[INDEX]

Return to Index  

INFLATION/HIGHER TECH vs. ECONOMY OF SCALE

December 23 2010 at 11:40 AM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

CPlatt and Freitas talk about this issue of economy of scale never having occurred... in cryonics.. and that's what we though would eventually occur... permitting grandfathering. Instead, we see inflation and higher cost higher tech... but no economy of scale. In this way, the "cryonics gamble" I original took simply didn't pay off.

To stick with cryonics requires higher insurance consistent with inflation and higher priced higher tech at the end of my life expectency in 2057... with NO expectation of economies of scale... and NO large pool of funds from bequests and wills that preserves people equitably in a church that values everyone equally... and reanimates everyone with equal concern as human life. The ethos is not conducive to that direction... but I now see it as the only direction for me. If we can't contribute to a cryonics slush fund that all deanimated cryonics church members can draw on fast in an emergency... then we're not going to have cryonics for everyone... but only for a few select wealthy who can afford higher policies.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]