[INDEX]

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FUNDING GAP

December 25 2010 at 1:26 PM
Rick  (Login recreation)
Owner
from IP address 98.165.81.74

The root cause of PALM is the FUNDING GAP.... because the FUNDING GAP is causing prices to rise on the membership side and on the abandonment of the grandfathering tradition.... forcing my hand into PALM... so to speak...

No log in needed at this time to post. Let's hear your story on your life insurance! The funding gap situation at Alcor is serious and demands everyone's attention.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

I'd like to see CPlatt offer retort to Ettinger's "inflation bugaboo"

December 25 2010, 2:31 PM 

Here's Ettinger's point...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/291677/message/1293301207/Achievements+%23+3

Cplatt is writing on the same day on the same forum....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/291677/message/1293302565/Lack+of+Transparency+and+Intermediate+Temperature+Storage

I'd like CPlatt and Ettinger to debate the "funding gap" issue a little bit... We need to press on that point...

I'm convinced as of very recently that all cryonics members at all orgs are hugely underfunded because we ALL ignored the FUTURE COST of cryonics based on our life expectency...

No log in needed at this time to post. Let's hear your story on your life insurance! The funding gap situation at Alcor is serious and demands everyone's attention.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Inflation chart at 4% for age 20 to 95 using a house mortgage as reference

December 25 2010, 2:37 PM 

[linked image]

Interesting that 50,000 at age 30 becomes 500,000 at age 95 with a 4% rate of inflation.... that means that an insurance policy for cryonics at 50K for neuro at age 30... about where I bought in... would HAVE to be 500,000 at age 95!!!

My original insurance plan reinvested dividends and it grew on my chart to about 75,000 by age 65... but that's still not good enough.

Anyway... we have a problem here... a fundamental problem... and it's astonishing that Ettinger is calling inflation a bugaboo... when inflation affects everything... not to mention that there are other problems with the money supply and HYPER inflation lately...

but... I'll set that aside and assume we continue the next 100 years as we have the last 100 years... roughly without major discontinuites...

...which is a huge assumption but we have to start somewhere... to get a grip.

Respond to this message   
Rick
(Login recreation)
Owner

Is life insurance a bogus method of "investing"? See "Future Value of $10K".

December 25 2010, 2:42 PM 

Am I having a hallucination or am I seeing that life insurance makes a poor investment? What generates more money.... a policy that is paid for on a monthly basis... or an investment that is paid into for the same years a policy takes to pay off?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Rick
(no login)

Mike Darwin's 1990 article--- 20 years ago the issue was clear-- why didn't...

December 26 2010, 3:25 PM 

why didn't Cryonics magazine continually confront this issue? It didn't. It featured a lot of things... but not this issue... I don't think.http://www.alcor.org/Library/html/CostOfCryonics.html

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
[INDEX]