World Wide Chain Saw Carving Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ideas on improving forum

January 13 2013 at 6:29 AM

Barre Pinske  (Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Any lurkers have any ideas? I'm really leaning toward the Pinske blog idea but would prefer to keep the forum to help others and share all our work.

Chainsaw carvers are independent people I realize that I'm not sure where they tear down rather build up part comes from. It can be fun to get off in La La land and talk crap but that's not what I think the forum should be all the time and not what good carvers and people who don't like getting shit want to be a part of.

I don't want to blame Buzz he's like a class clown and that's ok if more of the class got involved I think his nonsense would not seem so prevalent. I'm not sure how some of the people on here maintain friendships because friends support each other we don't seem to get much of that here. I just don't want this to be a reflection of me if it looks like a bunch of idiots and bad artists.

Dave snow sculpture was cool, Jeff getting a skid steer is a good thing for him same with Ken getting a hydraulic power unit. I want the best for all carvers and I want to be encouraging and supportive. We need to champion each other that's how teams win they work together. I know how hard I need to work to make a living I'm guessing its the same for the rest of you. There are more events now, reality shows all kinds of things going on with the craft that are worth postings and talking about.

I want to help others that's what I want to do. I want to help myself and grow my business also. Innovations, tricks of the trade gallery relationships things like that have value to us all.

Normal people don't want to be friends with an active alcoholic, active addict or religious fanatics. It is very difficult to be friends with someone who can't take things seriously and someone who just puts others down. That is much or our content as of late.

It has to change. I'll delete every f'n one of you and you can go post on the yellow then maybe this will improve. You have a choice I don't care. I feel I did my thing I have shown another forum can exist and have success it has it's ups and downs according to haw much policing I do and how much good content there is from others who have talent and good ideas.

The people who don't post don't want to be a part of the shit get it? Post thing people want to be a part of and we will thrive. I can't promote the forum else were if it's shit why would I do that?

This is like a flower garden I'm asking the weeds not to grow hows that going to work? Be a flower and some beauty here. We are not going to live forever contribute something good to society and leave a positive legacy for others you can start today. I don't have time to nurture and police this thing we are adults please grow the F up, be a part of helping others and contribute something positive or get the F off.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

john willliams
(Login bigjohn1895)

Re: Ideas on improving forum

January 13 2013, 7:35 AM 

well berre like you i have lost faith in forums when i tried to help every one with kiln drying carvings
they all went off the deep end and said i was trying to sell somthing i was ofering free advice and for that i got condemed
i cant post pics at the moment but soon i will be even though no one ill coment on them and if they do it will be another dung mach so yea the forums are loosing there luster

Respond to this message   

Art
(Login Marine57)

Re: Ideas on improving forum

January 13 2013, 8:56 AM 

You have a good idea to have a forum where pros can share some ideas and post some recent works but when the thread turns ugly most just glance at it and go on. You shouldn't have to police it full time but I doubt if there is any way around it. When folks go to the trouble to write and post pics others can at least respond I think,otherwise they won't bother. Whaddyathink?

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

Same circus - Differnt clowns

January 13 2013, 9:29 AM 

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Now call Jerry Scheiffer up and say DUDE how do you do it?

As for buzzsaw , far as I can tell he is very positive until pushed by bully's ,but he is consistent no matter what and I like that about him.

So barre it sounds like you are at a crossroads with this forum? One drop of poison can contaminate a well and there are those who can pour in a bucket full in the name of "telling their side" and if someone responds in their own defense the feces flinging begins, suppose everyone who logged in always used their own name and debated with intelligence!{its possible but not probable}

Good luck....

and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

thanks

January 13 2013, 11:11 AM 

steve im trying to help bears forum but my dyslexia stems from bad comprehension my spelling is ok and when somebody jumps on me i send them into a chipper . its a knee jerk defense mechanism i have developed over the years . bear has said alot of cruel things to me which is funny i have attempted to beat his ego into an oblivion and i expect the same . i feel if bear trys to sterilize the forum and end the drama sales will plunder i think the public wants to be entertained and it leads to a following that eventually find me and purchase a piece of art . bear cannot say this is art and this aint if he cannot accept and understand others creations he needs to give up the craft fair policing job .

Respond to this message   
Tom Castaneda
(no login)

Here hear Steve

January 13 2013, 11:25 AM 

You are a very wise man .
Thanks for your outlook and input .
Tom Castaneda

Respond to this message   
guess who
(no login)

Re: Here hear Steve

January 13 2013, 11:41 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
guess who
(no login)

January 13 2013, 11:42 AM 

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Art
(Login Marine57)

January 13 2013, 12:20 PM 

Buzz & Bear?
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

ccampbell
(Login ccampbell)

I also agree with Steve

January 13 2013, 2:51 PM 

...and with Art.

Barre, you have energy, interesting ideas, creativity, and a working business. That's why I enjoy visiting you here.

However, all the bad little boys who have been kicked out of the other neighborhoods are thrilled to have found yours and have been plastering your site with their graffiti. You like some of it, so you let them do it. They set a low standard, so more like minded little boys move in here too. Pretty soon the neighborhood is run down and no one wants to come here.

You can't have a good forum without discipline. Period.

Maybe a blog is the way to go.

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Thanks Cheryl

January 13 2013, 3:02 PM 

I'll give ot some thought I agree with you. I will do a bit more to keep some order and see wht happens. I feel I should not need to do that but it is part of the deal. I like it when others share I want us to look good and treat each other well.

Respond to this message   
ZZ
(no login)

Re: Thanks Cheryl

January 13 2013, 4:49 PM 

Maybe Barre can award a weekly Crap Award to all us Bads Little Boy's.. LOL
I thoght he was Ring Leader

Respond to this message   
R.D. Coonrod
(no login)

ROTFLMAO!!!

January 14 2013, 11:27 AM 

Those that do not know their history are bound to repeat it. Barre you are turning into jerry...de ja vu all over again!!! If you feel you know your history then you are insane. (doing the same things over and over expecting different results)

Deleting worthwhile posts and leaving only what makes you feel good and /or your own posts, will chase away any real talent quick (hence the carvingpost). What it leaves behind is usually not pretty (hence the carvingpost). Equal treatment for all (including you) will work quite nicely. Set up your rules and guidelines and enforce them unbiasedly. Require a log in to post. You may have to go so far as to require approved membership. Casual actions produce casual results. This will require some sacrifices on your behalf, however anything worthwhile requires sacrifice. This is the same advice I offered when you started this forum.

Otherwise join up with steve, ricky, jerry and all the other honey boo boos of the carving world and embrace their ways. There are a lot more of them. You could call your shop a castle, build some mushroom looking pink rooks for the corners and be their king. lol Think of all of the colorful clothes you could wear as a king...lol This could be your anthem;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Thinking Blog

January 14 2013, 1:56 PM 

I think a blog will be the best way to go. If we needed another forum because more people felt passionate about the art form and did not choose to support another venue because of politics it would be worth the effort. I really don't feel compelled to support people who don't place our craft in a positive light and continue to treat others poorly for no reason. I care about how my company and my work is being perceived and I want to grow. I cannot risk the loss of one dollar on nonsense.

I have delt with carvers for 30 years my goals have always been to help others be more successful. If carvers act in a way that brings me down and or do not fulfill thier commitments and that costs me money I don't want to deal with them. You get one chance at life we all need support. I can be much more useful promoting my business, the Big Buzz and hydraulic power units by making the forum a blog. In so doing I'm still thinking of having an open forum for folks to post but there is no reason for inclusiveness because it's about a group. The group is not mature and professional enough to have balanced behavior and that has proven that time and time again.

I really appreciate the positive things we have done here and the fun we have had. The changes don't need to be that great if folks step up to the plate and play to win. We can help each other be more successful if we choose to work together. Either way I'm going to see to it that my efforts and energy are worth while.

Respond to this message   
Hah!
(no login)

January 14 2013, 7:43 PM 

Please post your name if you want to make a point thank you.

This message has been edited by 1pinske on Jan 15, 2013 1:57 AM

Respond to this message   
Patrick
(Login palspatricio)

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do

January 14 2013, 8:48 PM 

Barre I think your hearts in it, you are a very talented person and very talented artist. I know I am guilty of being in some negative threads. Unfortunately thats not who I really am. One of the things I strive to be is a positive person, however I have been involved in some childish threads and feel I should have stayed out of em. I read both forums and they both have their places in our art form. One of the things I dont do anymore is use photobucket. I used to but at this point in my life I stick with Facebook (speak of drama lmao). If we as a group policed ourselves and did not incite and or instigate emotinal topics it would be better. Trust me I again know I have chapped some asses on the topics of politics and religion in this forum and should known its not the place to do that period. Soooooo if I offended any person it was not my intention. RD I applaud you for sticking to your beliefs and if you were offended that was not my intention. When I first got into this art form we used to chat on the other forum and that was very helpful. Can we do this on this forum? Use it to promote the art and then air out differences in the chat? Barre I say keep this forum, be you, be the person that wanted something to not only promote yourself but the art itself. I say if we stay off of the topics of religion, politics and sexual orientation we should be able to police ourselves lol. From this point forward my only intention is to use this forum for its intention. Hope all is well with everyone.

Respond to this message   

Barre Pinske
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Thank you

January 15 2013, 2:01 AM 

I think we just need balance. I'm leaning toward a forum/ blog it will make deleting all the Bull shit worth my time. Lol

You are good Patrick no worries here we all have opinions it's cool.

Respond to this message   
Brian Harnett
(Login Brianharnett)

Re: Thank you

January 15 2013, 5:18 AM 

Barre it is a bit ironic that you feel your forum is spinning out of control don't you think?

You were the class clown on the yellow forum and reveled in it until you were spanked.

Then you declared you were making your own forum without censorship I have yet to belong to a forum that was successful without some guidelines, just because people have something in common does not mean the rest of there beliefs are in line.

When I started carving I used to post on Milts forum but the rats took it over, Milt will no censure anything so the forum is basically dead.

If you want the forum to succeed put up guidelines and stick to them but then you have an issue of hypocrisy to deal with.

Some forums have an off topic area for exactly these reasons. Good luck

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/brianharnett/Wood%20Carvings/
http://harnettdesigns.com/

Respond to this message   

Art
(Login Marine57)

January 15 2013, 6:31 AM 

Well Brian ,I have never seen anything bleeped on the Blue forum,but then they have a "argument " section that you can rant in. I never figgered out why nobody will post on Milts site?

Respond to this message   

Barre Pinske
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

January 15 2013, 6:32 AM 

Not True. I know many perceive that I did too much clowning around over there but I feel I contributed a lot. How can someone who brings hydraulics, many forms of art and produces events be the class clown?

People did not like the tern Naïve artists, they did not like that I called out the UCCG for not being a legit group and Captain Ass Clown challenged me because he wanted to be the tool guy. He said all we wanted to do was make money off carvers and actually posted another product that ended up not working for his friend. That friend charged one of our carver friends more for a used unit than I charged him.

I have been in trouble my whole life for pointing out the truths that no one wants to hear. I want more out of my life and I don't stand down to liars, cheats, idiots and active alcoholics.

I have a career I'm trying to grow I don't have time to fight with morons.

Are people not capable of having a balanced life where they can have fun, contribute to society and work hard to achieve thier goals? Do we rally get ahead by trying to put others down, spit in others faces and point fingers? How does that make us look?

This place should, can and will be a place for people to learn and grow that's it.

I have done as much for this art form over the years as anyone. You can't change history you can only add to it. There are people out there working on improving thier art and don't publicly give people shit Ken Packie is a good example of that. I'd like to get more of that type attitude spread around.

Face Book has changed forums there is a lot of good stuff from around the world there the problem is it goes by fast and they have ads and access to all your stuff. This can really be a useful business tool if run right that is why what we say and do here is important. There are new things I'm realizing too im trying to grow and improve myself.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum