If you have a ad banner you would like to display,
e-mail it to the administrator and we'll
place it for one year.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

exposed Beeman/HW rear sight holes

February 7 2013 at 2:03 PM
David Wimmer  (Login awa54)

So anyone who has taken the rear sights off of a Beeman R series or HW rifle has probably experienced the same frustration I am going through right now...

The screws that hold the sight in place are an uncommon thread pitch (seems to be M5 x 0.5), so even getting a simple filler screw or button head screw to cover the holes is an exercise in frustration, let alone finding a source for the rear sight replacement plates that Beeman used to sell.

If anyone has a lead on someone who has old stock of the plates or who makes a plate (or can make a plate for a reasonable price) for the HW30/R7 and HW95/R9, please let me know, as I don't have access to the tools that would be required to make these parts myself. Even button head or filler screws would be a step in the right direction, as it stands I plan to use some nylon screws in 12-24 thread filed down to fit, just so that the holes won't collect dirt and corrosion.

Thanks in advance for any information!

David

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Larry Miller
(Login breakfastchef)

Tim Einck

March 31 2013, 10:18 PM 

Tim Einck makes cover plates for the holes. He does not have a website, so shoot him an email - timein420@hotmail.com

I did find a link to photos of some of the products he makes -http://s650.photobucket.com/user/timein420/library/?page=1

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement