Return to Index  

Do you wonder why.............

March 2 2012 at 8:52 PM
No score for this post
Rainbow  (no login)

Response to Hop...me hates thy guts!

Do you wonder why we need to look at extremely biased sites that are outside the mainstream news in order to find all this (false) negativity about Obama? I like Jack Webb...."Just the facts, ma'am" (or sir). happy.gif

You see, I get suspicious when all the anti-Obama sources are unconventional and biased sites. I figure if one keeps searching & reading these sites, he/she will always feed his/her mind and emotions with this info. I try to look at the facts and results before forming solid opinions.

There could be various filters of the mind that partially block the truth; some being emotions and prejudices. Basically, most people are ruled by their emotions. What's important to me when doing research is:

- Is the source reliable, just reporting the facts rather than mainly opinions?
- Have I compared this info to other sources such as mainstream news, Factcheck, Truth or Fiction, and Snopes?
- Are my opinions just based on dislike (my emotions), or based on results and accomplishments of the subject in question?

[linked image]

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement