World Wide Chain Saw Carving Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Inspiration

October 31 2014 at 3:40 PM

Barre Pinske  (Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

I have not been very inspired for at least a year. I think a lot has to do with one specific relationship/ business deal that took an unfortunate turn and still has some resolution coming. Hearing Steve's story and having him write a poem now and then brought out a creative urge in me i made a poem. Some of the videos I have done were inspired from the forum too. I am a little tierd of Chester and small town life I think that's zapping my spirit a bit. Inspite of so much support I also feel disrespected by bankers, a few friends and some members of my family. It seems a lot of people think I need to make more money than I do which also takes away the creativity. Maybe making very creative expensive things would help! Ooops tried that I have a few things here for 4k. Location? Just the Artist's struggle. Maybe I need to embrace it.

THE QUESTION,

How are you inspired? People, love, nature, struggles, history? Do other artist's inspire you? Art History use to do it for me.

What Zaps you, Bills, stress, aging , people?

I want to be inspired to push my creative limits again. I almost think I need time off to do that.

Ideas?

Keep your saw in the Wood!

Pinske

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

captain obivious
(Login buzzsawz)

bear

October 31 2014, 3:53 PM 

we have all had a crap life , you have to make things happen on your own dont expect others to do it just do it . you have to build your friends i have the hot blonde in the racing camaro and bob in the truck now cornholethistler is here permanent they wont rob me or ask to borrow money and they never disgree so i suggest build you some friends hahaha!!!!

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

On the plus side

October 31 2014, 5:46 PM 

Drink beer and laugh out loud with good friends, and even some adversary's if they lighten up and put their sticks down, then shoot your mouth off! and then try and do what you bragged up.

turn off's... mealy mouthed low down needle dicked bug f*#kers, and anyone that says "trust me, oh and dog groomers, they just dont know when they are licked............
and remember carve or starve...

Respond to this message   
ROOSTER
(Login jay.kay)

Inspiration

October 31 2014, 6:39 PM 

Try 20 bears in twenty days!!!

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: Inspiration

November 1 2014, 1:18 AM 

Rooster, I want to get my creative juices flowing more than the dollar and cents. Maybe with more financial freedom a person could be more creative I'm not sure. I'm not lacking motivation right now I guess I'm feeling Art should be more be more important than money and it's not right now. Money and Art can go hand in hand no question it always has for me. I think making the investment in the Mill has required more focus on cash flow, Orders always take up creative time and with Winter coming I need to button up this place.

I have some new ideas much of which have to do with being more literal with the chainsaw. Much of what we do is use the saw to carve so it's like replacing a chisel in many ways. Saws do lend them selves to fur and feathers which is cool. The cut of the blade and the surface and marks the saw makes during the carving process is what I would like to play with a bit.

I want to make bigger works too. We shall see what happens.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

November 1 2014, 5:46 AM 

I forgot it was November too! Leaves falling and things dying back does not fuel creativity like Spring Flowers. I think a trip to a museum is in order.

Pinske

Respond to this message   
ROOSTER
(Login jay.kay)

Art Form

November 1 2014, 6:17 AM 

Sounds like you need a holiday and I know just the person for you to visit!
Scott Dow (Pennsylvania) is also an "artist" and "sculptor" that has been exploring the textures that the chainsaw produces.

Might be an inspiration!

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: Art Form

November 1 2014, 6:41 AM 

Good idea! I think taking some time and woking with other artists is something we all should do. I have looked at the RV's that have the garage in the back Toy haulers they call them that would be perfect for traveling from shop to shop. I'm lucky to have the gallery and customers coming to me but I need to be here for them too or things get screwy. I wish I could get another artist here who could work and run the gallery too. It's so hard to find people who can make a living from their work.

I could rent out the gallery and let the tenants sell my work I guess if I wanted to travel. I can't afford to travel and keep the place open it needs to be one or the other. Maybe Nov. And March-April would be a good time to close because it's slow here. I like the idea of having more carvers here working in the Summer too.

Who's open for artist's visiting and who's looking to travel? We should get something going!

Pinske

Respond to this message   

MerkinMuffly
(Login MerkinMuffly)

other mediums

November 1 2014, 8:15 AM 

If you are uninspired in your work maybe you should work in another medium for a while. Poetry, painting whatever you're into. Come down to the city for a while. Williamsburg, Brooklyn is happening right now, plenty of energy to go around and plenty of hot young muses!

Respond to this message   

buzzsaw
(Login buzzsawz)

bear will be succesful

November 1 2014, 9:00 AM 

if he will add spirituality to his art I think great success will happen , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaxIUxn63bs he can work in any medium but he needs to install the creator without this dimension his art is like a cake with no icing . I hope he could go to nyc and attend synogoge and have a rabbi bless him maybe attend a holiness church and have them speak in unknown tongues over his bald head or be baptized in a icy cold creek by a Baptist preacher .

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: other mediums

November 1 2014, 9:19 AM 

I'm with You there being around more creative people would be great. Chainsaw carving works as a rural thing pretty well. I think we are getting some where a little more travel would be nice. I had hoped to have a vacation after the Big Buzz I was sick for a week. Lots of bills to pay! Maybe a bear-a-thon to get ahead then some time for some creative projects and getting away.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

November 3 2014, 5:24 PM 

The New England Patriots are inspiring! They talk team they play team. They do the work and reap the rewards. It's about each of our goals and the work we do no one will do it for us. Cheer learders help too!

Pinske

Respond to this message   
Rick N
(no login)

November 4 2014, 7:34 AM 

Sometimes knowing there's a good movie,meal and easy chair happening at the end of the day has to be enough. Keep the film's going Barre, compile the funny stuff. I try to do cool stuff on film. I screw up and everyone laughs. I laughed hard at the demo derby you filmed. Bang oooops! Hahaha

Respond to this message   
Ken P
(no login)

Inspiration

November 7 2014, 1:45 PM 

For me it is and always comes down to #1 getting into the woods. #2 getting with other carvers. I have been lucky enough to get to carve at some amazing venues and also get 1 on 1 creative time in my journies with Samudosky, Tynan, Dow, Braun, Emmons, and Colp. Many more to add to my list of inspiring carvers I want to get with......you have to find your tribe within the tribe and get out of your bubble. keeps me pumped up and growing as an artist.

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

November 8 2014, 6:20 PM 

It's cool you have done the work with those guys Ken doing you home work is what really sets people apart. You all have pushed each other and grown as artists that's great to see.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

tribe within the tribe

November 11 2014, 7:08 AM 

I like that, great description of carver world ken, love your work..

Respond to this message   
Ken P
(no login)

Thanks Steve

November 12 2014, 2:18 PM 

Was thinking of adding Reedsport to my wanderings
This Spring.....so many Westcoasters are still names
And not faces yet . Looks like a good time and all the
Cool kids will be there wink.gif

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: Thanks Steve

November 12 2014, 2:49 PM 

I need to get out there too! Sounds fun.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

steve backus
(Login flashbackus)

soungs great guys

November 13 2014, 7:35 AM 

It would expand your horizons and make you into steely eyed sawmen of the highest order! We could talk about deeds done, and future directions of this art-sport known as chainsaw carving competitions.

Barre, you gotta get out of your comfort zone for sure, you cant learn nothing new unless you break free of your restraints, it is my sincere belief that you would return to your little burg with a renewed vigor that would transform the big buzz into what it could be, not necessarily a contest but there are a ton things to observe that would benefit your outlook on events in general, plus its fun!

Mr. Packie sir, you will find tribes, within tribes, within tribes, and you might be pleasantly surprised to meet and talk to some of us "westcoasters" on a personal level that leaves you with the ability to discern facts from fiction, and in my humble opinion you have as a good a shot at winning as any contender that shows up.

Maybe you both travel together!

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: soungs great guys

November 13 2014, 6:05 PM 

Where would I fly into? I'm not sure if I would carve it may be a nice vacation. You need to come out here and do a Bailies class. That would be awesome.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum