[INDEX]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DOWN PAYMENT

December 20 2010 at 2:51 PM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

Down Payment Monthly Notice To Alcor

The enclosed invoice has been paid to Lincoln Life for a policy that Alcor holds and should continue to hold and own as a down payment on the cryopreservation of Rick Potvin, if and when that occurs. Given that the value of that $50,000 policy will tend to be of less relative value over time due to inflation and higher technology being made available, and given the lack of assurance of grandfathering in this member for a neuropreservation at 1991 prices when this policy was purchased for that reason, then this policy should be used in conjunction with Rick Potvin's will or trust to be updated and on file with Alcor-- or the aspect of the will that pertains to Alcor at least-- for the purpose of making available a higher money value for Alcor for "the rest of the cryopreseration" process, long term maintenance, and even reanimation attempts in the far future... since Rick Potvin has no separate reanimation account ferreted away like some other wealthier members.

Rick Potvin

You can respond to this entry without logging in but you won't see it unless or until I approve it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Unperson says the money won't be certified fast enough

December 21 2010, 4:07 AM 

unperson wrote.

But alcor does not have time to certify that you have the money saved up before they have to cryopreserve you. They have to cryopreserve you fast, but they need time to make sure the money is there.

You can respond to this entry without logging in but you won't see it unless or until I approve it.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Cryonics comes down to "fast" money ?

December 21 2010, 7:26 AM 

Unperson says Alcor has to "make sure the money is there"... but isn't that what a trust or a will does? Are wills and trusts reliable ENOUGH to do what I'm suggesting or are they not?

I would think it can be set up that way.. or at least the scenarios and details should be openly discussed.. on an open forum like this.

Respond to this message   

unperson philossifer
(Login unperson)

alcor could go broke if the trust/will has nothing for them

December 21 2010, 11:51 AM 

they could freeze someone based on documentation that does not represent reality. That is dangerous for Alcor.

There might be a solution. You could set up a trust, but they are expensive. Some trusts are irrevocable. But that takes a lawyer and lots of money. If you have that much money, you are not going to have trouble funding your cryopreservation anyway.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Trusts are inexpensive nowadays.

December 21 2010, 12:34 PM 

Mine is $600.

It's only as dangerous for Alcor to accept cases partly on bequest promises as is the ability to confirm the paperwork, in adavnce. It can be done. In fact, PALM requires it... I have no choice. I'm not going to increase my minimums or pay increasing dues. Wowk makes the point that the latest bequest could have covered both grandfathering and dues for the next span of time...

http://www.imminst.org/forum/topic/45324-alcor-finances/page__pid__442968#entry442968

Rick's public service message--
LIQUID DENTIST is a one stop defense system for not only your mouth, but your body; It aggressively attacks the germs and bacteria that cause oral diseases using concentrated microfine silver plus oxygen,

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

There must be a way to do trust/will verification in advance.

December 21 2010, 12:36 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]