World Wide Chain Saw Carving & Art Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Milling going great!

June 16 2017 at 10:17 AM

Barre  (Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

I have my CNC working very well and I'm getting orders. I'm thinking of hiring someone to run the machine. If anyone is interested in working from roughouts please let me know. I have been doing some math it I'm able to get a part 75% done for 40% of the cost on average. That is a constant 35% savings on your time not to mention not having to deal with logs, dirty wood and bark. I would love to build a bigger business around rough outs. We have the wood up here and the labor force help me help us make our lives easier.
Keep your saw in the Wood!

Pinske

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

dr phil
(Login buzzsawz)

bear

June 20 2017, 5:30 PM 

show some of your cutouts and display what your making you could sale a dvd of carving with a rough out for newbies wanting to get into the chainsaw carving realm

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: bear

June 24 2017, 2:47 AM 

I will do that I'm cranking! I need some bigger orders from carvers I'm starting to supply guys around here it's going good.
Keep your saw in the Wood!

Pinske

Respond to this message   
Rich
(Login rkoonz2)

rough outs

July 18 2017, 8:23 AM 

Rough outs are working out vary nicely, im excited to get my normal production carving stock ahead so I can work on new designs and more interesting things to carve and then scan those to! Not having to deal with the logs, dirty bark, sharpening the saws more because of the dirty bark, less clean up and they come out consistently nice. Getting ahead means I can dry them more and sell a better product. Scanning and milling my own design makes it easier to finish because I already know how it should look. The other nice thing is I can scan any thing I carve, so I can have 3 scans of the same type of bear so they look a little different. or scan something roughed out with some extra room to make adjustments to each one. It's the way to go if you can't keep up on your inventory also saves you from needing to hiring some one. To top it off its a part of the job that would be a lot harder to find someone to have the skill to do it, so if you do hire some one they can still do the finishing work...
Rich Koonz

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum