[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: look at them shoes bear

February 27 2017, 5:31 AM 

Those are something I need some nice new shoes. We had a nice run here over over Pres. week it was super. Being in a tourist area has it's off season challenges but when it's good it's really good.
Keep your saw in the Wood!

Pinske

Respond to this message   

dr phil
(Login buzzsawz)

they were

February 27 2017, 6:19 AM 

on ebay for 15.99 I ordered a pair of boots 24.99 free ship waterproof vibram soles regular 79.99 learn to live cheap pretty soon sears will be gone and the sears wiping catalog will be history could you imagine that being your claim to fame as a retailer

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: they were

February 27 2017, 12:40 PM 

Cheap nice shoes are always good but pay $400 for a pair now you have a storywhobwould have thought Sears would get run over. You need to stay viable some how. Chainsaw carvers will never be put out of business no one smart wants to do it there are so many wiser ways to make money. I asked my Dad one time why a guy we knew was carving and my Dad said for the money! I said are you serious? I don't carve for the money I make art for the life style. I hope for more money but if you are a crap carver you can't make any dough.

Plus younger pretty women like older artist's. Or I'm hoping so!

Pinske

Respond to this message   

dr phil
(Login buzzsawz)

crap carvers can make lots of money

February 27 2017, 6:57 PM 

its in the marketing if you cannot carve good then use your talent at making crap you could wear an eye patch and get a lil dog to keep at your display women love lil dogs and men who wear eye patches seem mysterious look at Rasputin he invaded the castle of the czar of Russia and he looked like a warf rat . be dishoveled in appearance bohemian mysterious act like a sooth sayer be hard to look at always embellish your legend and don't wear deodorant at our primal level we are animals and animals work off scents fear / masculinity / reproductivity alpha males rule while beta males sat in the back seat . like you said and I quote no one smart wants to do it there are so many wiser ways to make money un quote . back when carving was hot I was doing 6 a day and buying every carving I could get off other carvers making money hand over fist until the market became so saturated they would not sale at any price or any degree of detail . I think one of the last bastions of demand for chainsaw art is Maggie valley nc , gatlinberg tenn and pigeon forge tenn, and chester Vermont you have to be in a destination area with high tourist population the pass through areas are dying .townsend tenn would be a good area or wears valley tenn , the greatest compliment I ever got was when a mans wife said she would rather have my carving than jewelry or diamonds and gold and he purchased it for her a 495 carving it was not the most symmetrical or detailed but I used psychology non verbally I let the art speak if the art can extract emotion then everybody wins . I watched a 70 year old man mesmerized by my art lost almost in a trance his whole family hollering at him but he was like a 7 year old kid with a new red bike under the Christmas tree . is your art emotional can it support a above average lifestyle I heard about a guy who drew ga bulldogs he would say you want me to draw one people would say yes he would draw it and hand it to them and say 5 bucks he had one arm and they asked him to draw it in 5 minutes he made 5 bucks could they say no to a one arm man . if your not getting rich at art your not Picasso/da vinci/dali/michaelangelo/ michaelangelos breakthrough piece he shit and pissed on it then buried it I had to tell that story to a scad art professor he was unaware but teaching . the un creative need the creative how many great artists have PHD in front there name you are either born an artist or his helper . just FYI I'm not a mensa member but I have invited them to join mehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiI-MYP0Up8

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: crap carvers can make lots of money

February 28 2017, 12:22 PM 

Chester Vermont now has two carvers on one block! I would like to see three more here I bet we all would make money because people would come here to shop. Any artist with a good product could do well here. We have running water and in door plumbing here so we are a bit more advanced than folks down South!

Pinske

Respond to this message   

dr phil
(Login buzzsawz)

just put bars over your windows

February 28 2017, 5:58 PM 

don't go out at nite never carry cash and have not one but two pitbulls for securityhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewOOqOmOcus and at midnite its not zombies clawing at your outside walls its the town on heroine

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: just put bars over your windows

March 1 2017, 9:34 AM 

I have been pulled over three times coming home late through Mass with VT plates by since I got the new car though. The first thing I say to the cops is I'm aware of the drug problem I don't even drink or smoke weed! One time the cop gave me asked me to prove I had my contacts in after I was told he was really looking at my pupils. There is so much drug traffic it's crazy it needs to stop. We just had a pregnant woman OD in our town. No one is talking about it it seems so hopeless. Heroin is so cheap like $5 a bag or something I just can't understand why somrine would want to do it. We need to get use to having feelings. They are adding an Elephant tranquilizer or simething like it now it's just stupid. Drugs and addiction is hurting our economy. We need more art.

Pinske

Respond to this message   

dr phil
(Login buzzsawz)

drugs are sorcery and evil

March 1 2017, 10:40 AM 

even prescription drugs usually folks who live a long time are not pilled up doctors are practicing black magic back in the ancient days temples to various gods would have prostitutes and drugs available to enter the spirit world with mind altering drugshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hyd8_LmaXI

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum