World Wide Chain Saw Carving Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Fall art show at the New Art Center

December 22 2011 at 2:37 PM

Pinske  (Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

I just talked with Abby the director of the Vermont Institute of Contemporary Art. She is very interested in having an art show next fall during the Big Buzz Carving Festival. Carvers would not need to be a part of the festival. I will have nothing to do with that art show it is Her deal. This will be a very cool resume builder for artists and a chance to make some dough. I'm not sure what's been done as a group art show for carvers in the past but the promotion for next years event will double with the addition of this show. The space is awesome and it's a great time of the year up here. (unless it rains like hell again).

This will be fun. It will only be the most creative works shown. Ok it's up to you all Abby can make it happen.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Abby
(no login)

Fall art show at VTica

December 23 2011, 10:45 AM 

Here is my call to carvers for a scheduled carver exhibit at VTica,VTica.org, for the first weekend in October. Let me see your best work, a bit more refined and executed with style. VTica's exhibit space is rustic yet sophisticated, I am looking for work that will compliment a homeowners interior or exterior space. I want to see the best of the best. Any inquiries contact me at abby.r@VTica.org.

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Smaller works

December 24 2011, 12:54 PM 

I think smaller works could be very cool. They like modern pieces too. We should try to push the art form a bit. You all have plenty of time to plan and to have the pieces dry. Crate and ship the art you do not need to drive here if you are far or busy. It would be great to get representation from many people. Make it great price it to sell.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum