[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ken Sheen
(no login)

nice Barre

January 26 2013, 12:10 PM 

You did well with those last year. I have been down with a cold but still chippin away at the shop. The saw runs well. the hoses could be a little longer.Nice on the cold days

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Ken

January 26 2013, 2:35 PM 

Get a few feet of regular 3/8" hoses add them on the pump side it's easy. I run 8' of twin 8' regular. Twin are lighter and don't separate or flop the regular hoses are more flexible and lay on the ground better. My Dad sells them just with the twin because it's simpler to do I don't like it as much.

Respond to this message   
Carrie
(no login)

Re: Valentines hearts

January 31 2013, 2:17 AM 

Hey Barre

I've just had a fantastic idea for you!

Use one of your wooden hearts to make a heart-shaped fiber glass mold. Lay a small prefect red rose inside and immortalise it by filling the heart mold with clear resin.

I have found that clear resin can bleach natural colours, if you can find a silk rose that looks real so much the better.

What do you think?

Carrie
PS If it's possible to source tiny roses then this could also be scaled down to make pendants.

Respond to this message   

Barre Pinske
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

January 31 2013, 4:45 AM 

Sounds cool, there are so many things to do and try that's a good one. I think some fish line could suspend the flower in not sure they keep the color cast. It think it needs to be frees dried and the faux coloerd not sure. Some folks electroplated flowers in metal at a jewelry show I was at one time they were beautiful.

Respond to this message   
Carrie
(no login)

January 31 2013, 8:15 AM 

I'd advise against using real flowers because of the colour bleaching problem - I've tried it.
However silk flowers are really good these days and if it's not going to be touched it would be difficult to know the difference.

Suspending the flower in the centre of the heart could be done by putting the clear resin in the mold in layers. when the first layer is dry the flower is laid in. You probably know that thick slabs of resin works best when layered anyway.

Carrie

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum