[INDEX]

Return to Index  

Inflation curves - and inflation adjusted forward prices....

December 26 2010 at 12:48 PM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

Response to INFLATION/HIGHER TECH vs. ECONOMY OF SCALE

Inflation curve
[linked image]

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=inflation+curve&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

OIL -- inflation adjusted curve
[linked image]

YIELD CURVE on an investment
[linked image]

RICK POTVIN'S MOTIVATION, FOCUS and FINANCING CURVE
[linked image]

CONSUMER PRICE INDEX
[linked image]

CPI since 1800
[linked image]

89% Decline of a Dollar's Purchasing Value since 1950 - GREAT ARTICLE
http://grandfather-economic-report.com/inflation.htm

LIFE INSURANCE YIELD CHART age 53 to 90
[linked image]

SAVING $500 per mo. age 30 to 80 at 8% yields 3.5 million
[linked image]

(So given that we have LIFE EXPECTENCIES of 80 or so... why did early cryonicists like me buy life insurance... why didn't we invest for a cryonic preservation instead? I don't know that answer.. unleess what I was thinking was that with LIFE insurance.... I'm covered immediately.... for cryonics... but is that a false line of thought... given that the odds of making to 80 or 70 were much much greater than dying... that therefore membership dues and life insurance installment payments (20K) COULD have been put in an investment account... even at a lower percent to yield a value concurrent with a INFLATION affected cryonics price down the road in 2057....??? Maybe I should start that process now... and CREATE a mechanism for QUICK TRANSFER of resultant money to a cryonics agency AT THE END... It's playing with odds... but then so is cryonics as an entire project playing with the odds in a different way... AND I would ALWAYS be in control of the money... )

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]