[INDEX]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

MEMBERSHIP DUES - going up and up and up.... I fold!!!

December 12 2010 at 4:16 PM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

I cancelled my Alcor membership as of Dec. 9 with a Membership Cancellation form sent to Cremeens -- but not just any old membership cancellation form... I MODIFIED it in a way unique in alcor history... and now Alcor will HAVE TO CREATE a new category of "customer"... the "future customer" who is NOT A MEMBER... the first one being ME.

More on the thinking of my MODIFIED MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION in this thread soon.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

At 53 years old, I "suddenly" have realized I'm in trouble....

December 12 2010, 4:22 PM 

My mind has gone through a PHASE SHIFT... somwhat like a POSITRONIC BRAIN might experience a CASCADE effect... My mind was sort of "warped out" of it's previous "mindset" (delusion)... and I recognize that I'm in BIG TROUBLE with respect to earnings, savings and investment in my later years from 50 to 100... given lifespan the way it is. Time is speeding up... subjectively... I no longer feel as though there is sufficient time.. I'm not "young"... anymore... WHAT THE HELL IS HaPPENING???

so.. that's the basis... for realizing that I PAID THOUSANDS of dollars in membership dues to Alcor (not to mention life insurance payments to my insurance co... which POLICY alcor holds)... I estimate roughtly 20K total for life ins and dues... to fund my cryonics policy.... 20K!!!!! --- that COULD have been used to buy silver... starting in 1991... which would have put me in a position of over 100K now... for my later years... and retirement or semi-retirement... something I only recently started being horrified about... never having really achieved financial success... the way I had hoped....

I began NOT being able to stomach writing more cheques to alcor for dues... in 2010, and fell behind in payments... finally realizing at the end of the year 2010 that Alcor would simply sent the account to a collection agency affecting my credit reating... so I paid them off... and THEN CANCELLED my membership... and INVENTED the PALM program....

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

I'm not paying another membership dues payment. That's it. I'm out.

December 26 2010, 10:03 AM 

My new years resolution.... for 2011... no more membership dues. I've had it. I think there ought to be way to sustain cryonics without it using bequests through wills and trusts. And it has to be transparent. I have to save more for my later years... I might even cash in my life insurance policy... and do all my cryonics stuff at the last minute... preplanned last minute... and unilateral.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

I'll likely take my 50K policy back and study it further.

December 26 2010, 2:48 PM 

I'm going to take my policy back-- even if Alcor votes to let me keep it with them... and study that policy a bit further. I never really understood "universal" life... as opposed to "whole life"... and I've been through a couple of policies in the past.

Leaving the policy with Alcor leaves me no control...

Quitting the Alcor membership will reduce my dues to nothing.

I have to go back to the drawing board... study the history of my life insurance policies... (there have been 4 of them)... and what happened in each case. I need to understand why a life insurance policy is better than simply saving the money or investing in-- say silver or something.

This all revolves around my latest insight that I won't likely need to be preserved until the end of my lifespan expectency... AND the fact that I have to cut costs all over the place. I'm not even paying for any Larouche publications anymore!!! That's how much I have to cut. I EVEN slowed down the internet bit rate... to pay less...

I think all hell is going to break loose very soon. I don't think cryonics or any of us will actually survive... because the ONLY solution to world prosperity is NOT happening.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

I may just cash the policy in and pay cash when I deanimate.

December 26 2010, 2:55 PM 

I probably won't need the policy for 50K if I just pay 50K cash when I deanimate. That way I can cash in the policy now... and quit paying dues. I'll study this further.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

Of course, 50K won't be enough anyway...

December 26 2010, 2:56 PM 

... .so.... ?

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

Henry Hirsch explains why I should not cash it in... yet.

December 26 2010, 9:36 PM 

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

Unilateral PreArranged Last Minute U-PALM is my choice today.

December 26 2010, 2:53 PM 

I want 100% control of all my funds... and life insurance.... until AFTER I am "pronounced" "dead".... then my will or trust will kick in... and the process of preservation can take place. I won't pay membership dues and no cryonics org will hold my life insurance policy (the company keeps refusing to give me info on my own policy since Alcor "owns" it-- I turned it over-- it sucks).

I'll UNILATERALLY "donate" my remains... hopefully finding an INTERIM way to prepare me for a cooldown... without deterioration.. which is the main problem in this entire process--

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]