[INDEX]

Return to Index  

GRANDFATHERED LOCAL MEMBER

December 12 2010 at 3:31 AM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

I emailed Jennifer Chapman, Alcor president this question....

I'm a 50K neuro. Am I slated for full treatment locally or is the neuro full treatment now 80K?

Her response...

Rick,

As it stands right now, I do not see any reason why a grandfathered local
member would not receive a full M22 vitrification cryoprotection, barring
some unforeseen obstacle.  ... More expensive practices could also come along in the future that will cost more, even for a local member.

Regards,
Jennifer Chapman
Executive Director
ALCOR FOUNDATION
877-462-5267 x 113 or 480-905-1906

My comment... this confirms that Alcor has no intention of keeping the grandfathering tradition. Either you're grandfathered or you're not. She wrote "more expensive treatments" would "cost more" even for a "local member"... when she meant "even for a grandfathered member". It's an incomprehensible response, actually. It's certainly not the type of response that sounds like grandfathering means anything to Alcor anymore.

The funding minimum problems described by Cplatt and RFrietas were turning points for me recently but what really irked me was the dues increase for the second year in a row. Those factors, combined with my thinking lately on age... and my savings... and the amount of money I've put into life insurance payments and membership payments... lead me to PALM. I don't want to put more membership money toward Alcor over the NEXT 20 years as I have for the first 20. I'd rather have the money invested for retirement. THAT is optimal for me.

You can respond to this entry without logging in but you won't see it unless or until I approve it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]