World Wide Chain Saw Carving Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I feel Bear-a-thon II may be coming on.

October 21 2014 at 8:02 PM

Barre  (Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

I'm thinking one more big push of bears might help put me over the top a bit to have a more comfortable winter. I'm thinking maybe only 15k-20k worth of bears this time. I need to figure out exactly what I want to do but I really need inventory and some working capital and this may be the best way to do it.

15 or 20 days this time it's not so hard to do if I stay focused.
Keep your saw in the Wood!

Pinske

This message has been edited by 1pinske on Oct 21, 2014 8:03 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Guest Poster
(Login flashbackus)

its like this

October 23 2014, 8:05 AM 

You gotta pay for the big buzz somehow?!!
and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: its like this

October 23 2014, 8:39 AM 

I still have a pile of crap to clean up too. It's a lot of cost and work. Good thing I keep the risk down I can see how some folks really loose their shirts on events. I'm betting on the long haul with a lot of things right now. You can't get ahead with out hard work I'm pushing a bit right now I want to make my life a little easier in the next few years.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

Guest Poster
(Login flashbackus)

lotta legs under this stool

October 23 2014, 9:07 AM 

Clean-up is an aspect of running a chainsaw carving event that is underestimated, and under appreciated,If each carver left their area with a nice scrap pile, and a nicely swept up pile of sawdust then the scavengers would do most of the clean up!

That's what they all did right {wink/chuckle} and kudos to those that did.............
and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

my guess

October 23 2014, 9:34 AM 

you need to hire help maybe somebody going around setting up quick carve logs getting scraps even helping load carvings etc .

Respond to this message   
Brian Harnett
(Login Brianharnett)

Re: my guess

October 23 2014, 10:14 AM 

You mean bearathon 2 on the cnc mill.

Respond to this message   
cornelius thistlewaite
(no login)

October 23 2014, 11:32 AM 

between bears and ebola looks like you guys are set to take the art world by storm!!

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

October 23 2014, 1:09 PM 

I mean carving them. I'm waiting on the three phase power right now plus I don't have a working program yet. Sucks. Everything takes too long and costs too much. I'm hoping to crank out 15k with of bears to get myself ahead of the game. I'm trying to get a crane truck right now to help that happen the one I wanted has a deposit on it! Damn.... I need to catch a break here.

Pinske

Respond to this message   
Brian Harnett
(Login Brianharnett)

October 24 2014, 4:47 AM 

Barre how many hp is the spindle? you don't have to get 3 phase I run a rotary converter for 3 phase equipment up to 5hp it runs off standard 220-240 , now they make solid state 3 phase inverters for a few hundred dollars. the nice thing with the solid state ones is you can change spindle speed right on a keypad.

Respond to this message   

Barre Pinske
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

October 24 2014, 8:17 AM 

The spindle on my machine is 20 hp. The three servos are big too I'm guessing they are 3 to 5 hp. I considered a phase converter I don't think that is the best idea considering the size of the machine and the fact i want to run the piss out of it. I'm hoping to get a robotic milling cell down the road also if this works. It's better to bite the bullet now.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum