Return to Index  

Both books are curently SOLD OUT, additional editions will be printed again in the future

December 9 2010 at 12:17 PM

Paul  (Premier Login FEfinaticP)
Owner

UPDATE........TEN OF THE RESTORATION BOOKS HAVE BEEN FOUND IN A SHIPPING BOX,
STILL WRAPPED IN PLASTIC FROM THE PRINTER. THESE ARE AVAILABLE ONLY TO MEMBERS
OF THE CHRIS-CRAFT COMMANDER FORUM, INC. on a first-come-first-serve basis. If
you want one now is the time because when these are gone, there will be no more
until a future reprinting. Regards, Paul, December 1, 2014

-------------------------------------------------------------

SOLD OUT UPDATE:.............I keep getting checks from nice people who still want books, but sadly we're out of stock
and we will print more in the future, time to be announced once details are finalized with the printer, etc.
Each time the books are reprinted there is a small improvement or addition, so it is not known at this time
just what will be done. There has been a suggestion that both books be combined into an encyclopedic type
version and that is always a possibility. Thank you for your interest, if you send me an email at the
address noted below I can keep you updated, but at this time please don't send any more checks, as the
books are all gone. I am pleased these books have reached enthusiasts in both hemispheres and in many
countries around the globe. ..........end of update.

[linked image]
The Legacy of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander,
A Photo-intensive Overview and Spotter's Guide for
the Classic Chris Craft Boating Enthusiast

The price of this 178 page book is $40.00 US, plus shipping.
The first class US Mail flat rate shipping cost within the continental US is $5.00*.
$45.00 total payment due

................................................ SOLD OUT ................................................

[linked image]
Restoration of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander,
also featuring classic Lancer and Corsair runabouts.
A Photo-Intensive Documentation of World-Class Restorations.

The price of this 242 page book is $45.00 US, plus shipping.
The first class US Mail flat rate shipping cost within the continental US is $5.00*.
$50.00 total payment due

................................................ SOLD OUT ................................................
Note: per the UPDATE above, we have discovered TEN books in a shipping box from the
printer. These will be available to members of Chris-Craft Commander Forum, Inc., on
a first-come-first-serve basis.

I am happy to ship books to any location in the world, but international customers
must contact me first so I can add any additional shipping or customs related charges.

Payment can be made two ways:

[linked image]

~~~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~~~

via PayPal electronic fund transmission to
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com
Please send funds through PayPal listed as a "personal" transfer, rather than a "purchase", or
PayPal will add a handling fee and I will have to hold your order and charge you for this
extra handling fee prior to shipping your book.

Once funds are transferred electronically or the check is received,
books will be mailed to you promptly.

Please contact me at chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com
if you have any questions, or if I can assist with your order.

Sincerely,

Paul,

Author / Publisher

[linked image]

----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

ANNOUNCING

Two very limited edition books
featuring Fiberglass Chris Craft boats.

Click on each title below to learn more about each publication!

a Photo-Intensive Spotter's Guide for the Classic Boating Enthusiast.

This book quickly sold out in 2009 and was re-published in 2010.
Due to popular demand the supply is once again very limited.

RESTORATION of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander,
also featuring classic fiberglass Lancer and Corsair runabouts.

This JUST RELEASED highly specialized book is the only one of its kind
on the market today, and it is now available in a high quality
limited edition printing.

"The Legacy" book has become the standard reference guide for the Chris Craft Commander owners
and fans world-wide, and it features all of the early classic models commencing with the
introduction of the first 38' Commander, including models from 19-to-60 feet LOA.

"The Restoration" book will become the standard reference guide for restoring classic
fiberglass Chris Craft boats, large and small. The classic fiberglass boat revolution is
upon us now, boating organizations and enthusiasts have recognized the value and significance
of these solidly built and good looking Chris Craft boats, and the intent of this book is to
provide inspiration and technical assistance so more of them are saved, restored, and properly
maintained. I am honored to have received direst assistance from Herb Pocklington and
Chris Smith during the preparation of this book, and their friendship and committment to saving
these classic Chris Craft boats is invaluable.

The book is intended to give a boost to the FIBERGLASS REVOLUTION that is sweeping the world
of Classic Boats, by showing what CAN BE DONE.

Both books are intended to supplement one another and they are arranged in the same familiar
format. The care given to printing quality has been immense, and I thank my good friend
Michael Schacht, in Winnipeg, Canada, for doing such a fabulous job with all of the nearly
1000 color images contained in these books. Thank you, Michael, Chris Craft boating fans
all over the world will appreciate and benefit from your contribution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[linked image]

[linked image]

The two books will go nicely together side by side in your library or aboard your boat.
Where "The LEGACY" showcases the Commander line, with all the boats being presented in their
final glory, "RESTORATION" shows all of the dirty little secrets that had to be dealt with in
order to end up with such a great final product like ZON ZON on the front cover of "RESTORATION"; and it also features the classic fiberglass Chris Craft Lancer and Corsair runabouts.

Here is a montage assembled during the preparation and editing phase of the RESTORATION book.
[linked image]

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Dec 1, 2014 6:19 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paul
(Premier Login FEfinaticP)
Owner

UPDATE !!

March 17 2011, 10:16 AM 

The proof copy of the book just arrived.

Here are the details

http://www.network54.com/Forum/424840/message/1300389059

Regards,

Paul

Respond to this message   

Paul
Owner

Six pages from "the book"

March 24 2011, 5:56 AM 

I offer a toast to the Chris Craft team who planned, designed, styled, manufactured, and sold these boats.
To quote Sir Henry Royce, about his Rolls Royce cars, "The quality lives on long after the price is forgotten."
How true this is with classic Chris Craft fiberglass boats !
[linked image]
Here are six pages from the 242 page book about restoration of these fine boats!
This is a compilation of information obtained from many sources and contributors over a period of years.

Enjoy!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Regards,

Paul

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on May 11, 2011 7:07 AM

Respond to this message   

Paul
Owner

The Legacy of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander

May 27 2011, 4:47 AM 

Here is some additional insight into "The Legacy" book,
and outlines how it can be purchased.

The intent of this book was never to make money. It was (and is) intended to share
information and have fun with classic fiberglass boats, and by doing so help in some
way to preserve the remaining fleet of Commanders by focusing more attention on these
fine boats. Therefore the original book was printed in very limited numbers albeit at
very high quality and cost per copy. Copies were first made available to contributors
and participants, and then the remaining limited quantities were sold, and one copy was
donated to the ACBS fund raising auction at the 2010 ACBS Annual Meeting.

Limited copies of the Second Printing are still available, but I antiipate these will
all be gone soon. At that point in time I will be faced with another major expenditure
to print a third edition and I will likely do so in late 2011 or sometime during 2012.

Here is a peek inside THE LEGACY: The image quality you see here is compromised due to
the use of JPG electronic reproduction on the web.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
here is a photo Lenny sent in from Australia!
[linked image]
[linked image]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

This book outlines the general history of Chris Craft during the transitional years when
the Smith family sold Chris Craft to NAFI (National Automotive Fibers, Inc.) and the line
of fabulous fiberglass Commanders that followed, commencing in 1964 with the first 38'
Express designed by Fred Hudson and Bill MacKerer. The initial 38' Express was designed
and shipped in secret to the 1964 New York Boat Show, where it was unveiled amid much fanfare
and shook the boating world with it's awesome shape and style. The boat had a pointed transom,
and continuous foils that extended all the way along the port and starboard length of the hull.

The shape of the original 38 hull was so unique, it could not be pulled from a mold, and had to
be constructed from three pieces. This was an expensive process, partially due to the height
limitations at the plant in Michigan, but Fred and Bill exploited this fact with features that
make these 38' Commanders still appreciated and coveted today. Much of the insight into how the
original 38 was designed came directly from my contact with
Fred Hudson, Herb Pocklington, and Chris Smith.

After the initial 38, Dick Avery styled many fabulous Commander models from 19' to 60', many
with options of Express, Sedan, and Command Bridge features. This line of early fiberglass premium
boats from Chris Craft securely established the company as a builder of high quality,
functional, durable, and exquisitly styled boats. There was a model for virtually every boating
need, style, and budget. Due to the high quality fiberglass resins and construction techniques,
these boats still represent very solid investments 40 or more years later, and many are still in
good original condition, many have been upgraded, restored and repowered, but they all represent
"the Golden Era" of Chris Craft fiberglass boat manufacturing.

This Book outlines the Commander line from 19' to 60', giving an overview, impressions, some
specifications, and lots of documentation photos. It is an ideal reference piece for any
classic boating enthusiast, and an indespensible reference for any Chris Craft Commander owner
or fan. The book has "hundreds of photos" and all but a few are printed in 4-color offset printing.

Click on this link to purchase the book.

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on May 27, 2011 5:44 AM

Respond to this message   

Paul
Owner

RESTORATION of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander, Lancer, and Corsair

May 27 2011, 5:39 AM 

Here is more information about
RESTORATION
of the classic fiberglass
Chris Craft Commander, Lancer, and Corsair !

This book outlines a history of the fiberglass Chris Craft runabout and cruiser, provides
a treasure trove of tips and "how to" techniques, and features fourteen specific boats all
within a dedicated chapter for each boat. The information contained within these pages
represents a collaboration between many people world-wide, and it can give you the support,
information, and confidence to proceed with a project of your own. The motivation for this
book is to inspire people to take on projects of their own and save more of these great
classic fiberglass Chris Craft boats.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I think you can see from the relatively few images and pages I have shared here,
that this is an extremely comprehensive book with 242 pages and 600 or so color
images. Look again at the index and you can see how many pages are dedicated to
each chapter. Anyone who owns a fiberglass Chris Craft boat, and especially anyone
who is contemplating acquiring or restoring one should have this book. It can
save a lot of aggrivation and wasted time/money by sharing the experiences of people
who have already gone through these exhaustive projects.

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on May 27, 2011 6:01 AM

Respond to this message   

Paul
Owner

Re: RESTORATION of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander, Lancer, and Corsair

May 27 2011, 5:58 AM 

[linked image]
A Photo-intensive Overview and Spotter's Guide for
the Classic Chris Craft Boating Enthusiast

The price of this 178 page book is $40.00 US, plus shipping.
$45.00 total payment due

[linked image]
Restoration of the Fiberglass Chris Craft Commander,
also featuring classic Lancer and Corsair runabouts.
A Photo-Intensive Documentation of World-Class Restorations.

The price of this 242 page book is $45.00 US, plus shipping.
$50.00 total payment due

I am happy to ship books to any location in the world, but international customers
must contact me first so I can add any additional shipping or customs related charges.

Payment can be made two ways:

[linked image]

~~~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~~~

via PayPal electronic fund transmission to
chriscraftcommander@hotmail.com
Please send funds through PayPal listed as a "personal" transfer, rather than a "purchase", or
PayPal will add a handling fee and I will have to hold your order and charge you for this
extra handling fee prior to shipping your book.

Once funds are transferred electronically or the check is received,
books will be mailed to you promptly.

Sincerely,

Paul,

Author / Publisher

[linked image]

This message has been edited by FEfinaticP on Aug 4, 2011 10:45 AM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index