World Wide Chain Saw Carving Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ART??? A question.....

January 21 2012 at 12:44 PM
Doc Parker  (no login)

Hmmmmm....A question that comes up, I like to hear peoples thoughts on what do we see as art? The past thread said a lot of peoples thoughts, but are we really close?? Barre was correlating highest price?? Van Gogh never made a dime, but yet he's like the top dog in his lifetime now that time has passed. Joe said , feather count?? How they lay??? Not me!, But Joe's pieces are consistently the most "Art-like" of any on this board. Buzzsawz, are original, way out there in scope, but he represents himself as a folk artist, and I believe it true. Some pieces he does are representative, and he uses his instincts to fill in what he doesn't know, and effectively.Most of us are commercial artists/artisans, making whatever we can turn a buck at. An awful lot of us try to copy wildlife( because people want/buy it), and swear up and down they are the best at it. (Some Like RD make excuses why theirs isn't anatomically correct.) Others will change their design"Habits" when they find out, I bet RD won't do this again( with his primaries on birds.) Style, and form are really important here. Joe Rego has great style and his pieces are easily recognizable. Angie Polglaze too. Dave Conklin does works that when I see them, I see Dave's hand. Copying nature is copying. Ken Tynan copy's a lot,( ie: the hulk, Lynn Randall bears, etc) I don't know if he has moved at all into anything original, I don't see enough of his pieces to know.I am a commercial artist for the most part. Who else among us do you see as an "Artist" knowing what you know, and why do you think this??

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

Re: ART??? A question.....

January 21 2012, 5:04 PM 

art being produced by most is considered mastery of a craft the skills have been developed to where one can do an eagle,owl ,bear etc and make it look just like one . heres a jewell from american pickers they look for weird!!! unique!!!! different!!! becuase collectors want what nobody else has , why should it be any different for us are all your clothes the same i hope not people like variety the biggest disservice to this art form is copying and producing things that look like they came out of a replicator. the true artists are the begginners after 6 months there crafters like the rest of us

Respond to this message   
Tynan
(no login)

January 21 2012, 5:53 PM 

The good thing Parker, is that NO ONE gives a shit about your opinion. Really, no one. We all know that you are a pussy with a big mouth. That's all. AAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAAAHAHAAAA. fuck you. I'm amused that you think you're relevant.

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

January 21 2012, 6:09 PM 

be nice tynan your a reality show star now , please no butt crack shots im trying to get the cartoon network on so i can watch the show ha ha ha !!!! is it going to be a hulk

Respond to this message   

R.D. Coonrod
(Login R.D.C.)

teddy puss???

January 21 2012, 6:58 PM 

parker you are a joke. You don't even qualify to go to Ridgeway. Tynan is as original as they come. I own a couple of his pieces ,they are fantastic. You have not seen any of my work for years. I don't post pictures normally, so you would have had to be at one of our events. If you had been to one of our events in the past five years you would not be playing with me. Post your best, mouth, I can't wait to tear it to pieces using your method of critique. You are way out of your class, guess which way. Put up or shut up!

Respond to this message   
Tynan
(no login)

January 21 2012, 7:23 PM 

Now that's funny buzzy. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Doc Parker
(no login)

OH! I'm sorry,

January 22 2012, 4:07 AM 

I musta walked into the ladies room by mistake?? Tynan? RD? Is that you??? Sorry, didn't mean to interupt!!![IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Doc Parker
(no login)

Sorry RD... :~{

January 22 2012, 4:20 AM 

I'm in the midst of doing a business start-up in plastics manufacturing, ain't got time for fun lately. If I didn't have a life, I could go on vacation like you all the time.

Respond to this message   

R.D. Coonrod
(Login R.D.C.)

Woooohooohoooohooooohaaaaaaahaaaaheeeehee

January 22 2012, 10:38 AM 

Haahaaheeeheeeheewooooh! A start up on plastics plastics mfg heeehaaaahohohowooo. Wearing a condom to satisfy yourself this morning is not manufacturing it just more abuse, thank God you are only subjecting yourself to it. You would have a life too if you would just go to work and stop freeloading off anyone you can. Nobody owes you a living.

I do like the fact that you do title all of your work appropriately.....TP = toilet paper that way the paper mill lill know which grinder to run it through.

Damn, posted at 4:20. Has it got so bad that you can't sleep through the night without a drink?

You spend most of your time on the computer. It would take 2 minutes to post your pics. Post them or cowardly decline. If you decline you should have to post a public apology to all that you abuse. But we all know that you don't have the ability to take responsibility for your actions, so we will just have to take your cowardly decline as an apology.

Respond to this message   
Doc Parker
(no login)

No RD

January 22 2012, 1:56 PM 

(Rodent Dog) I don't drink or do lots of drugs so I get up early to get a jump on you prairie Doggy's! Here's a stone piece I did 15 years ago depicting you climbing up Tynan's leg, you can tell it's Tynan because it has fat boobs![IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Doc Parker
(no login)

Here's me...

January 22 2012, 2:01 PM 

The wizard truckin thru the snow with my pet owl, hard stone. 5"( RD's height) . I won best stone ,bone, Ivory with it at the Northwest Carvers Guild show for OR,WA,ID,And MT. I'd love to see some of your stome wark RD, or are you one faceted???[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   
Doc Parker
(no login)

Hi Guys!

January 22 2012, 2:03 PM 

Here's me playin a happy tune , knowing Rd is not qualified to carve stone,( Or Tynan for that matter)>[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

Re: Hi Guys!

January 22 2012, 3:47 PM 

that stone is nice

Respond to this message   

R.D. Coonrod
(Login R.D.C.)

January 22 2012, 4:20 PM 

ted puss, you need to go check out chainsawsculptors.com forum. Its amazing how things have and haven’t changed. There are a lot better references recorded on carving post. You are an equal opportunity abuser.

It is very like you to post some primitive at best stone sculpture instead of some crappy wood carving. Did you really think this was an alternative to a cowardly decline? Post your best 3 wood carvings or be who we all know you are.

By the way I do a little stone sculpting myself, so I will add a couple of pics for comparison as well. If you were a professional sculptor you would realize you can sculpt about anything.

Respond to this message   

john willliams
(Login bigjohn1895)

January 22 2012, 8:34 PM 

my money is on tynan and/or r d

now ted step up or shut up post the pics
i wanna see the pics rd posts

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

January 23 2012, 5:32 AM 

john did doc send you a saw one time for free ? are you working for loghoggers ?

Respond to this message   

john willliams
(Login bigjohn1895)

January 26 2012, 9:59 PM 

buzz yes doc did send me a saw for free and no i dont work for log hogers
sorry but some times doc is a bit over the line not saying i hate him or dislike him
but this fight is over nothing

Respond to this message   

Penny
(Login Penny220)

February 4 2012, 11:58 AM 

Funny freaking carving of the chipmunks!

What is art is a question that's been asked since the beginning of time. Best answer any group of artists has come up with it's half technical ability and half creativity. Some artists aren't all that creative, some aren't all that technical. It's also why art is in the eye of the beholder.

When in doubt, take one look at some shit that sells for millions in NYC galleries and get on with your life and what pleases you.

'Vous is for EVERYONE, many of carvers picked up a saw for their first time there. While that statement was said in jest in this thread and that's the nature of the thread I'd never want to have someone think they had to qualify to go to the 'Vous. Hell I'm going! I'll carve something and knock back a few cold ones with friends. 'Vous is not proving ground time, it's bear hugs and beers with family.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum