[INDEX]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

RUDI HOFFMAN

December 23 2010 at 9:00 AM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

I've been working with Rudi Hoffman to figure out how to upgrade my cryonics insurance plan. He's insightful, funny and even recognizes my own sense of humor, whether it's light, twisted, wry, deadpan or dark. That's what you must have in a life insurance rep-- a wide variety of humors to deal with the crazy cryonics situation.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Rudi's approach and alternatives are "in the box"-- mine are "out of the box"

December 23 2010, 12:51 PM 

The current funding crisis demands something completely different in cryonics funding...

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

All believers should contribute to one big pool... and the pool funds anyone.

December 23 2010, 1:14 PM 

Financing cryonics individually won't work I don't think. We're going to have to operate like church to make it work. Believers will contribute to a pool... and draw on the pool when they deanimate. Everyone will be treated in a fast high tech manner... equally... Death used to be the "great equalizer"... the update to that will be that the deanimation will be the great equalizer. Reanimation will come from the same big funding pool... for everyone equally with only physical and technical considerations. All frozen human lives will be thought of as equal in right to exist. Individualized cryonics is obsolete...

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

My email to Rudi -- all cryonics out of my league.

December 23 2010, 1:52 PM 

I can't seem to get Yahoo mail to give me my email back ... but basically wrote Rudi and indicated I'm likely going to take my life ins policy back from alcor when they turn down my PALM plan.... and quit my membership.... all based on not wanting to spend a DIME more on cryonics... monthy... which I'd have to do with any alternative plan.

That leaves me a cryonics orphan. I want cryonics but I simply can't afford it anymore... through both world factors and personal factors I guess.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Rudi makes no secret of the fact he has 2M in life ins for family + cryonics

December 24 2010, 10:21 PM 

I don't know what percent of the 2M goes to cryonics-- but he's published this fact on Cryonet and openly refers to it-- which is okay. I guess 1M is for cryonics... which would take inflation and hi tech into account without economies of scale. "Optimal" cryonics insurance coverage to the end of one's life expectency ought to be on his order of magnitude...

Here's his site.
http://www.rudihoffman.com/

His video refers to "taking your assets with you"... and THAT is anti-thetical to my own position...which alarms me.

No log in needed at this time to post. Let's hear your story on your life insurance! The funding gap situation at Alcor is serious and demands everyone's attention.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Are Alcor members underfunded because they were undersold?

December 24 2010, 10:39 PM 

Rudi indicated to me that it would interesting to consider an inflation and technology increase-adjusted number for a "cryonics futures contract" that had a nominal amount of insurance consistent with the end of the life expectency of the member. He himself has, in my estimation, a million for his own cryonics plan... he's the same age as me.. 53.. life expectation... roughly in the 80's somewhere officially...

...BUT... he's actually selling LOW BALL figures... of 100 or 200 or 300,000. He's got 80% of the cryonics insurance business... and has been selling cryonics insurance since 1978... a long time... which means that (sorry Rudi, to point this out)... that he may have been INSTRUMENTAL in low balling... the real cost... of cryonics to buyers of cryonics insurance.. and thus part of the cycle that produced today's problem that CPlatt points to of the "funding gap"...

As a piano salesman, I understand what Rudi did. A lower priced sale is an "easier" sale. I could sell a $4000 piano more easily and often than a $20,000 piano. I often "assumed" that the prospect would be a candidate for the lower priced instrument... after qualifying them.. BUT... I do wonder what would have happened to my piano sales if I made no such assumption... ??? What if "Playing a Piano" REQUIRED a Grand Piano of at least 5'8" which would run at least $12,000 ... and that anything "less" was a "toy"???.. not worthy of the name "piano"? I don't know.

In the cryonics business... the ONLY product worth anything is "the grand piano"-- isn't it? Anything less... is a mere semblance of cryonics... and Rudi proves that personally as having bought the $1M nominal amount. Was Rudi selling policies of nominal amounts of 50K or 100K etc... as a way to make an easy sale... ?? KNOWING that that would not cut it... 50 or 80 years down the road for the client... and USING the idea that "economies of scale" would "kick in".. when in fact there is no sign of that and may not be for hundreds of years?

No log in needed at this time to post. Let's hear your story on your life insurance! The funding gap situation at Alcor is serious and demands everyone's attention.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

Rudi's example of 45 yr. old Jack and a $150,000 policy for cryonics ignores life expectcy

December 26 2010, 9:26 PM 

http://www.rudihoffman.com/cryonics.html

Read the above.... then consider... Jack's life expectency could be 80... so another 35 years have to pass before cryopreservation.

The services provided for $150,000 now at Alcor ($120,000 whole body) + standby + transportation + reanimation fund + unforseen costs... could rise with inflation and higher technology over 35 years to well over 500K. So Jack is buying PRESENT value cryonics when actually he SHOULD be buying FUTURE value cryonics.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Rudi said it would be "interesting" to look at inflation/technology adjusted amount yet...

December 26 2010, 10:01 PM 

...yet that's what his own cryonics policy of a million plus... must include! Thus, I would say that there is a chance that he's part of a conspiracy in cryonics to "churn" people like me-- selling me insufficient insurance to cover my cryopreservation at the end of my life expectency!!! -- this nets him a sale for whatever he can get out of me... AND it nets continuing membership dues to a cryonics org...

He never mentioned my life expectency in our converstaion. Here's a life expetency chart..

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]