World Wide Chain Saw Carving Forum
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

News of the day

November 20 2017 at 6:04 AM
Indy  (Login D.R.)

In hopes to keep these forums going, I set here and wonder. Why not start a 'News of the Day' Post. A post that we all can add to. Just something to represent something, anything important in your life. Hopefully there are still enough looking in now and then to contribute. I'm sure everyday brings something that effects you or someone you know.

I'll start by saying, I'm so glad my friends Art and Elmer are recovering from there life threatening ordeals. Art from his open heart surgery and Elmer from his broken neck. Our world would not be what it is today with out these two great men. There contribution to our art world is amazing. I know with out them in my life I would not be what I am today as a carver. They inspire me to be better and to keep going, even if at a slower pace. They give meaning to the words ' never give up'.

For me, I'm recovering from knee replacement and doing good. We take so much for granite till we lose something. How much we depend on everything working as it should. We don't even think about it till it hurts. Then its like crap, I need that part in order for the other parts to work as they should.

And lastly. for our country, I hope eventually our leaders will began to work as one, for the betterment of our children. Pray for our President to make the right choses and eventually be seen as a man that was sent to Washington to do what's right for all of us and not kiss ass but to kick ass.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

dr phil
(Login buzzsawz)

glad your healing indy

November 20 2017, 10:15 AM 

but nancy Pelosi and chuckee schummer will keep the abortion mills going pauly ryan and john mackain will still vote against trump when he trys to get lower taxes etchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tE6T-ecmg

Respond to this message   
skippy
(no login)

Re: glad your healing indy

November 20 2017, 12:51 PM 

The ubiquitous presence and interminable responses from buzzsaw is a major reason not to bother here any more, he spoils every post and ruins the forum

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

November 20 2017, 1:53 PM 

Buzz is Buzz, at least he logs in so we know who he is. I blame Face Book for the lack of participation on the forums not one person, but your opinion is a honest one, and that's what is needed, more honesty with out threats of being whooped.
There's no changing him and seriously I hope none of change who we are. There's been way to much bigotry in this country under the pretense of being PC.
The reason for this post is so anyone can post what they fill is important to them. Hopefully with out judgment from us.
I found that video entertaining and some what true to form for our president. I for one am glad we didn't end up with the same old lying politician in office trying to be so PC that it was obvious they were lying every time they open there mouths.
Thanks to you both for at least participating.

Respond to this message   
Art
(Login buck893)

November 20 2017, 2:21 PM 

I think your intentions are good Indy but I think no one uses this forum anymore. I was going to delete the shortcut this morning when I saw your post. Hell ,Barre is too busy to bother with it anymore so good luck with Buzz happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

November 20 2017, 3:04 PM 

I think your right. I was thinking about the same thing a while back, then figured Id try this to see if there was still anyone around. But I'd say a lot have done what your thinking about doing. I have been going back in the archives and reading a lot of the old post. I think the forums were doomed when we all started to argue and let our personal feeling bring out the worst in us. Started way back on Jerry Wagner's forum. Including me, I did my share of mouthing off when I should have set back and said nothing. If I could do it over, I would have keep it all professional.
LOL Buzz does find some entertaining videos.

Respond to this message   

dr phil
(Login buzzsawz)

you know it indy

November 20 2017, 6:56 PM 

skippy is a social justice warrior who cried tears of joy when obummer won!!!!! glad finally a black man was president even though hes half white and raised by white grandparents . if you think Picasso did not argue with his art contemproraries then you have not studied art history , facebook is a narcists dream when every picture posted is of them or what there eating at the moment then Houston we have a problem . the worst forum ever is the blue board you have a crusty trying to be a dictator not allowing differing opinions its even worse then the yellow board that's bad but bear his forum is pretty fair . I enjoyed seeing danzyk become a champion carver after bear awarded him his turd award but bear proclaims he became great due to the humiliation he received from the TURD award . but if you see the outcomes ridgway is a shell of its former self!!!!! is chetwyn even going on wheres the tv shows there all cancelled in the butler went the poop chute and bear keeps having to find a new cow field to have his show in watch your step !!!!!! when a show becomes an invitational and your invited and your not it tells me somebody is scared , my favorite carver is gramps elf hes makes money and hes the right height to check out if headlights are on . I think as carvers were competing in losing in the real world where you get a paycheck they became disgruntled and resorted to there only defense which was to ridicule others . nobody can ever say I did not carve and I carved fast and never posted every carving I did my crappy ones always sold the best I recall one lady lusting over a 4 foot tall bear I did and she said to her husband I would rather have this then diamonds and jewels and he purchased it for her . and I recall a guy bragging about how good a carver was and he had a bear of his and the carver had stayed at his house then he could not recall his name pretty sad sack so great nobody even can recall his name .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDiPrFCM0M we all saw bears famous chair hit a secondary market and he was asked by a thrift store manager what the value was before they placed it in inventory . in the big picture I was a necessary evil to keep certain hog bellies in check 1 hour art sold for 200 dollars verse 500 hour art sold for 3500 dollars ------https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDiPrFCM0M

Respond to this message   
Indy
(Login D.R.)

Re: you know it indy

November 21 2017, 5:56 AM 

Refresh my mind, who owned the blue forum?

As far as trump verses the rest, it fills good to finely have a Man with balls in office.

As far as the yellow forum. I understand Joe and then Jerry trying to keep us all on tract. We do have a tendency to wonder from the main points to a world of insults and threats.

One thing I don't think I ever did was leave a comp pissed because of how it turned out. I guess because I have never been that good and never went for the sole purpose of winning. It has always been a having fun and money thing for me. Sad but true.

Face book from what I have seen is a real social thing. Its for communicating with friends and distant family members. To talk about your life and likes and post pics of what means most in ones life. After being on it the pass couple weeks I can see the benefits of it over the forums. As you said, the Blue/yellow was strict about keep the post about carving. Maybe that was just one more problem, all work makes for a dull day.

I be leave I was at Ridgway 3-4 times and each time I was amazed at all the carvers and there work. Not to mention all the time and hard work it must have been for the Boni's to organize it. Had to be a nightmare. My hats off to the all. But as all things great, they must end someday. I really don't see who could criticize them and the Vouis for anything other then a fantastic time.

I too have had people say the same thing about my carvings. I can't say I wasn't flattered, but each time I herd 'your the best I have seen' I thought to my self' you don't get out much do yah' LOL or you really mean My prices are the cheapest LOL. Either way it was good to hear now and than.

Bears chairs are unbelievable and if I could afford, I love to have one.

As far as 1 hour carvings or a 500 hour carving, I vote for the 1 hour. I have always felt that if you sale one high priced carving to one person you may get 1-2 clients from that. But if you sale 10 one hour carvings to 10 deferent client your return will be never ending, just my opinion and has worked for me very well.

I guess this post wont go much beyond me and you jabbering back and forth. That's OK at least I'm not lost here as I am on facebook

Respond to this message   

dr bobs
(Login buzzsawz)

indy

November 21 2017, 8:39 AM 

your the only sane one we all are patients in a mental ward and of course a vid to prove ithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWzhVauFbSU

Respond to this message   

Barre
(Premier Login 1pinske)
Owner

Re: indy

November 21 2017, 10:13 PM 

Good Job Indy, I hope you and your friends heal up we are all getting older. I agree our country has lost respect for leadership and the value of democracy in some way. We need to stand together and our Gov. needs to work for the people. The ongoing fighting is nuts. The Russia stuff is stupid Russians did not vote and the Trump Hillary fight is over. The media is driving me nuts they hang on like it's a rabid dog. These F'n sex scandles are poping like a string of fire crackers. Any one in any posistion who's acted like a dirty old man is loosing their jobs within days of accusations coming out. Holy crap we all are going to have to garner some self control or start cutting men's balls off.

Don give up Indy!
Keep your saw in the Wood!

Pinske

Respond to this message   

bill blake
(Login buzzsawz)

bear what you think about bruce jenner

November 22 2017, 8:00 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Thank you for joining Pinske's World Wide Chainsaw Carving Forum