[INDEX]

Return to Index  

Matt's CI advice doesn't work without SA standby/transport-- making CI 28K plan pointless

December 24 2010 at 8:16 AM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

Response to DROPOUT thread in Cold Filter

Matt wrote

Also, you can move to Michigan. At CI, you can get a lifetime membership for $1,250, and cryopreservation is only $28,000. By your own account, you have already put in $20,000 into cryonics, and you still have your $50,000 life insurance policy. This means that your insurance policy is nearly double what is required by CI.

My comment...
This might be the case, but Rudi was pointing me to a CI/SA situation that covers SA standby/transport + CI using an upgraded 100K policy... I'll email Rudy and ask him about this further. Now that Max More is CEO of Alcor, I'll wait and see if there are going to be any policy changes. Max will preside over the Jan 7 board meeting where my PALM plan will be on the agenda. I just don't want to pay higher dues and I'd rather see the grandfathering reconfirmed... If these things are not dealt with, I'll do something more radical.

Matt's retort about my warnings about the economy were neither to Alcor specifically, nor anything I could specifically do anything about.. but have been in the nature of raising awarenss of the past 40 years of destruction of the economy... and generally what the solution is... he wrote
http://www.network54.com/Forum/291677/message/1293167896/Rick+Potvin%27s+response

As far as my position, I'm in no position to speculate on rare earth metals or anything else. We're all facing financial and industrial collapse together... Matt's survivalist tone indicates that he thinks he can survive a dark age. Good for him. The general picture is that most won't. And neither would cryonics. That's not "advice".. that's more of a warning about general conditions.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]