[INDEX]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

POOL FUNDED EQUITABLE CRYONICS

December 23 2010 at 10:55 AM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

A giant pool of funds... like pension funds are today... would be created out of bequests... directed to a 501c3 that is a church... that saves physical souls... and applies the latest up to date technology across the board to all physical souls... who join the church... for free...

The idea is that the accumulation of bequests and willed estates would outpace expenses... associated with the cryopreservations, storage and even reanimation. This formula would be the E=mc2 of cryonics. Cryonics church members would always be encouraged to create as large a net worth by good works as they can during their life so that the church can survive and do its work. Isn't that how churches survive now? Cryonics Church would work the same way.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Cryonics Church Fund (CCF) would be non profit 501c3 and accept bequests and donations...

December 23 2010, 12:20 PM 

The Cryonics Church Fund would accept bequests, estates and donations and accept church members who want to be cryopreserved and reanimated... all within one church. The only org that appears to me at the moment that might consider this is Terasem.... so I'll ask Terasem if they'll create a general cryonics funding pool for any member who wants cryopreservation. I'll transfer my 50K policy beneficiary to Terasem from Alcor... and leave my estate to Terasem.. who will be my new "church".... just a crazy "out-of-my-mind" idea.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Terasem homepage

December 23 2010, 12:26 PM 

http://www.terasemcentral.org/

Terasem can broker preservation of my documents and my frozen body... as well as my reanimation. It's the closes thing I can see right now to a church that accomodates cryonics.... and given the trouble we face in Alcor and cryonics in general.. and the world... I need a higher overarching ideal to latch onto right now...

Terasem Movement, Inc. is a 501c3 not-for-profit charity endowed for the purpose of educating the public on the practicality and necessity of greatly extending human life, consistent with diversity and unity, via geoethical nanotechnology and personal cyberconsciousness, concentrating in particular on facilitating revivals from biostasis. The Movement focuses on preserving, evoking, reviving and downloading human consciousness.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Left message with Martine Rothblatt on leaving my insurance money and estate to Terasem...

December 23 2010, 12:29 PM 

....in a "Cryonics Church Fund". She'll get back to me as soon as possible, said her answering machine. I got a Greeting Card from her and the others at Terasem reminding me of their presence... and I also recently talked to Rudi Hoffman, cyronics insurance agent.. and we covered some Terasem background... Rudi was speaker at Terasem events.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

I'll need a Phoenix based Terasem agent to be will executor/trustee of my trust... and ...

December 23 2010, 12:34 PM 

....and to broker my preservation with one of the cryonics orgs.... My donation to Terasem through 50K life insurance and the balance of my estate will be the initial startup funding for the Cryonics Church Fund that might be able to operate within the Terasem Movement....

...that's my idea... we'll see what Martine thinks of it. (She STARTED the contact process... not me... I wouldn't have called her had she not mailed me a seasonal greeting card... with a graphic of a silver man... I LOVE silver men... and a wish for all the best in 2011. it made me think that maybe Terasem isn't so bad after all... I had doubts earlier.. but the card and the way it was done gave me that warm fuzzy feeling I used to get as a kid going to church... a community where everyone is accepted regardless of background, creed, origin or financial status. Terasem may be the closest thing we have right not to a cryonics church. The Th'ers and Extropians didn't really get off the ground in my view... but they almost did... and they can still turn themselves around but right now Terasem seems to be the center of my thinking.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

BeBestHuman.org.... interesting... suggested by Terasem

December 23 2010, 12:43 PM 

As I go deeper into the Terasem site I found this... very interesting...

http://www.bebesthuman.org

Here's a reference to America's revolutionary war.. a good sign actually...
http://www.bebesthuman.org/is-war-ever-justified-if-so-when

Here's a donation aite
http://www.bebesthuman.org/donate

Ultimately the discussion format on this site leaves a lot to be desired... my N54 and blogger combo is better... but it's interesting nonetheless.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Alcor could create a new fund too.. based on my idea of equitable cryonics coverage.

December 23 2010, 1:00 PM 

It occurs to me that Alcor could create a "Cryonics Equity Fund"... as well.... not an endowment... but a giant fund out of bequests/estates ... at the request of the person leaving the estate. I'm sure the guy who left Alcor several million dollars recently did NOT anticipate Alcor would lock it up in an endowment... HE should have seen to it that a NEW FUND was created within Alcor to "help everyone in need" and he could have been the first to "set an example".

The wealthy cryonicists who plan on "permanent individual trusts" should be reprimanded... and told that that is not the way to build a cryonics future... that the cryonics future relies on bequests to the GENERAL POOL ... to the CRYONICS EQUITY FUND.....that takes care of everyone who joins the organization... and that FAST high tech cryonics is AVAILABLE TO ALL who join the organization... as long as we have good indicators and verification that they intend to leave 'some" life insurance... as they see fit.. without specific amounts... and bequest money...

The MORAL CODE of helping the higher mission of cryonics to "help yourself" would be "preached" in "sermons" again and again, weekly... to raise people in cryonics to the moral code that taking care of all takes care of each... that the CRYONICS EQUITY FUND.... will be HEALTHY forever as long as we have "church members" who see this mission for what it is... seeking immortliaty.

The advantage Martine Rothblatt and Terasem have at the moment is that they value digital life as well... where Alcor has no accomodation for that... but then Terasem doesn't have it's own cryonics crew either. It is possible that Terasem could COOPT Alcor... and take over... establishing the cryonics equity fund... within Alcor AND having a team. The beauty of Terasem is that is raises our sights and vision to an EVEN HIGHER MISSION than simply cryonics for OURSELVES.. but cryonics within a context of the "quest for DIVERSITY , unity and JOYFUL IMMORTALITY"...

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]