If you have a ad banner you would like to display,
e-mail it to the administrator and we'll
place it for one year.

Return to Forum  

exposed Beeman/HW rear sight holes

February 7 2013 at 2:03 PM
David Wimmer  (Login awa54)

So anyone who has taken the rear sights off of a Beeman R series or HW rifle has probably experienced the same frustration I am going through right now...

The screws that hold the sight in place are an uncommon thread pitch (seems to be M5 x 0.5), so even getting a simple filler screw or button head screw to cover the holes is an exercise in frustration, let alone finding a source for the rear sight replacement plates that Beeman used to sell.

If anyone has a lead on someone who has old stock of the plates or who makes a plate (or can make a plate for a reasonable price) for the HW30/R7 and HW95/R9, please let me know, as I don't have access to the tools that would be required to make these parts myself. Even button head or filler screws would be a step in the right direction, as it stands I plan to use some nylon screws in 12-24 thread filed down to fit, just so that the holes won't collect dirt and corrosion.

Thanks in advance for any information!

David

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Tim Einck - Larry Miller on Mar 31, 2013, 10:18 PM
  •  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement