospect. it doesnt cost the parents a cent. If your advisor asks for money-find a more reputable advisor.

On the other side you have OHL scouts and GMs who try to assess talent and potential for their respective teams needs in two to 3 years down the road. They also make promises and break promises to the famalies and agents.Their success rate is well below 50%, when you analyze who get drafted and who actually plays in the OHL.

The real time for an agent is actually after your son has been drafted and is playing in the OHL and is goin into his draft year

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 11:32 AM 

Sorry, I should have been more clear.

What I saw as slimey in minor midget was all the advisors fawning over teenage boys after every game. All the hand-wringing by parents to jockey for ice time amongst the coaches just so they could impress the coaches more. Various parents seeking out scouts and glad-handing them during tournaments especially thinking this would somehow get their kid noticed. When our advisor canvassed the teams, getting feedback that in no way matched what ultimately happened.

I know of one case where an American OHL team asked a player from the GTHL to reserve a room at a local hotel in their city on the Friday night, in order to be present the next day when that team drafted that player. Just before this player and his family were about to leave for the city, the team called the advisor and indicated they would be going in a differrent direction, looking at an American player in that spot. The next morning, after that American player had indicated he would not report, the team called the original GTHL player looking to secure his commitment to their team. The advisor for this player told that team to go f themselves. Needless to say he ended up being drafted by another Canadian based OHL team.

I hope I have better articulated now what I meant by slimey.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 11:44 AM 

sadly, slimely resembles real life quite accurately.

Have you ever been promised something by a contractor, or landscaper, or car salesman, or any business assocaite that didnt live up to their promises?.

It is a business. people should stop being romantic about it.

there is huge dollars at stake for the OHL owner and the future incomes of the player agents.

thanks for your feedback thoough, sadly i think it is very true.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 11:52 AM 

I agree with you.

Minor midget really is when romantic illusions of a youth sport (may be stretching it a bit nowadays in the big-money hockey world) finally slam headlong into big business.

In my view the draft is too young, the stakes too high and the slime coefficient increases substantially.

Good luck 1997 parents!

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 11:57 AM 

I really dont know why they dont move up back the draft age to 17. it would really increase the accuracy of the scouts, as players will have grown more and developed further. it would remove alot of the guesswork

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 12:00 PM 

As long as the NHL draft is at 18 (no chance this is changing) the OHL will continue to draft 15 year olds.

The elite kids get the one year to acclimatize, and then have to step up and show what they have at 17/18 to justify their NHL draft position.

Why do you think so many kids wash out? Too young for the grind.

I've always said Canadian hockey is a massive meat grinder. Shove a ton of kids in the front end with the driven, elite and lucky coming out the other end. Coaching? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Anonymous
(no login)

August 1 2012, 12:03 PM 

Of course we have experienced disappointment from unfulfilled promises but it is different to be 'done wrong' as an adult as opposed to a 15 yr old trying to reach their dreams. As parents it is our job to keep our kids grounded and aware of the realities in this business. It is our job as parents to make sure our kids can focus on what needs to be focused on - school, their sport of choice and being the best person they can be.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:28 AM 

For a bit of cash, and if your kid is even marginal, you can get an agency to provide you with advice and make a few contact calls for you. $1000 bucks isn't too much for a bit of an advantage considering how much you are paying for MM.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:34 AM 

Pay an agent and your schollie chances (however small they are) go out the window. Bad advice.

There are lots of people out there who will provide advice gratis.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:37 AM 

1043 Shows his/her obvious lack of knowledge. The only "safe" way to guarantee scholarship eligibility is to pay an agent. NCAA looks the other way for now but the rules are going to change one of these days and you will have to pay an "advisor" to guarantee eligibility. So for now, if you haven't earned a call from an agency and if you want them working for you and you want to be sure to protect eligibility then call one, pay them and get them working or you.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:41 AM 

You're wrong.

Call College Hockey Inc. ask for Jeff Dwyer and he will set you straight.

Facts are your friend.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:42 AM 

I've known Jeff for years, and Paul Kelly before him. u might want to get your facts straight.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:44 AM 

Been there, done that got the free mint. Check again.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:53 AM 

Have your wife provide an occassional quickie behind the rink and you can get represented for free.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 11:25 AM 

RE: August 8 2012, 10:53 AM
Is that from your your own experience

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 11:30 AM 

RE: August 8 2012, 11:25 AM
Yah, I really enjoyed banging the shit out of your wife - literally!

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 11:31 AM 

LOL

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 12:12 PM 

RE: August 8 2012, 11:30 AM

Now you want to make us believe you are a scout

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 3:41 PM 

hey 10:28, quality 'advisors' don't charge their players...

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 4:02 PM 

RE: August 8 2012, 12:12 PM

Yah, I was scouting your wife's snatch for a Bukkake party. She passed the audition with flying fellatios.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 4:03 PM 

bukkake eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww gross!

Anonymous
(no login)

August 8 2012, 10:06 PM 

check out the pmha - they represent anyone, I mean anyone

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 9:08 AM 

Agencies will spend tons of time in rinks this winter looking for players to represent. Just because your son wasn't sought out last year is no need to panic. It's all about this season. Your son will be approached if his play is deserving, don't get too worked up over what happened in Bantam, nothing matters till MM.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 9:13 AM 

Even MM is over-rated, believe me.

You will see after the draft whether your son is selected or not it us ultimately much ado about nothing.

The OHL does a magnificent job marketing.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 9:18 AM 

Agreed MM is just the beginning of a very long journey. It's an important year but it's a long, long, long journey to get anywhere in this game. Enjoy the year, but keep it all in perspective. Many of the "IT" boys going into this season will slide this season, some "no-names" will rise, and after many, many years of development and comittment and distraction and disappointment the few who get through will look very different than they did in MM. Good luck to all, enjoy a fun year - keep it all in perspective.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 9:24 AM 

The single biggest thing I learned after my son went through minor midget last year was as the previous poster says....

"it's a long, long, long journey to get anywhere in this game."

Take it year by year after minor midget, support him and if he continues to love the game and is willing to put in the work to get better (there's a lot of work, my son wasn't drafted this past April but has worked his ass off this summer) it is all good.

Ultimately, don't believe those who will tell you it is all done after minor midget.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 10:21 AM 

If you read the fine print in NCAA rules, if you pay an agent you are automatically ineligible for an NCAA scholarship. Our agent/advisor represented our son at no cost, marketed him to several schools as well as OHL teams. Two scholarship offers from top schools and 2nd round draft pick. Facts ARE your friend.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 10:25 AM 

Where's he going?

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 12:56 PM 

O

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 3:33 PM 

10:21, what you can pay for and doesn't impact your NCAA eligibility are those athlete marketing firms like Cardinal Sports. perhaps this is what a few of the posters above meant instead of (paying for) a so called "advisor". just another NCAA eligibility contradicition like the whole advisor/agent BS.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 3:38 PM 

Greatest NCAA contradiction?

The NCAA's biggest problem with major junior is the fact you have amateurs playing with those that have signed pro contracts.

Have a look at the US World Junior team and you will see CHL players and NCAA players playing on the same team. Too funny.

P.S. NCAA athletes and professionals are mingling at the Olympics as we speak.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 5:13 PM 

"Have a look at the US World Junior team and you will see CHL players and NCAA players playing on the same team. Too funny."

3:38, forget about CHL players on the US national junior team, during the 2011 WJC's there were 4 AHL players on the team: Jerry D'Amigo, Kyle Palmieri, Jeremy Morin and Nick Leddy. these 4 players were as professional as you can be.

since the NCAA constitution hockey bylaw that declares major junior kids as professional does not stipulate "professional contamination" or "paid athlete", these are prohibited in other bylaws, the greatest eligibility contradiction depends on which way the wind is blowing.

furthermore at NHL prospect camps held every summer/fall NCAA drafts are competing right along side AHL and CHL kids, many of which are signed and some have even played in the NHL. these take place over a week sometimes longer, so no BS about a "48 hour" limit (although you can stay longer if you pay your own after 48 hours at major junior camps, shyeah as if) as in the CHL camps.

finally, speaking of eligibility contradicitons depending which way the wind blows, here's a recent one:
http://www.sent-trib.com/bgsu-sports/ncaa-suspends-bgs-freibergs-08-02-12

look up Jordan Principalli or RA Mobile in hockeydb or elite prospects. there are others too, I just can't remember the names right now.....gotta love NCAA contradictions.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 9 2012, 7:39 PM 

Do whatever the hell you want, just don't play for an OHL team and you are fine, the NCAA cops arent all knowing, besides they have enough to worry about with Penn State and all the other problems in football and basketball.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 10 2012, 4:53 PM 

"just don't play for an OHL team and you are fine"

i take it you missed the last line in the previous post.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 10 2012, 10:36 PM 

I think the point that gets overlooked in OHL vs NCAA decisions and discussions is that it is the NCAA that put the rule in place that dictates if you play in the O - even stay over your 48 hour window) you cannot go NCAA. People think it's an OHL rule.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 11 2012, 1:05 PM 

QUESTION-if you play in the OHL over the 48 hour rule, does it make your scholarship eligablity null and VOID only... meaning, you can still go play in the NCAA (provided you wanted to pay for you tuition)...OR is the rule written that if you PLAY OHL you cant EVER go play in NCAA.

Just trying to clarify.

thx

Anonymous
(no login)

August 11 2012, 2:37 PM 

1:05, the 48 hour rule applies to how long kids wanting to keep their NCAA eligibility can stay in CHL training camps.

the training camps work the same way for all teams in the O. there is effectively 2 portions. the Monday and Tuesday (or Tues/Wed) of the last week in August are attended by current year's drafts and previous years' drafts that have not made the team yet. you also have the bulk of the team, ie 3rd & 4th liners, however top players and veterans will be at NHL or AHL camps.

at the end of these first 2 days or 48 hours there's a mass exodus of players who want to keep their eligibility squeaky clean. quite honestly most of the kids leaving will be T2 level kids with very little chance of becoming an O player, so they might as well leave.

all players can actually stay longer than the "48 hours". the rule states that they must pay their own way and keep all receipts for food, lodging & other expenses beyond the initial 48 hours. some players will do this.

I have never heard of a player losing his NCAA eligibility because he stayed longer than 48 hours. players lose their NCAA D1 eligibility if they play in a CHL league game. this is the key. there have been players that have even signed O contracts however not played in a league game and managed to play D1 after appealing.

as for NCAA D3, you can play in the CHL and still play in the NCAA (refer to Principalli and Mobile above). there have been a bunch of these players, although it's a difficult process as it will involve the college going thru an appeal process and the player being redshirted for at least 1 year - suspended longer than that it's really not worth it for the college team as they will only have the player for 2 years. so it's a long, convoluted process requiring effort/cost and support by the college team.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 11 2012, 2:46 PM 

1:05, sorry reread your post > it is actual NCAA althletic eligibility, not just scholarship eligibility. playing in the CHL even voids even a kid's ACHA (the non varsity, NCAA club level hockey league) eligibility when he's attending a US college.

a kid could play in the CHL and later, or at the same time, attend a US College. there's a kid right now playing for the Plymouth Whalers (Plymouth is a Detroit suburb right beside Ann Arbor) attending the University of Michigan. he will never be eligible to play for the Wolverines varsity or ACHA teams tho.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 11 2012, 7:37 PM 

One thing for sure, this post has left me so confused on this issue now I have to find an Agent or someone to filter out the mud for me.

[linked image]

Anonymous
(no login)

August 11 2012, 8:31 PM 

Really guys speak to knowledgeable people if you need an agent not on this site.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 12 2012, 11:20 AM 

7:37PM At least you've got putting up pictures going for ya! That should serve you very well in the future. A brain is a sad thing to waste.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 12 2012, 12:25 PM 

All kinds of players are going to be scooped up by agents after Titans tourney and then after Silver Sticks. Don't get upset if your kid doesn't have representation - if he has a really good Fall and early Winter he will get scooped up.

Anonymous
(no login)

August 12 2012, 1:47 PM 

Agents dont matter till contract time so relax everyone. It's just an ego boost for some insecure parents.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 21 2013, 7:32 AM 

yep

Anonymous
(no login)

May 21 2013, 8:31 AM 

Re: Agent / Advisors August 9 2012, 10:21 AM

If you read the fine print in NCAA rules, if you pay an agent you are automatically ineligible for an NCAA scholarship. Our agent/advisor represented our son at no cost, marketed him to several schools as well as OHL teams. Two scholarship offers from top schools and 2nd round draft pick. Facts ARE your friend.

Blatantly incorrect. Indeed, facts ARE your friend.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 21 2013, 8:33 AM 

Many agents don't actually take a fee. They should, but there really is no way to prove otherwise, and its low on the pecking order as far as violations. As along as the agent/adviser isn't paying for your way, that's the big one. Our's charged us $200 a year and refunded us the $$ once our first son signed his first pro deal.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 21 2013, 8:37 AM 

Thank you and exactly.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 21 2013, 11:54 AM 

yep

Anonymous
(no login)

May 21 2013, 12:15 PM 

If your agent charges 3k a year, they are in it for the wrong reasons.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 10:23 AM 

If you want to pay $$$$ for someone to do nothing then go for it. No agents are needed at any level except pro.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 10:33 AM 

Says you.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 10:42 AM 

Definitely says me. I was a sucker who bought into the player advisor scam. $1k later my 95 got on a good jr. a team through hard work and nothing that the player advisor did got him there. And if I want my kid to go to US college in a couple of years, then i have to shell out the $'s. What I save on an advisor would pay for part of his meal plan at school. Advisors are con artists. Simple fact.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 10:46 AM 

So do you regularly make general observations in your life based on one example? Perhaps that was the outlier.

My son is a 96 and we have had good results with our paid advisor.

To each their own.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 10:56 AM 

As a 96 you could not begin to reap any benefit for your kid unless he/she is an AGENT and you are in the "O". Outside of that I would love to be proven wrong. How has your advisor helped you out with an 96 kid??

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 10:58 AM 

^ getting on a midget team, duh

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:01 AM 

Magnifico!!! Double is rate!

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:06 AM 

10:56 He has managed to assist in getting my son offers to two OHL rookie camps and 3 QMJHL camps. I certainly could not have done this.

Also assisted in closing the deal on one OJHL spot for next season as well as a GOHL team as a fall-back.

Last season we had squat.

P.S. His regular viewing of my son's games, advice to my son on improvements to his game have helped in restoring confidence in the boy since the disappointing OHL draft.

Everyone characterizes value for money spent differently. I am comfortable with the value we have received. Ultimately, he has made some promises for next season which will ultimately prove his worth.

Again, you may be the outlier.....

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:11 AM 

He has managed to assist in getting my son offers to two OHL rookie camps and 3 QMJHL camps. I certainly could not have done this.

I bet
Even after no draft?
LOL

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:19 AM 

Where was your kid drafted?

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:22 AM 

11:11, I believe 11:06.

first, he's a 96 dad who's been active on this board for more than a year regarding his experiences both positive and negative (
second, his experiences are normal. many Ontario undrafted kids end up in the Q. also, many get walk-ons after a solid midget showing, especially on a strong team. nothing skeptical or dubious here.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:24 AM 

11:06 - I call bull$#%@. Anyone can pay to go to an OJHL camp. You too can go on to an ojhl team website and register for camp. And they will tell you what your kid needs to work on. And as far as OHL - I don't buy it. Keep paying your advisor and when your kid makes the pros or even semi pros come on back and tell me "I told ya so". I will then bow.Until then, keep your $$ in your pocket, where you can spend it on much better things.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:26 AM 

11:11 - Why so negative? My son was undrafted, but made an OJHL team as a 16 year old last year. He has interest from a bunch of D1 schools, and is currently being recruited by some. He's also attending an OHL camp this year. The OHL draft isn't the be all and end all of hockey like some people think.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:29 AM 

He went to the rookie camp, and has been invited back to the main camp. He was told what he needs to work on to make the team and is going to spend the summer doing that.

He has been committed to by an OJHL team, waiting on cards to arrive to sign. We thankfully informed the GOJHL team recently he is going to the OJHL. They were first class, excellent management group.

This is where your statements fall down, when you start unsulting people you believe are not being truthful.

I must say, you do provide a very juicy invitation re bowing down to me. That would be quite the site at my son's season opener next season, one that I would happily post back on here. I'll let you know if I will take you up on that offer. Stay tuned. happy.gif

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:31 AM 

Oh yeah 11:24am you are incorrect when you claim "anyone can pay to go to an OHL camp."

Do a little research and you will find that they are by invitation only. Oh sorry, guess you don't have your family advisor to ask so you'll have to call the OHL teams yourself.

Good luck with that.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:46 AM 

Dear dear simple 11:31 - I said,and please read it again, anyone can pay to go to an OJHL camp. Register for the rookie camp and pay your $ and you are in.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:49 AM 

LOL. It is people like 11:31 who actually pay for the advisor!!!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 11:52 AM 

11:46am My apologies, probably read it too quickly.

You can believe what you want, I'm thinking the last time you took a statistics course and understood the concept of small sample size is when you didn't make such conclusions based on one example.

Needless to say, carry on as this site is chock full of people who jump to conclusions just like that.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 12:41 PM 

We are in the middle of deciding if we should get and advisor.
A local guy who seems to be in the know around the rinks.
My son is a 94 who has played 1 year of Jr.A and would like to
go to NCAA.
Can anyone out there rate a couple of the advisor companies in the
Toronto GTA area?

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 12:44 PM 

If you have to pay over 500 a year, they are in it for the wrong reasons.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 12:48 PM 

Listen. Advisors are scoundrels and parasites feeding off the hopes and dreams of both parents and kids.
Do not give anyone any money to advise your kid wh8ile he is still in minor hockey. When finished and you
want to try the college route, and if you have the money, call a well known and well respected agency to
give you direction. Do not pay until they actually do something for you. DO NOT PAY A PENNY.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 12:53 PM 

Our advisor charged us, but fully refunded every penny once our first pro contrat was signed. It was also a pretty nominal yearly fee ($500).

If you 'advisor' is charging you 3-4k, not willing to refund it, then what are they in for...if they think your kid is as good as they claim, then they should invest as well. Our does with his clients, and he makes a killing, hes not out there trying to swindle every undrafted kid, he actually invests in the players.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 12:57 PM 

Curious? How does he invest in the kids he represents?

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 1:51 PM 

12:48pm As I said previously, says you....

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 2:49 PM 

Could we get some names of these advisors? It just seems like good advertising for them and we are in the market.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 2:51 PM 

Think about it, who in their right mind would offer up any names given the bashing that goes on here....

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 3:20 PM 

@12:57

Its simple, he puts his money where his mouth is. He agrees to pay back all the fees once the first pro contract is signed. He told our son that he thought he could play pro, and would be willing to do it for free. Because of NCAA rules, you cant really do that, so he charged a small amount and refunded it once he left the NCAA and went to play in Europe. The 3k (6 years worth of fees) came out of his first commission check.

Pretty simple, if your advisor says "I believe your kid has a future', well, one easy way to find out why they are doing it, are they honest, or are they trying to get the fee...

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 3:21 PM 

You can only do that if you are working for a large agency that is paying the bills based on established clients.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 4:44 PM 

If any agent or advisor is asking you to pay anything for his services or sign any contract for future payment then move on to someone else. Way to many credible and effective agents out there willing to take a gamble that should they do a good job and represent you well at the Junior level then it will be a given that you will stick with them at the pro level, which is when they actually reep the benefits.

If you have to pay for his services right now this should be your indication that even the agency does not have much faith in your sons future potential...

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 4:48 PM 

@3:21

Our son's advisory is very small. Not alot of big name players, although this past draft they did quite well. They believe that if the players are making a financial investment, so should the agent, the agent should commit to the player, both from a time standpoint and a financial one.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 4:52 PM 

My son's agency does the same if a player is playing Major Junior.

If they choose to go the NCAA route, a fee is involved.

So far, they have done a good job for us.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 6:17 PM 

Why would they charge a fee if kid goes NCAA?

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 6:23 PM 

They have to pay a fee as per NCAA requirements. Good agents charge like 500-1000 a year, those who charge 3-5k, I wonder what the motivation is...

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 6:26 PM 

They have to charge a fee as per NCAA regulation??? Who exactly sold you that BS?

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 7:21 PM 

'They have to charge a fee as per NCAA regulation??? Who exactly sold you that BS?'

College Hockey Inc actually, they echo'd it at a seminar we went too....

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/important-answers-family-advisors

'Do plan to compensate the advisor for their services; failure to do so may be considered the player receiving a gift from the advisor, which would be an NCAA violation. This compensation shouldn’t be extravagant – do not expect that one advisor is more valuable simply because they charge more. You don’t always get what you pay for.'

Who exactly sold you that BS that they didn't wink.gif

Now, my sons agent refunded us everyone we payed (very small fee) once was done with the NCAA. If our advisor (who is quite small) can afford to do that, why cant others...

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 8:54 PM 

7:21, excellent post. don't know why some folks (translation: posers) can't do their own research to confirm facts.

Anonymous
(no login)

May 27 2013, 9:04 PM 

Still waiting to see the response....im guessing he wont post one...lol

Anonymous
(no login)

May 28 2013, 9:16 AM 

Response to which post genius?

Anonymous
(no login)

Adviser Or Agent

June 5 2013, 9:34 AM 

There seems to be a lot of confusion out there about what a family Adviser is, and what an Agent is. When do you hire one of these Advisers or Agents?

An Adviser and an Agent are very different in one key area, and that is how they are to be compensated for services. This particular difference is that you can play NCAA hockey one day or not. The difference in payment is the difference between you being considered and amateur player or pro player.

An agent usually works for “future profits”. Future returns are paid by commission or a set fee, but not paid when the services are rendered. Agents will work for future revenues with the players, if they feel that the players “pay” a day in the NHL. One million dollars per year NHL contract is to pay the agent somewhere in the vicinity of fifty thousand dollars per year. For the agent, it is prudent to work to get as many top prospects as possible under contract and hope that some will make NHL each season.

Many times though, the Agent only has time to speak on the phone or visit with the top prospects he is working with. Often it is the player who does not develop as quickly or get the “hype” that is left feeling as though the agent does not care. I see this a lot in major junior hockey.

An Adviser works for a contracted amount of pay. The adviser is paid a certain rate for a certain set of services. Future earnings for the player are not considered in an Adviser agreement. An Adviser must treat every family he works with in the same way. One consistent level of service, under one consistent fee structure.

Advisors can not change to give their fee structure preferential treatment to a player over another player on the basis of athletic ability. This means no discounts to one player over another because he may be seen as a higher level prospect.

The Adviser and the Agent do much of the same type of work. The conversation with the players, teams, coaches and scouts. Presentation of the players the best possible way, the player to the next level.

The NCAA has strict rules against Agents working with NCAA bound athletes. If youre an amateur player and you want to play NCAA hockey, you can not have an Agent. Yes, I know that in years past the NCAA has turned a blind eye to many Agents saying they are acting as Advisers. If you look now though, nearly every NCAA program asks the student athlete if they are working with an adviser. The USHL asks these questions, and many junior teams in the United States now ask this question. They are asking this question because some schools, junior teams and the NCAA have developed a list of Agents that say they are Adviser when they are not.

The lists are of Agents who tell the player not to worry about payment until after they go pro. This is an Agent relationship. An Adviser will never say this because they know, understand and follow the NCAA rules. Services must be paid for, and pricing of services can not differ from player to player

The NCAA is no longer looking the other way when it comes to Agents. If you are caught not paying for services, you will have to back pay for all services rendered as well as serve a suspension. Is that worth taking the risk?

If you are a Major Junior player looking for advice and can not play NCAA hockey, get an Agent. Get all you can for free. If you are looking to play NCAA hockey, get an Adviser and pay for it. Get caught taking anything for free and prepare for the consequences.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 9:44 AM 

Great post differentiating between the two and the implications of payment.

Thanks!

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 10:38 AM 

Correct 100 percent. I guess it depends on what there is to gain from the advisers point of view. If they are only there to 'advise' and thats all, then 3k a year is fine. As I said previously, our adviser/agent charged us $500 a year, he charged every player that fee, and looking at his roster of NCAA guys, hes probably better at his job then most. Once our first son signed with a team in Europe, he gifted us back the 3-4k he charged us over the 4 years. He does this with everyone, because hes not in it to make a dime off of parents, he believes in the kids.

I just have an issue with people who claim to be all in with your kid collecting a significant pay check. If he was 'all in' and truly believed in your kids ability (as they all say), then they should prove it. Why charge 3k when others charge 500? I just feel alot of agents/advisers are in it for the wrong reasons.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 10:46 AM 

Up to the parents to decide whether they are receiving "value" at whatever price, no?

Caveot emptor.

P.S. Assuming the guy charging $3k also refunds the fees, no harm no foul.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 10:48 AM 

^ I guess your adviser is or soon to be on NCAA black list. If NCAA finds out about advisor fee refund once pro-contract signed then you may end up paying back to school all the scholarship your son received plus interest.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 10:51 AM 

Well, he is a lawyer, former NCAA athlete, im going to guess that he knows the rules about what he is and is not allowed to do better then a dad on here.

Point remains, how can he charge 500 and have NHL clients, when others charge 3k and their biggest name player is some kid in the OJHL? Dont they trust the player is as good as they say he is?

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 10:54 AM 

^ no one knows all, including lawyers

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 10:56 AM 

10:51am Which advisor are you talking about that charges $3k annually and has no NHL clients?

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 12:03 PM 

I don't want to publically 'out' anyone, not the point. My 97 (4th round pick) was approached by 4 agencies (we already had one). Three were going to do it with little to no yearly fees if we choose to go the NCAA route. The fourth, lead by a former NHL player, offered us everything at 3k. Even if my son signed with an OHL team, that fee would remain. When asked why some advisers/agents offer more opportunities for smaller fees, the reply was a simple 'that's our business model'.

I still struggle to figure out why that 'group' on one hand claimed that our kid could be a legitimate NHL player, yet on the other hand want $$$ up front. If you think thats they case, shouldn't you care more about the NHL commissions. My kid wont make the NHL, they know that, but they suggest he will to get us to sign on the dotted line. Its double talk.

There are great advisors out there, and there are dishonest ones. Do your research, if some group comes to you and suggests that they think your kid is the next NHL star but want to charge you 3k to represent him, you should quickly realize what their true motives are, your cheque, not the kid.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 12:05 PM 

Hmmm, my son's Advisor's charge if the goal is NCAA, but once they sign an OHL contract there is no fee.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 12:11 PM 

Thats the way it should be. The NCAA fee should be minimal as well, just enough to keep them eligible. 3-5k is access and greed...

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 12:28 PM 

Word of advice, everyone's definition of "reasonable" is different.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 1:05 PM 

It is, but there needs to be scope. When most groups ask for a small fee of 500 to 1000, but the other asked for 3500 regardless of OHL or NCAA, we can kind of understand what the motivation is there.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 1:14 PM 

Presumably the market will correct if warranted.

P.S. Everyone is in it for the money, one way or another. Don't kid yourself.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 1:19 PM 

Well, thats fine, but it depends on what the sales job is. That 'group' seems to attract undrafted 16 and 17 year old's, whose parts feel the nee to pay a fee to get them a Jr A spot, which I find odd. They didn't even have an NHLPA certified agent yet where saying how my kid (again, not going to the NHL) may get a contract in 2 years. How can they say that without actually having a certified agent on staff?

Is there a market for it, sure, but there is a market for a lot of things that we shouldn't be selling.

I agree 100 percent, every agent is in it for the money, but the difference is whose money. Are they in it for the NHL/AHL/Euro contract $$$, or are they in it for the parents fees? One seems legit, the other seems slimy.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 5 2013, 1:28 PM 

What exactly is slimy if they tell you up-front how much they are charging and the services they will provide? Is it less slimy for your son's coach to charge you for privates?

You chose to go with someone else.

Not having an NHLPA certified Agent or any OHL/AHL/NHL clients may simply suggest they are a newer just off the ground agency.

We dealt with a an agency with no cost in my son's minor midget year. They had plenty of OHL and NHL clients. We paid nothing, and frankly got nothing.

In Major Midget we paid a nominal amount to a newer agency and they have been terrific. In fact, they have encouraged my son to go OHL (whereby their fees will end) but my son is adamant his goal is a D1 scholly.

To each their own.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 6 2013, 10:12 AM 

Not to say many of these post are erroneous but having had a son just recently gone through this process I must say that I have never come across so called advisors looking for upfront fees. We met with around 8 agencies all of whom explained how they work and all of whom stated that they only get paid if and when a professional contract is signed. Actually most of them do not even mandate that you commit to them once you are in a position to sign a player/agent agreement. Their objective is to work well with you during this early stage to place themselves in a favourable position if and when your son decides he needs an agent to act on his behalf.

The agency we ended up going with exposed him to both the NCAA option and the OHL route and did not push him one way or another. And while they did do behind the scene work to promote him with NCAA schools they made sure that we were the ones scheduling school visits so as not to be perceived as "offering services" as per NCAA regulations.

I would be very weary of any agencies offering these type of services for a fee. If your boy actually has potential there are all kinds of agencies out there who will help out for free, with the hope of an eventual payoff when he signs a pro contract, if he shows little or no potential then maybe hiring a PR group at a fee could help? Your choice.

As an aside, now that my son has decided upon his preferred route and an "offer" has been signed we did give our "advisor" a small token of appreciation for his work. This was much appreciated, but not required or expected.

Anonymous
(no login)

June 6 2013, 10:15 AM 

"I would be very weary of any agencies offering these type of services for a fee. If your boy actually has potential there are all kinds of agencies out there who will help out for free, with the hope of an eventual payoff when he signs a pro contract, if he shows little or no potential then maybe hiring a PR group at a fee could help? Your choice. "

Thats been my point all along. Why claim that they think you kid can be a pro but demand fees at the same time. Shouldn't they want the pro contract? The answer is easy, because they want the $$$. If they truly believed in your kid, they fees should be almost non-existent, not into the 4 figures.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 10 2013, 1:31 PM 

If you pay nothing you get nothing. Who in hell works for free? A good agent works hard to get you somewhere but he or she needs to make a living.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 10 2013, 8:21 PM 

'If you pay nothing you get nothing. Who in hell works for free? A good agent works hard to get you somewhere but he or she needs to make a living.'

They make money off pro contracts. The best ones already have guys in the NHL who have contracts, they pay the bills. The Minor Midget kids dont pay because they are roll of the dice guys. Agents are gambling they will be NHLers.

The only reason you have to pay is if your not good enough to be rep'd by those guys, and the companies that are willing to rep you have no NHL players. They survive off of the fees, not the potential earnings. If they truly believed your kid was good enough to go pro, they wouldnt charge you more then $300 or so a year. If they are charging more then that, they don't believe what they are saying.

Anonymous
(no login)

"Need to Make a Living"

July 15 2013, 12:36 PM 

1:31 - Need to make a living - you can do nothing for these kids that they cannot do themselves. If you were a professional, you would guide them in the right direction, and bank on one of them making it - that is why you put the time and energy into. If you want to make a living go get a job and stop feeding off the back s of kids hopes.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 15 2013, 12:38 PM 

The only difference is a bigger agency can provide service gratis because they are being supported by the big-time NHL paying players....it's all about where in the evolutionary cycle the agency is, nothing more.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 15 2013, 12:41 PM 

just to add to that, bigger agencies will not waste their time on kids without potential so that should be a sign right there.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 15 2013, 12:54 PM 

"If you want to make a living go get a job and stop feeding off the back s of kids hopes."

There you go being a mother hen again. These kids have parents who presumably look out for them. If they believe they are getting value for their money, who are you to question it?

Anonymous
(no login)

July 25 2013, 5:23 PM 

Advisors are a joke. Agents can actually help if you have talent. A very dumb thread for vrery dumb people.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 25 2013, 5:35 PM 

Before you insult people you may want to check your post for typos.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 29 2013, 9:10 PM 

We hired an "advisor" and regret it. The guy is useless and does nothing I already wasn't for my kid. Total waste of money...

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2013, 9:14 AM 

Agents will approach you if your kid is good enough. If you're approaching them, they're thinking "80/20".

20% are talented, 80% are kidding themselves, but you're not going to stop the 80% from spending their money on false hopes, so it may as well be with you.

Anonymous
(no login)

July 30 2013, 9:17 AM 

This horse has clearly been beaten into submission.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 10:48 AM 

So many of them at the marlies tourney. Question: should we have to pay to have representation at bantam level?

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 11:00 AM 

The reality is that it makes no difference whether you are drafted or not. What is important is to be a good player at the time when the team you hope to make is looking for your type. There are countless stories of players who get drafted and go nowhere. Just as there are stories of players who never got drafted but continued to work and develop as a player and had success. The problem with the draft is that it destroys the dream for many kids who believe they aren't good enough because they didn't get drafted and quit. That's the real shame.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 11:33 AM 

They approach you

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 2:21 PM 

a friend of mine, his kid was drafted. was a super star in minor midget. picked for prospect team, multiple points in every game... Got drafted in round twelve then traded before he even went to the camp. from that trade went to the new teams camp. From there was demoted to a junior B team, from there cut and played midget elite tier 1. now? Never had an advisor. point being an advisor wouldn't have stopped what happened in the future. This kid was good. Advisors can hype kids all they want, in the end is a scout doesn't make the right decision, their job is on the line. Scouts can make only so many mistakes, advisors go on to their next client. Telling their previous clients; 'I tried'.

a great deal of kids just stop playing this game.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 4:12 PM 

Do not pay anyone a dime. Research the firms and make sure they have credentials. If they are a legit business they absorb the cost of "marketing" the client.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 6:59 PM 

you are right.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 7:10 PM 

We were told it was common for agency's to charge administration fees? Now that I think about it, paying an agency at bantam age an administration fee doesn't interfere with NCAA eligibility does it?

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 7:16 PM 

There is no certification to become an advisor. You can even call yourself an agent and have no formal training. Be very cautious and never open your wallet. If your kid is that good and of the 1-15th round, he will be drafted. If he is not he won't. An advisor will not get your kid drafted higher.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 7:19 PM 

Then there is no point to their existence

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 7:25 PM 

My son's agent sometimes pimps him on here. I know it's him, I wish he would stop saying he is going first overall, it's embarrassing me.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 8:24 PM 

Advisors and agents are slime. They promise to promote and get your kid noticed. They do up info sheets on him/her and of which do nothing because you cant make a GM read an info sheet on a kid. And what ohl GM will read about a bantam kid even if you can get the info sheet in front of them? Save your money for power skating. All your doing is putting a few hundred dollars into some wannabe's pocket, who knows nothing about hockey or advising or scouting, except from what he has learned from the years his kids have been playing.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 10:24 PM 

you don't pay

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 11:35 PM 

Never pay for advisory or agency representation.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 28 2013, 11:50 PM 

forget about it

time has changed, if your kid is good you will get good/fair offers

if not, then your kid was not worth anyone's time

reality sets in

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 12:55 AM 

When do they start looking?

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 9:32 AM 

Who are the guys from Scouts.ca ?
Also friend of ours have this firm Pacfic 4 advising them? Never heard of these guys!

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 9:40 AM 

Scout.ca just evaluate. Pacific is a newer company and have assembled a strong team

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 11:03 AM 

Scout.ca credible, up to date articles and information. Suspect some of information is fed by wannabe scouts however.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 11:17 AM 

We talked to a Pacific guy and were not comfortable having to pay a set fee for their gas and phone charges. We deferred.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 11:37 AM 

http://www.totalsportsmgmt.com/pro-hockey/

This will put things in perspective.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 11:42 AM 

Why look here. Don't be lazy. Go to google and search player agents. Do your homework people.

http://thehockeygroup.net/hockey-2/

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 11:44 AM 

http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2012/02/how-to-hockey-agents/

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 11:47 AM 

http://jrhockeyrecruit.com/2012/12/interview-peter-baptista-of-points-west-sports-entertainment-hockey-agent/

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 11:49 AM 

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/02/01/the-prospect-part-8-agents-escalate-junior-into-business

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 12:03 PM 

http://www.thehockeysource.tv/sectionsourceknowledge/agents.php

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 1:32 PM 

All the player agents listed in the NHLPA directory - is that it? We were told that a head of a company was a player agent but his name is not on the list?

Anonymous
(no login)

December 29 2013, 4:27 PM 

That is because he is not an agent. Anyone can call themselves an agent or advisor. As long as there are dumb parents out there there will always be agents and advisors taking their money

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 12:37 AM 

You have no clue

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 1:58 AM 

If he isn't listed by the NHLPA as an agent his is nothing.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 8:30 AM 

Very interesting thread. I did do a bit of research and there are many calling themselves NHL player agents and they are not part of the NHLPA. Big joke and big money grab feeding off the hopes and dreams of parents and kids alike. Is there a refund when you do not get the kids drafted???

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 9:23 AM 

The business of hockey has become very slimey, and permeates the sport to the core. Sports agencies have become a big part of the problem because of increased competition for top players, it has become a lottery where the agencies pick up as many players as possible as soon as possible. The problem with all this is that at 14 or 15 years old, players are slotted into the pecking order and the marketing machine starts working at keeping them there. So early growth kids are rewarded and the hype starts, OHL scouts are not immune to all the little tricks used to convince them that the player signed with an agency is the best of the best.Most of the time they are but more and more players with real talent are being missed as the emphasis on having an OHL ready body at 14 or 15 is a higher criteria for agents than a player having real talent and potential. It works against the long-term athlete development model and the end result is a watered down pool of players at 18 to 20 years old, which is the pool the NHL is looking at. You will see less and less of Canada's talent playing in the NHL as years pass. It's a 'catch 22' for the agencies and a gamble but as long as they reap enough financial rewards it will continue and Canada's position in the world stage of hockey will decline.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 9:41 AM 

8:30 / 9:23

You never pay for an "agent" until your kid signs a professional contract. So your only worry at this point is in determining whether the agent is reputable, part of the NHLPA, etc. I don't see the problem in getting someone on your side to do a little pimping for you.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 10:44 AM 

It is a lot more than a little pimping and the problem is agencies are signing kids earlier and earlier and basing their judgement on players on the wrong criteria for a large part. Once a kid is in their agency he is considered an asset and they will work to protect their assets, they have scouts ears and they use useless sites like this one and Scout.ca to promote their assets names, at the expense of other players. Too often the marketing machine promotes the player that was early growth and stopped developing, while teammates passed them by are ignored. I know of several examples in the '98 age group of players represented by reputable agencies that are promoted ad infinitum to scouts when they are not even the best at their position on their teams anymore, it is business driven. Agencies should stay out of minor hockey altogether, they are simply not needed at that stage.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 11:32 AM 

I think you overstate the impact of advisors. Scouts watch the games. They aren't mass consumers fooled by advertising. They will know when an advisor is feeding them BS.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 1:50 PM 

they don't use those sites

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 9:06 PM 

Interesting read this thread. Took a look at some of the agencies and some are obvious high end. TSM, Newport Octagon. All with registered player agents. Most notably, they do not charge. Not until the client is earning. As a long standing hockey guy (over 30 years junior experience) I have seen kids get taken in by new upstarts in the industry. Promises of OHL, QMJHL, CJHL - when they would have or would not have made it without them. Stick to your gut, believe in your kid, and believe that if you have to promote your kid through a paid advisor/agent, then, unfortunately, he was and is probably never going to make it. Let the buyer beware.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 9:28 PM 

It's a long standing truism that the "squeaky wheel gets the grease".

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 9:31 PM 

In other words.........????

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 10:04 PM 

Don't need "other words". The quote speaks for itself.

Anonymous
(no login)

Holy crap!!

December 30 2013, 10:06 PM 

For the folks in the Oshawa Whitby and Clarington zones - take a look at Director of Scouting/Recruitment - Ontario for Pacific 4 Sports. Holy crap!!!!

http://pacific4sports.com/

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 10:53 PM 

who is this?

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 11:23 PM 

What about those family advisors who charge a fee to help you get a scholarship from an NCAA school? Does paying a fee create a problem?

Anonymous
(no login)

December 30 2013, 11:23 PM 

DA has a very checkered past and you should stay away
Knows shit

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 8:52 AM 

Can anyone tell us how the selection process works for the G's prospects game ?

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 9:07 AM 

No one is going to take DA seriously. No way.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 9:21 AM 

Advisors know people that parents don't, the superstars don't need to look for an agent, the agents look for them, the rest need an agent's help to promote them because the difference between player A and B is negligible so how do they pick? They have relationships with the advisors that's how. Been through it and this is our experience.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 9:33 AM 

enlighten us on DA

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 9:55 AM 

Who hired DA as a scout? April fools day is months away

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 10:31 AM 

9:21 you should see how stupid you look from the other side, there might be one, maybe two superstars in minor hockey every few years, that's it.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 12:42 PM 

9:21: You are crazy. An advisor is not going to show the kids character. The teams have the central scouting list and they work from that.They talk to the coaches, other coaches in the league and they watch games. The 400+ on the central scouting list may not have the right hierarchy after the first couple rounds, but they do have the right kids.
Just another poor attempt for an advisor/agent to try to embed themselves into the parents psych.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 2:54 PM 

Really Pacific 4. Do you know DA? Wouldn't know a hockey player.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 3:21 PM 

Who is DA? What kind of scout is he?
What does he look like so we stay away

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 3:37 PM 

Do your research

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 3:41 PM 

I did my research and found out 3:37 is gay. But that's cool.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 3:59 PM 

Who and why or what is a DA?
I remember his kid and hope its not same man

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 4:29 PM 

Why wouldn't you look up the spelling of the word "mentality" before posting it on your website? And why do you have to become a member to see who the prominent clients are? They can't be that spectacular if that's the case

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 5:40 PM 

That is the way DA works.Doesn't give a shit. Just wants to take the money and run. Great question a bout the client list,.

Anonymous
(no login)

December 31 2013, 8:39 PM 

P
S

Is the best agency around !

Anonymous
(no login)

January 1 2014, 12:02 PM 

no need for these guys. parents who pay are just grasping for that 'final chance' to have their kids drafted.
these guys will tell parents anything they want;
-your not paying me a fee, just gas money
-i don't take any money, just expenses
-just paying staff to make up your son's 'info' sheet.

yeah, parents just want/think their kid will make it to the show.

you don't pay EVER from legitimate agents

or you can pay people to do right ups and say how great your kid is. we all know those coaches with the side business. pay them 20000 or more (whatever they can squeeze from a parent) and your kid will be the greatest player ever.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 1 2014, 2:36 PM 

12:02, you don't pay an advisor anything if he's reputable. Their payoff comes in the distant future if your kid makes a living playing hockey. If he doesn't, they get nothing.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 1 2014, 6:26 PM 

man there were some sketchy agents/reps at the marlies tourny

Anonymous
(no login)

January 1 2014, 6:28 PM 

Big sell. They tell you they have scouted your son - call or email comes right after a major tournament - mommy and daddy feel all warm and good inside because their kid, thought not the best on the team, was noticed by a "scout/recruiter". That is the trigger. They ask if they can call them to discuss representation and BAM - next thing you know the parents are signing up their kid.

You wouldn't get sold on duct cleaning, carpet cleaning or window sales people who call and canvas you through telemarketing, but we are so willing to believe in the hockey dream, that we buy in, and bring false hope to our kids, our most valued commodity, and expose them to the clutches of these scoundrels.

Protect your kid. Let him play a wonderful sport. If he is good he will be found. And you will certainly NOT have to pay a penny for any services, that will certainly not affect the outcome of his hockey "career".

Anonymous
(no login)

January 1 2014, 6:31 PM 

if agents are coming now, more will come later. take your time!

Anonymous
(no login)

January 1 2014, 6:44 PM 

i gather reputable agents work for an agency...something like Real Estate Agents who work for Remax

who is out there for hockey players specifically

Anonymous
(no login)

January 1 2014, 6:55 PM 

Dec. 31 8:39 - if PS4 is so good why cant your read their client list. Why do you have to register - which by the way does not work. This is not the type of agency you want. Octagon, Newport, TSM, The Sports Corp.

Do your homeework.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 8:36 AM 

The common message in this thread is do what you want but do not pay anyone for your minor hockey player.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 8:41 AM 

PS4 is making a bad name for its self with Dino on board

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 1:25 PM 

DA - He is the biggest liar. Do not believe this guy. And don't give him money.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 1:36 PM 

snake oil sale reps that's all they are. Facts are only a very few make it at draft time. The kids get who drafted, but do they play? The draft just gives you a better chance at the camp. By the way, a great deal of players are invited to camp, and they aren't drafted. The draft just gives your kid a better chance at the camp. The club believes you can make the team. That's it.

Do you really think these agents have any pull with a club.

invites to camp are also a big thing. That would be better. No club owns your rights.

anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 1:45 PM 

If your kid is good then a reputable agent will approach you in due time. Yes they do approach you in Bantam it starts that early but usually the top kids get that attention in Bantam You don't need to pay sign or do anything other than listen. Anyone who pays an advisor or anyone like that should give their head a shake. Reputable agents don't ask for a dime. They only take kids they believe will be able to earn an income playing hockey that's when they make their money. Believe what you will but good agents have lots of connections and can help get your son through the door. Sometimes that's all it takes. The rest is up to the player. Still need to be good to succeed. But sometimes you need that chance. Good agents watch players multiple times before they approach you.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 2:00 PM 

PS4 is making a bad name for itself in these parts

Do not trust these guys

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 2:59 PM 

NO KIDDING

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 3:13 PM 

PS4 (Play Station 4) is that bad?

I got one to my kid for Christmas and he loves it.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 3:29 PM 

P**s off !!!

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 6:30 PM 

Looked a little further into PS 4. Says the owner is a player agent yet his name is not on the recognised player agent list posted by NHLPA? Is there another list?

Anonymous
(no login)

January 2 2014, 10:33 PM 

InterestIng finding !
Stay clear of this firm

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 7:21 AM 

This is crazy. Are there really that many parents out there that can get sucked into an agreement with and advisor and/or agent where you have to pay at the Bantam age? What is the compelling "line" these people sell to the parents that make them buy in?

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 7:21 AM 

This is crazy. Are there really that many parents out there that can get sucked into an agreement with and advisor and/or agent where you have to pay at the Bantam age? What is the compelling "line" these people sell to the parents that make them buy in?

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 8:03 AM 

Looked a little further into PS 4. Says the owner is a player agent yet his name is not on the recognised player agent list posted by NHLPA? Is there another list?

******Come on DA I know you read this stuff as I saw you***

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 12:16 PM 

i do read thisstuff. but my focus is on my team. suncounty 99's is a great team to be part off.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 2:28 PM 

If you pay $200-$300 DA is your man.
LMAO

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 2:33 PM 

DA has not asked us for a single cent

You suckers if you paid anything to this firm or man

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 3:33 PM 

If he hasnt asked he will. If he doesnt ask then it aint DA from Oshawa!

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 4:03 PM 

Lol. Suckers all of you
This man is preying on your kids dream

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 4:06 PM 

In fact this guy has TWO companies: P4S and DCA. Wow. he will get you coming and going.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 8:40 PM 

OK. Where is DA from? Several DA minor hockey. Including at least 2 who are agents.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 3 2014, 10:16 PM 

Oshawa Ontario. Just ask anyone there about him.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 5 2014, 10:49 AM 

Do your homework.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 5 2014, 10:57 AM 

Agents are only helping by getting your kids name on twitter and hockey boards and any other social media vehicle you can think of. If you pimp a player hard enough and long enough his stock rises and there may be a pay off in the end if you pick a few of the right ones. What a shit way to make a living!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

January 6 2014, 10:35 AM 

And yet DA surfaces again in a nasty hockey scheme! This man is not to be trusted. Two faced and will not give a damn about you or your kid.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 6 2014, 11:08 AM 

Dino take a hike. We are on to you and PS4

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 8:47 AM 

Should be a big night for these guys to prey on the hopes of the parents and kids at the GTHL all star game. Big joke.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 2:24 PM 

Pro Vision - no charge to represent my son from MM onwards. And they
provide us with direction, advice and educational planning.

How can other agencies charge money? If yours is you are with the wrong advisors.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 2:30 PM 

If NCAA is the goal, you should be paying some sort of fee to stay on-side with the NCAA gestapo.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 2:35 PM 

Thanks. Had heard that if you were paying a fee it might be an issue with NCAA. Something about players not being allowed to have agents.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 2:42 PM 

I believe that is why one is referred to as an agent and another simply as advisor. Very important that your "advisor" is fully up to speed on all paraments in order to ensure there is no eligility issues for NCAA.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 2:43 PM 

See web-link below from College Hockey Inc. Any confusion I would suggest you contact them by phone, very helpful.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/important-answers-family-advisors

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 2:43 PM 

Thanks again

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 4:10 PM 

Copied from College Hockey Inc. - above posters link.

***************************************************************************************************************************
Do not accept gifts of any kind from an advisor, including money, meals, travel expenses, equipment, etc. Do not enter into an agreement – either signed or verbally – to have an advisor represent the player as an agent in the future. Do not ask the advisor to market your son’s abilities to professional teams. Do plan to compensate the advisor for their services; failure to do so may be considered the player receiving a gift from the advisor, which would be an NCAA violation. This compensation shouldn’t be extravagant – do not expect that one advisor is more valuable simply because they charge more. You don’t always get what you pay for. - See more at: http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/important-answers-family-advisors#sthash.
**************************************ABOVE********************************************************************************

Above it states that you should NOT ask the advisor to market your son's abilities to professional team???? Does that mean that at Bantam and Minor Midget the advisor or agent cannot promote the player to OHL teams? I heard somewhere that the OHL is considered a pro league by NCAA as they pay their players?

Does sending out information sheets to OHL teams constitute promotion?

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 4:34 PM 

98 Marlies D dad will cry just to get an agent.

He spends all day crying to the mods now.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 4:47 PM 

4:10pm Call CHI and they will be happy to answer all your questions.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 6:32 PM 

4:34, you are the only one crying MD, but no one cares.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 7 2014, 10:38 PM 

DC comics is at it again.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 8 2014, 10:07 AM 

Anyy signings out of the All star game last night!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

January 8 2014, 12:01 PM 

Top kids already have representation

Anonymous
(no login)

January 8 2014, 2:43 PM 

Dino has them captured! LMAO.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 8 2014, 3:01 PM 

He is the biggest loser and user there is. He is a dog.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 8 2014, 3:49 PM 

Is he the talk guy with the tight short perm?

Anonymous
(no login)

January 8 2014, 5:03 PM 

he is the loser from Oshawa. Now trying to pimp himself as an agent and advisor! Wouldn't know a hockey puck if it hit him square between the eyes.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 8 2014, 5:10 PM 

Many caught on to him fast
PS4 wise to cut him loose as word is spreading fast about him

Anonymous
(no login)

January 9 2014, 1:21 PM 

By paying any fee and signing any agreement, you have negated your NCAA eligibility.

If you have paid any nominal fee and your resume has gone out to an OHL team from the agency and then you decide you want to go the US school route - ineligible.

Beware.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 9 2014, 1:27 PM 

Actually, by accepting free advice from an advisor, you have accepted a gift and therefore have negated your NCAA eligibility.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 9 2014, 1:32 PM 

by being on N54 and receiving advice/ a gift from N54 Fucktards you have become ineligible for the NCAA

Anonymous
(no login)

January 9 2014, 1:39 PM 

the gift has to be worth something to be a gift

Anonymous
(no login)

January 9 2014, 2:04 PM 

Talent gets overlooked if you do not pay an agent/advisor to promote your kid. Scouts are only interested in players who have agents because then it makes them think "this kid is special" regardless of actual talent. Hockey is about $$$$$$$$$$

Anonymous
(no login)

January 9 2014, 2:05 PM 

Bullshit.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 10 2014, 3:08 PM 

The problem with hockey - too many of these clowns come in and feed lies to parents and make false promises and raise alot of hype when the truth of it is, their player will not make any pro league and if they go to NCAA they will pay a fortune as am International student.
We have a better education system in Canada.
Dont believe these guys.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 10 2014, 3:13 PM 

3:08 Crawl out from under your rock you fool. Educate yourself.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 10 2014, 5:02 PM 

Who the fyck is this Dino A of ps4 ????
What a weasel , knows shit

Anonymous
(no login)

January 10 2014, 5:34 PM 

good luck to all.
so much wasted money.
dreams are better when you are asleep...
they cost much less

Anonymous
(no login)

January 10 2014, 6:28 PM 

Bad rap

Anonymous
(no login)

January 10 2014, 7:43 PM 

Advisors can be good but you need to weed out the trash from the good. Our advisor has helped us a ton both with sound hockey advice and helping my son get an education package that is much better than the standard. Be careful with the former OHL players that didn't make it who are now glorified babysitters and coaches from the stands. look for a real advisor with a background in law or finance who can actually provide value beyond holding pom poms at major bantam and minor midget games. These guys go after 50 players each year and just treat them like lottery tickets.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 10 2014, 8:50 PM 

Dino has a quota of 100 players set by PS4
He is short by 14 till he gets his bonus

Be very careful

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 8:17 AM 

How much do these guys charge or want?

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 9:05 AM 

Pacific wanted $250 and a signed agreement from us for representation. Fee was for phones, gas and marketing. We said no.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 9:30 AM 

No way ! Is this allowed? Does it effect a players NCAA eligilbity ?

How many suckers did this Dino sign up ??

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 9:57 AM 

No firm including P S 4 will ask for money from a 16 year old

So spread your lies some where else as this firm never asked us for a cent
Dino is first class and send me weekly updates and comes to my sons games minimum once per week sometimes 2
First class firm who asks no one for cash for ANYTHING

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 10:01 AM 

As dino says . " he does this for the love of the game and side role for his boys university to help with their recruiting

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 10:12 AM 

They must have turned down this guy

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 10:17 AM 

Thanks for the warning

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 1:05 PM 

P4S deals with a few kids I know and they never asked for any money.

They must have turned down this guy down so that's why he's so angry with them.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 1:07 PM 

Well, if your kid is not good, agents don't want him.

Advisors want any kid, as long you pay them 2000$

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 4:14 PM 

9:57 + 10:01 Is Dino himself. No way he gets to games twice a week. Didnt even show show at the GTHL All Star game last week that he claims he has clients in!

Biggest liar going - maybe he is right for this business after all. LMAO.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 6:28 PM 

If you don't have an agent or advisor your kid is definitely behind on getting a chance. You may not like it, but it's now an important part of the business.

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 7:10 PM 

Load of crap. Pure and simple fear mongering. 98 player needs an agent.

Ask Dustin Brown how agents worked out for him!!

Anonymous
(no login)

January 11 2014, 7:13 PM 

So after all this discussion, basically it comes down to who you know and not how good the kid actually is.
I can't believe this political way actually exists .... In minor hockey??!! ;-)

Current Topic - Agent / Advisors    
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement