[INDEX]

Return to Index  

MINIMUM FUNDING

December 12 2010 at 3:20 AM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

From Alcor a short time ago...

To help ensure optimal procedures will be available at time of cryopreservation, Alcor members are encouraged to plan for future increases in cryopreservation funding requirements in accordance with their life expectancy.  In short, if you are not funded at or above current cryopreservation minimums at the time of death, you may not receive an optimum cryopreservation.

http://www.alcor.org/blog/?p=1419#more-1419

My comment... This effectively cancels the grandfathering tradition in no uncertain terms. I might as well stop paying membership dues-- which were supposed to reserve my 50K neuro grandfathered position. Membership now means nothing.

I could simply leave my inadequate 50K policy with Alcor and allow them to treat me at any level they wish... without expectation of anything... because they promise nothing other than to cover all their costs... no matter how bad my cryopreservation is.

This factor along with the increased dues for the second year in a row-- leads me to "optimize" my cryonics situation by converting to a PALM plan where I can leave the final funding to whatever I can leave Alcor in my estate through a will or trust... with a 50K Alcor-owned insurance policy down payment on my cryonics treatment that will not be increased for the rest of my life.

You can respond to this entry without logging in but you won't see it unless or until I approve it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]