[INDEX]

Return to Index  

CPlatt's new funding minimum is FAR HIGHER than Alcor's current funding mins!!!

December 25 2010 at 6:09 AM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

Response to Funding gap calculation

Cplatt wrote

project Alcor's probable
funding minimum at the likely time of death

My comment... THIS IS AMAZING... this is an absolutely key insight... the "probably funding minimum at the LIKELY time of death"... THAT represents the TRUE minimum.

This corresponds to Wowk's idea of increasing amount of insurance 2X for every 20 years...

What it means is that those of us who are underfunded NOW... with 50K neuros... are in a HOPELESS and POINTLESS condition... financially.. with respect to what we're GOING to get... at likely time of death... and therefore the premiums and membership dues are a waste.... we're contributing to the organization without providing cryonics HOPE to ourselves... and Alcor knows this... and knew it all along!

No one wanted to increase minimums
unduly, because this would discourage people from joining.
unquote

My comment... BECAUSE THIS WOULD DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM JOINING??? Well... duh! I guess it would... I you sell cryonics by saying you'll need a TRUE MINIMUM... of... whatever amount... on a table of years....
1990 -- 50K
2000 -- 100K
2020 -- 250K
2050 -- 500K
.... and that your insurance needs to be in the amount that corresponds with your year of expected deanimation... then that would have been the intellectually honest thing to do... membership dues would have been paid over those ears as well.,... and the true "cost of cryonics" becomes too much for most people.. but it would be an honest assessment of the situation.

No log in needed at this time to post. Let's hear your story on your life insurance! The funding gap situation at Alcor is serious and demands everyone's attention.

This message has been edited by recreation from IP address 98.165.81.74 on Dec 25, 2010 6:15 AM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]