Return to Index  

Geneticists have already explained that, so why invent fantasy to explain it?

November 3 2011 at 2:00 PM
No score for this post

Doc Strange  (Login edstrange13)

Response to Re: No, I'm not a Creationist. I base my beliefs on testable evidence.

Hop said: It has been argued that human evolution has accelerated since, and as a result of, the development of agriculture and civilization some 10,000 years ago.

Evolution doesn't "accelerate". The only thing that accelerates evolution is passing genetic information from one generation to the next faster. While he have a large population, evolution hasn't "accelerated".

Are we different creatures than if we never would have left the hunter/gatherer lifestyle that Homo Sapiens evolved into? Of course, because we have modified our environment, and adaptation to environments will affect evolution.

But it hasn't "accelerated".

Hop said: It is claimed that this has resulted in substantial genetic differences between different current human populations.

The reason we have genetic differences between different human races is because there hasn't been an influx of different genetic codes between populations until very recently (ie: the last couple of millenia), and evolution takes hundreds of thousands of years.

Geneticists have been saying this for decades. Why invent fantasy to explain that which has already been explained?

Hop said: There are places where Groids live that have not advanced enough to know what agriculture and civilization is, and also in the Middle East.

Sweet Jeebus.

Not only are you ignorant of human evolution, but you're also ignorant of history.

You obviously don't know where writing and mathematics was invented, do you?

I take back my previous post that you need to learn about evolution.

I really don't think you have the ability to comprehend it.

-----------------------------------------------
"My last vestige of 'hands off religion' respect disappeared in the smoke and choking dust of September 11th 2001, followed by the "National Day of Prayer," when prelates and pastors did their tremulous Martin Luther King impersonations and urged people of mutually incompatible faiths to hold hands, united in homage to the very force that caused the problem in the first place." -- Richard Dawkins, The Devil's Chaplain (2004)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement