[INDEX]

Return to Index  

Alcor's statement is too general... they should have a chart.

December 21 2010 at 9:50 PM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

Response to MINIMUM FUNDING

Alcor could have created a chart... thinking about the rate of inflation, the rule of 27-- and the advance of technology... so that you could simply sign up and look at the chart of "life expectency" for your age... and the year you would be expected to deanimte... and the related amount of insurance you've have to buy as young as possible...

For example, a 34 year old in 1991 (me), could have looked at a life expectency chart... and seen that my deanimation would occur at 100, optimistically... in 66 years... so that given a rate of inflation--as graphed in recent articles by Platt and Frietas... you would expect the highest tech preservation to cost, say, $1,000,000 in 2057... the new member would be ADVISED to get a million in insurance now... and be looking at cash value curves ( in case he needs to cash out at some point)... then... Alcor could have "guaranteed" a product through the next 66 years with no problem... but with no guarantee of the most advanced treatment after 2057.

Even now, Alcor could sell cryonics that way.

You can respond to this entry without logging in but you won't see it unless or until I approve it.

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]