World Wide Chain Saw Carving & Art Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Busy week

March 24 2012 at 11:49 PM

Pinske  (Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

I have a new worker and the Justin the lighted tree guy here. Three people to manage not my strong suit. Nice weather and lots of work and telling people what to do has not made for much posting time.

We started a mockup for the mushroom duplicator it will be done in plywood first. I reealy need to stay focused and finish this machine. I think I can make a schrom in 5 minutes with this machine if it works. Nothing ever works on the first try so I need to be smart about it.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
joe r
(no login)

Re: Busy week

March 25 2012, 5:01 AM 

I hear ya,busy here as well.Working hard to finnish things and set up for our upcomming show.I will try to get some pics up.

Respond to this message   
R.D. Coonrod
(no login)

Re: Busy week

March 25 2012, 6:09 AM 

Did you see the duplicator Erv Doan has listed on milt's site? It will make mushrooms 6 feet tall and 20" in diameter, four at a time.

On another note, I know several carvers that have spendy duplicators. Most all of them are not being used.

Respond to this message   

Pinske
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

This is different

March 25 2012, 10:39 AM 

Those types are not what we need. The spindle industry and small carving copying is a different biz that's what those were for.

This thing is going to be something if it works. Twenty blades lol

Respond to this message   
R.D. Coonrod
(no login)

Re: This is different

March 25 2012, 6:16 PM 

You should really check out the terrco northstar with the 6' option. It is not set up for small work. With the one erv has you could produce at least 20 of those mushrooms with each load with about an hour of running time. You can also do flat work and spindles with the table option. Don Etue has one too, but I don't think he uses it much. If your are into duplicating, this machine is the ticket. It will even copy your bears up to 6' and 20" in diameter. $5000 is a steal and it sounds like it comes with a lot of extras. I don't run high volume shops, but if I did I would not pass up this deal....

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Wrong term

March 25 2012, 8:52 PM 

I'm not building a duplicator I'm building a machine that makes a mushroom rough out. It will do it with no hi ad help if it works. Drop in a log out drops a shroom in about 5 minutes I'm guessing. 26 cutting heads.

I have looked at those duplicators there is a reason people don't use them. I have been looking into something much better but much more expensive. Maybe if I get this thing to work I can get one of the other things.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum