Return to Index  

Re: Can we be sure that either creation or evolution is true, if.......

June 13 2012 at 9:25 AM
No score for this post
hop  (Login grasshopper04)

Response to Can we be sure that either creation or evolution is true, if.......

Well Bow, there is some proof that we may still be evolving however small it is. [grin] Bacteria can become resistant to antibiotics so they are evolving. I am afraid that proof of a god will never happen now or anytime in the future. Man created god to serve a purpose , like explain the unexplainable, control of the masses with the power an invisible god enables some men to control others like the priests of old did.

The churches of today do the same thing. I have seen black preachers personally take their whole church in buses to the voting polls in early voting. It happened in Tennessee in 2008 but didn't work because the rest of the voters chose to not support a black Kenyan for President.

Religion is used to soften the blow of death of a loved one by them thinking that they will meet again on the other side someday. This does help a lot of people accept the loss and is the main reason I don't express my agnosticism very much. I don't think there is another side and believe that when the last breath and oxygen leaves the brain the body is gone forever and is in peace of no pain or suffering.

I have never seen a ghost except I thought I saw my grandmother a week after she died in the corn patch, but now realize it was a six year old's mind forming the image. It was the first death or funeral I had witnessed and I was traumatized by it. She lived next door with a garden between our houses and she loved me. [smile]
hop

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Religion and PhilosophyCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement